Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

I am willing to give everyone a year of carte blanche this year to see how they do without Snyder's clown show circus. Wright had enough missteps on their face to be in jeopardy, but under Snyder, we have no idea what kind of insanity was going on behind the scenes.

If he continues to botch things, then adios. Same goes for Rivera and everyone else.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Hi think Josh will find quickly that Jason will need to be let go.

If Josh goes into 24 with this idiot, he will suffer.

You have to clear all of the Synder stench to truly turn things around.

We are quickly transitioning from that phase where anyone can assume all their genius personal hopes and desires will be carried out by the new owner to the reality phase.  Things could get spicy :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I wouldn't call the guy an idiot, but he's definitely had his share of blunders, and doesn't seem to be in touch with the fans and the history of the team.

I'm not a fan of Wright either, but I think he's a product of the Snyder ownership that doesn't care about fans and history of the team like you said.  Maybe an owner with a winning pedigree will change his mindset.  If not, throw him out with the bathwater come 2024

• Like 2

That is a bout what I figured would happen. I didn't think Wright was going anywhere early on.

It seems as counter intuitive to remove the head of your business operations 2-3 weeks b4 pre-season as it is to remove a coach. The team was simply acquired to late in the offseason to reasonably expect such a change.

He'll get a 1 year opp like Rivy to prove he can do well in his current position. If there are not substantial improvements on the money-making side, he is gonzo. His goals are not so clear cut however. Nothing like a "make the playoffs" mandate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Hopefully, a " continued role ", doesn't mean his current role.

I'm sure they have a job ready and waiting for him that will take full advantage of his particular skill set...

image.png.ef921a8bc7ee7957edf043dcbcf70cc6.png

This is just for laughs.

I actually agree with the decision to initially retain him.

You can't come into a seasonal organization a few weeks before things start in earnest and summarily dismiss upper management when there were known ownership deficiencies that made it difficult if not impossible for anyone to succeed.

That would be starting off the new regime by creating a level of chaos worthy of "he who shall nevermore be named".

I say they use what essentially is a lame duck year to evaluate everyone-- full stop.

Then make sober informed retention decisions and bring in the new era of Washington football.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

I have been through quite a few leadership changes over my career.  They are never fun transitions and provide a large measure of uncertainty for everyone.  I believe retaining Jason, either out of prudence or necessity at this point, and giving him a chance to show what he can do under new ownership is the right course.  If by next off-season it hasn’t worked out, you have at least done enough to give yourself the moral high ground.  Especially if Jason is as respected in NFL circles as he appears to be.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I personally don’t care how much Jason Wright is respected in the league. 

He is useless and should be fired day 1.

I disagree. I think he needs to prove his worth like anyone else in the organization. We got rid of the tumor that was Snyder so let's see how things operate without the loser. Also, I have no idea how much work Wright has put into a new stadium location. I have a feeling he will offer a lot of insight on that matter. Let's be patient until the dust settles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I just want anyone who was hired or brought in by Snyder to go away. That might not sound fair but I don’t want any potentially infectious remnant of the old culture to be present as we transition into a new one. I’m also skeptical of some of the players on this ball club and wouldn’t mind seeing them traded off but am well aware of the complexities of that pursuit compared to jettisoning coaches and personnel staff.

In a long enough timeline people can change, even the hopeless scrubs Dan hired, but why trouble ourselves with the uncertainty of their conversion when we can hire individuals that already come equipped with a winning/positive mentality?

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

He'll get a 1 year opp like Rivy to prove he can do well in his current position. If there are not substantial improvements on the money-making side, he is gonzo. His goals are not so clear cut however. Nothing like a "make the playoffs" mandate.

I actually think there could be some very specific financial metrics and KPIs linked to Wright, they’re just not as obvious outside the building.  To the ownership group, it could be almost as clear cut. 

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think there could be some very specific financial metrics and KPIs linked to Wright, they’re just not as obvious outside the building.  To the ownership group, it could be almost as clear cut. 

Probably.

Still the only KPI that should matter is W/L ratio.