Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This thing get even more weird. I'm not sure how much of this is true.

http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v45/__show_article/_a000010-001025.htm

"Research shows that gold recovered by the forerunner to the CIA--the Office of Strategic Services (OSS)--was deposited in Citibank (and many other banks, too), not in the name of the OSS or CIA but in the name of one of their operatives, Severino Garcia Santa Romana.

On his death in 1974, some--but not all--of Romana's "assets" appear to have been illegally acquired by former Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos, who was at one time Santa Romana's attorney. According to Santa Romana's widow, her husband gave Marcos a limited Power of Attorney for use solely in the Philippines, since he travelled abroad regularly. It seems that Marcos somehow made use of this to gain control over Santa Romana's gold and other assets.

It also appears likely, based on documents in this writer's possession, that considerable quantities of gold once held by Santa Romana were later placed under the control of former CIA covert operator Major-General Edward Lansdale. However, these assets were lodged with the Union Bank of Switzerland. Again, it is worthy of note that they were placed in Ed Lansdale's name, not in the name of a US Government agency. These assets are very clearly off the books.

Large quantities of gold held by Citibank remained in the account names of Severino Garcia Sta. Romana and José Antonio Diaz de la Paz (the latter being a well-known alias for Santa Romana) under reference codes "Fanerst King Fisher" and "Burgst Harbor King" respectively.3 These have been the subject of a legal wrangle between Santa Romana's heirs and Citibank's John Reed.

The fact that the gold held by Citibank and others may not have been in the name of the Central Intelligence Agency or the Federal Reserve--but, rather, was in Santa Romana's name--may have been all Citibank needed to wriggle out of a poorly crafted question."

Edited by RVAskins

“I would anticipate it being done,” Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday.

Jones declined to speculate on a timetable for the owners ratifying the deal, adding, “I don’t want to simplify a lot of work, but these are outstandingly qualified owners.”

The deal must be structured properly, Jones noted. “That structure is important,” he said. “It’s an important value of the franchise.”

Representatives of the Harris group are in discussions with the NFL about the approval process, according to two people familiar with those conversations. One of those people described the talks as constructive.

“We’re not going to have anything at this meeting,” Irsay said. “We’re a little ways away, but we’re working hard. Everyone wants to get it done, and it’s just seeing that it complies with league policy. It’s a complicated deal. So we’re trying to just work through it, and we’re hopeful that we can get it done. It’s going to take probably several more weeks of discussions before we see if we can reach the goal line there. But everyone’s — they’re hopeful, and we want to keep working in that direction.”

...Irsay added: “And I think the Harris group knows: ‘Look, you guys, you know we have to stay within the guidelines that we gave you. They were clear from the beginning. So let’s put the dot over the I and put the cross over the T, make sure we get that done right.’ So I’m hopeful that can get done. I think they’re very enthusiastic about becoming the owners. I think they’re really fired up to have a chance to take over the team … before the season starts. But we’re just — we’re not there yet. But I’m hopeful we get there.”

Irsay was asked whether he’s comfortable with the amount of debt in the deal. He answered, “Yes, I am, as long as it complies with league rules.”

• Like 1

Irsay is an embarrassment. One Harris could buy and sell several times over. He might want to be a little more press-shy now that Danny boy is gone or the Indy fans may pick up the mantle of fans who desperately want a new owner. 

• Like 2

It's such a weird feeling to see Jerry Jones sympathizing with Commie fans. I hate him almost as much as Irsay. It feels humiliating to have his sympathy, even though we honestly deserve the entire league's sympathy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's such a weird feeling to see Jerry Jones sympathizing with Commie fans. I hate him almost as much as Irsay. It feels humiliating to have his sympathy, even though we honestly deserve the entire league's sympathy.

He knows Snyder is an embarrassment to the NFL and the Commanders. These owners may want to kick each others butts on game day but they'll do whatever they need to do to protect the league.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

"Qualified owners".  Sounds like Jerruh is trying to cover his bases.  Weird since he's probably one of most powerful owners.  

Given how close Jerruh is to Snyder, I actually doubt that. If the NFL owners were a high school lunch room, I doubt either one of them was sitting at the cool kids’ table. Jerruh’s got his own history of sexual misconduct within the Cowboys organization too— just not as egregious as what happened in DC.

13 hours ago, RVAskins said:

He knows Snyder is an embarrassment to the NFL and the Commanders. These owners may want to kick each others butts on game day but they'll do whatever they need to do to protect the league.

The inability to get a stadium funded was the tipping point. Prior to this, Jerruh was more than happy to back Snyder up partly because he was a fellow owner, but mostly because the Cowboys were virtually guaranteed two wins against the Commies each year because of Snyder's ineptitude.

But that tipping point would have NEVER been reached had those brave women not stepped forward to air their stories of harassment. If that had not happened, we'd still be here debating when Snyder was going to fire Rivera and how much he was going to pay Matt Ryan to become our QB1.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

It wouldn’t shock me if the final approval doesn’t happen until the October -Fall owners meetings.

Supposedly, the net worth of the ownership group is 100 billion. You figure you’d come up with the right structure.

Sell one of your other franchises. The nfl will bring in more money than hockey or the nba.