Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

15 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Oof, I'm on the flip side of that issue.  I used to borrow my BIL's streaming account and it was horrendous-- constantly having to log back in and no ability to stream multiple games on multiple devices. Not to mention that the app was just generally terrible. 

I'm actually looking forward to YouTubeTV taking it over.

The issue is the 2 stream limit. It’s nonsense. YouTube Tv already has an unlimited plan for the same home that uses an IP address check to make sure it’s the same house. They refuse to use it for Sunday ticket.  

Also you probably got to use your BIL’s streaming account because he was watching on a receiver. You are limited to 2 streams period. So if you launch on 2 devices and he launches on a single device, your first device will stop. If you log back in your second device will stop and if you do it again his will stop and it will go in a loop when he logs back in. 

I have had Sunday ticket since it launched in 1994 on the old school 12 foot c band satellite dishes. There was no limit then, I had multiple receivers since the early 1980s and I paid like an extra 5 bucks for each one when Sunday ticket started in 1994(it was free before that you got the game feed from the truck at the stadium with no commercials). Same with Directv, you paid an extra receiver charge.

Since 1983 I was not limited. Now 40 years later in 2023 with all the technology we have, I am limited to 2 screens by one of the biggest tech giants ever. It’s outrageously ridiculous. 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am curious as to what happens to Jason Wright after he's let go.  People can definitely "fail upwards" and I think he seems to be that kind of a guy.

I cannot believe how many people in the fanbase want to keep him around.   

Most fans don't have any clue what his goal and responsibilities were supposed to be, they just see him as the face of whatever has gone wrong. Plus he spoke positively of Dan and Tanya, so that puts numerous dents in his rep among the fan base. Don't be surprised if the new owner thinks far more positively about his performance so far than the fans do.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Also you probably got to use your BIL’s streaming account because he was watching on a receiver. You are limited to 2 streams period. So if you launch on 2 devices and he launches on a single device, your first device will stop. If you log back in your second device will stop and if you do it again his will stop and it will go in a loop when he logs back in. 

Yeah, he was definitely on his receiver.  My point was that I was the only one streaming but could only do one stream, and everything about it was generally awful (the constant logins, the app UI, etc.).  I'm not an advocate of the 2 stream limit, but its actually better than what DirecTV used to offer for its streaming members. 

3 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Yeah, he was definitely on his receiver.  My point was that I was the only one streaming but could only do one stream, and everything about it was generally awful (the constant logins, the app UI, etc.).  I'm not an advocate of the 2 stream limit, but its actually better than what DirecTV used to offer for its streaming members. 

That’s like saying you went to Mastros or Morton’s and ordered a tomahawk ribeye with a side of fries but you prefer McDonald’s fries. Now McDonald’s is giving you two orders of fries for the meal at the same price. That’s great for you but the steak is now missing! 

Speaking of analytics, we are one onf the only teams according to a chart I looked at as to having just one employee doing it.

i know some would say that's on Rivera.  Maybe but I suspect Dan has his finger prints on this.  JLC among others has said this team has been cheap for a long time as spending money on scouting-staff-expenses.

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.42.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.53 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The issue is the 2 stream limit. It’s nonsense. YouTube Tv already has an unlimited plan for the same home that uses an IP address check to make sure it’s the same house. They refuse to use it for Sunday ticket.  

I have had Sunday ticket since it launched in 1994 on the old school 12 foot c band satellite dishes. There was no limit then, I had multiple receivers since the early 1980s and I paid like an extra 5 bucks for each one when Sunday ticket started in 1994(it was free before that you got the game feed from the truck at the stadium with no commercials). Same with Directv, you paid an extra receiver charge.

Since 1983 I was not limited. Now 40 years later in 2023 with all the technology we have, I am limited to 2 screens by one of the biggest tech giants ever. It’s outrageously ridiculous. 

Streaming Sunday Ticket only allowed one stream for the last two years, and those are the only two years I've had it so it may have been for longer.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i know some would say that's on Rivera.  Maybe but I suspect Dan has his finger prints on this.  JLC among others has said this team has been cheap for a long time as spending money on scouting-staff-expenses.

I think the simple reality is that we need a complete overhaul. Top down. 

Rivera, Mayhew, Hurney, Rogers.

Let’s see where they all get jobs once fired here. 

And yes it’s true, Dan was clearly cheap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am curious as to what happens to Jason Wright after he's let go.  People can definitely "fail upwards" and I think he seems to be that kind of a guy.

I cannot believe how many people in the fanbase want to keep him around.   

You want fries with that?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Streaming Sunday Ticket only allowed one stream for the last two years, and those are the only two years I've had it so it may have been for longer.

Streaming was a Sunday ticket add on. The base product included unlimited receivers through satellite delivery. People with 5 to 10 screens or more  had multiple receivers.

The new product does not provide an option for people with multiple tv setups and trust me there are a lot in the Sunday ticket core subscriber base.

You can get unlimited streams for all your cable stations on YouTube tv today. You can stream espn on 40 devices at the same home now on YouTube tv but they are limiting Sunday ticket to 2 streams. The NFL on sundays is the one compelling event to have multiple screens going at the same time and the geniuses at YouTube are capping everyone at 2.

56 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Viewed/views himself as the smartest man in the room, and didn't bother to confer with people in the bldg - like Hurney and others - who have a deep understanding of franchise history and tradition.

Read between the lines..... he's the one pushing very hard for Hard Knocks. You'd see a team president with more camera time than ever in the history of the program. Mr. Bojangles, dance for me.

For me, let him brief the new ownership group over a short span of time (less than a month), then show him the damn door.

He can do that in one day and then be let go. His replacement can walk him out the door,

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I know you have a commercial use for multi streams. The 2 stream limit is for domestic users (and i agree thats a bit stingy - everything else I have as an add on for YoutubeTV has a 3 stream limit for a start, including RedZone). I have to assume they will come out with a multi stream plan for sports bars etc, though no doubt it will be more expensive than the arrangement you had using DirecTV.

Overall I'm pleased with my move to YoutubeTV - its saving me money (even including the NFL Sunday ticket cost) on what I was paying DirecTV and - streaming limits aside - is a superior experience for me personally as a user. I travel a lot and the mobile experience is miles better for a start.

27 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Streaming was a Sunday ticket add on. The base product included unlimited receivers through satellite delivery. People with 5 to 10 screens or more  had multiple receivers.

The new product does not provide an option for people with multiple tv setups and trust me there are a lot in the Sunday ticket core subscriber base.

You can get unlimited streams for all your cable stations on YouTube tv today. You can stream espn on 40 devices at the same home now on YouTube tv but they are limiting Sunday ticket to 2 streams. The NFL on sundays is the one compelling event to have multiple screens going at the same time and the geniuses at YouTube are capping everyone at 2.

They do say they will let you watch up to 4 streams simultaneously on a single screen using multi view. But thats very different to multiple separate streams on different screens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Barstool DMV is making themselves look kind of dumb reposting a video of someone posting a video of a place that pretty clearly looks like it's not the Washington monument.

lol that’s a prevalent meme, it is posted frequently as a joke when random big events happen. Always mischaracterized as being about the event in question. It’s been going on for years now. Not to defend barstool *shudder* 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

Ah, I see, I've never had the dish myself. Also this is awesome that we want to find ways to pay to watch the games now.

Like is this what a normal team's fan feels?

• Like 1

Cerrato just now.  The humor to this is he's coming off like he's defending Dan but at the same time hitting him with daggers in a cheerful way.  It brings me back to how he would say stupid stuff back when he worked here but had no idea how he came off.  Cerrato as usual comes off like a likeable buffoon.

It was time for him to move on -- its good for Dan and good for the fans.

He defends him a little but it came off feint praise -- he goes he can do nice things but when things weren't going well, he'd be a jerk.  But he was cool when he was in a good mood.  He was way too involved with personnel.

He didn't sleep, he'd call Cerrato at 2 am.  When he fired Cerrato he said he didn't want to do it  and Cerrato is family to him but the media is giving him heat for keeping him and he needed a new guy to take that heat.

Cerrato wanted to take Jamal Charles in the 2nd round, he kept pushing it, Snyder goes no we are taking Malcom Kelly 

When Snyder wanted Jeff George, Snyder basically told people to back off, he wants him and he signs the checks

But Dan was fun to pal around with watching football

Dan would listen to his circle of friends more so than his FO as to personnel

Saying he thought Shanny could have won there but blames what went wrong then more on Bruce then Dan

He thinks new ownership will rejeuvenate the fanbase and helped get a stadium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of analytics, we are one onf the only teams according to a chart I looked at as to having just one employee doing it.

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.42.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.43.53 PM.png

Speaking of analytics, we are one one of the only teams according to a chart I looked at as to having just one employee doing it.

Our one man analytics team, Douglas Drewry, hard at work mid-season in 2022...

image.png.ff195a8e948489d6665fb6b72b67b89c.png

" I got no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

I thought analytics was a sex thing. 

Momma was right I should have finished high school or become a plumber.

For the love of God will somebody please shoot me and put me out of my misery!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

The obvious reason is because they will eventually unveil the option to pay extra for more screens. And people will do it. That’s the reality of having exclusive rights to something a lot of people can’t do without. 

David Elfin, ex-writer for the Washington times called into Grant's show about an hour ago and shared.

A.  Dan wouldn't let him sit for the game in the press box after a phase where Dan was unhappy with his stories.

B.  Dan would charge the press back then for Internet useage and parking.

C.  As a dude from the first time he met Dan it was easy to see he was just a bad person.

• Sad 1