Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, tshile said:

Remember when all the tough 1/6 rioters started crying about how awful prison was?

I expect that x 100000 with trump

although dude eats fast food on the reg so maybe he won’t have complaints about the food. 

See, I think it's the food that'll do him in...it was awful, like waaaaayy worse than anything I'd ever experienced. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if Trump would try and instruct his Secret Service detail to fight any officers who come to arrest him if it comes to that.

That’s not how that works. 

they are not his slaves to do his bidding. 

to give a real life example - DOJ coordinated the mar a largo raid with secret service. It’s not perfectly clear but I seems Trump didn’t know about it and certainly had no ability to stop it 

they will coordinate with secret service to prevent one agency’s people from shooting another’s. But they can’t just decide to not follow the law and refuse to allow officers near Trump. 

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

It’s kinda amusing that Teesh thinks prison/jail food is comparable to the BK value menu or some such.

If you want to defend trash food have at it 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Remember when all the tough 1/6 rioters started crying about how awful prison was?

although dude eats fast food on the reg so maybe he won’t have complaints about the food. 

WHen it comes to fast food, he at least has a choice, no choice in prison.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Jail has worse conditions than most prisons and federal prisons sometimes have good commissary's. Alexandria's jail food sucks, but it has okay commissary. PWC sucks for both and down in Southern VA like Central Regional Jail in Orange County the breakfasts are like cracker barrel quality but everything else is a hillbilly hellscape where you gotta fight mother****ers for basic **** like toilet paper, bed sheets, and pillow cases.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s not how that works. 

they are not his slaves to do his bidding. 

to give a real life example - DOJ coordinated the mar a largo raid with secret service. It’s not perfectly clear but I seems Trump didn’t know about it and certainly had no ability to stop it 

they will coordinate with secret service to prevent one agency’s people from shooting another’s. But they can’t just decide to not follow the law and refuse to allow officers near Trump. 

Right, I get that. But we all know that Trump believes he's basically a king and above the law. I just wonder what would happen if he actually did try to order them to defend him. IIRC there were reports that there were plenty of Secret Service MAGAs, but I doubt they'd go that far.

Then again, if it ended up being like Mar-a-Lago where Trump himself wasn't even notified then it would be a moot point.

42 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Jail has worse conditions than most prisons and federal prisons sometimes have good commissary's. Alexandria's jail food sucks, but it has okay commissary. PWC sucks for both and down in Southern VA like Central Regional Jail in Orange County the breakfasts are like cracker barrel quality but everything else is a hillbilly hellscape where you gotta fight mother****ers for basic **** like toilet paper, bed sheets, and pillow cases.

right, and to be clear my money is on some sort of home confinement. Which, has been done before for other people where prison was an abnormal pain in the ass to figure out. 

but even if he is to physically sit in a prison, I have no reason to believe he will not be among the best, if not the best, taken care of prisoners ever. He’s not gonna be thrown into gen pop, forced to **** in the open where everyone can see him, or shower with other prisoners. It’s just not gonna happen … I wouldn’t be surprised if they run out to get food for him. 

and I’m aware of how ****ty jail/prison is, for those that felt it necessary to explain. 

• Thumb down 1

Trump appeals gag order in federal 2020 election subversion case

Former President Donald Trump is appealing the gag order issued on him by the federal judge overseeing his federal 2020 election subversion case, after claiming she “took away my right to speak.”

“We’re being railroaded. And I have other trials where we’re being railroaded. You saw yesterday where they took away my right to speak. I won’t be able to speak like I’m speaking to you,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday moments before he entered a New York courtroom to attend his ongoing civil fraud trial.

“I am leading Joe Biden and I’m being restricted. My speech has been taken away from me. I’m a candidate that’s running for office and I’m not allowed to speak,” Trump said, referring to the partial gag order issued Monday by US District Judge Tanya Chutkan.

The notice of appeal was filed with Chutkan on Tuesday.

Click on the link for the full article

This appeal will go nowhere.

• Haha 2

Ok so his strategy is to just say - they took away my right to speak, so I can’t tell you about how corrupt this judge is, or that she’s an awful democrat, or that <whomever> is <whatever>, cause if I did that I’d get in trouble”

there’s a name for that. Someone told me it but I forget. It’s the same thing tim scott does about his girlfriend or Nikki Haley about her gender 

6 hours ago, tshile said:

right, and to be clear my money is on some sort of home confinement. Which, has been done before for other people where prison was an abnormal pain in the ass to figure out. 

but even if he is to physically sit in a prison, I have no reason to believe he will not be among the best, if not the best, taken care of prisoners ever. He’s not gonna be thrown into gen pop, forced to **** in the open where everyone can see him, or shower with other prisoners. It’s just not gonna happen … I wouldn’t be surprised if they run out to get food for him. 

and I’m aware of how ****ty jail/prison is, for those that felt it necessary to explain. 

Give him the Albert Speer treatment.
A whole prison, just for him.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

"People say this judge and prosecutor are so corrupt, more corrupt than most...I don't say that, but people do. For instance, I would never say this judge should be out of a job or that the prosecutor is hateful and a racist Biden-lover liberal. But others have. Others say it all the time. Not me, though. I never would say anything like that." - Trump (probably)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Trump Lawyer Acknowledged Political Agenda in Election Suit, Emails Show

On Dec. 24, 2020, Kenneth Chesebro and other lawyers fighting to reverse President Donald J. Trump’s election defeat were debating whether to file litigation contesting Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory in Wisconsin, a key swing state.

Mr. Chesebro argued there was little doubt that the litigation would fail in court — he put the odds of winning at “1 percent” — as Mr. Trump continued to push his baseless claims of widespread fraud, according to emails reviewed by The New York Times.

But the “relevant analysis,” Mr. Chesebro argued, “is political.”

The emails have new significance because Mr. Chesebro is scheduled to be one of the first two of Mr. Trump’s 18 co-defendants to go on trial this month on charges brought by the district attorney’s office in Fulton County, Ga. The indictment accused Mr. Chesebro of conspiring to create slates of so-called fake electors pledged to Mr. Trump in several states that Mr. Biden had won.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I have never understood is Trump's contention that nobody was hurt by him over valuing his properties when applying for loans and valuing them less when it came to paying property taxes. 

On the lender side, they would have charged him a higher rate if his wealth was known to be less. Thus his lies resulted in him not paying what he should have had to pay. By lying, he stole from his creditors.

By under valuing the properties to get out of property taxes, he stole from the public at large. What he didn't pay resulted in one of three things. Either less services were provided, more money was collected from other taxes, or public debt was incurred.

Whichever set of books represents the "true" value, he stole from somebody by maintaining 2 different sets of books. It is not a victemless crime as he claims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Califan007 The Constipated

Gawd, I am not a lawyer but this is such a non-issue.   In fact, it's probably standard for out of the Circuit laywers.   So long as the attorney is of good standing in any state, they will be admitted "Pro Hac Vice". 

Gosh - I am almost embarraased I know this, but I have followed way too many legal proceedings apparently. 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

@Califan007 The Constipated

Gawd, I am not a lawyer but this is such a non-issue.   In fact, it's probably standard for out of the Circuit laywers.   So long as the attorney is of good standing in any state, they will be admitted "Pro Hac Vice". 

Gosh - I am almost embarraased I know this, but I have followed way too many legal proceedings apparently. 

In a vacuum, yes...

When you're the lawyer for a former President of the United States and have ****ed up as much as Trump's lawyers have, having the judge have to point out that you didn't do even the most basic of procedures when submitting an appeal is more like another brick in the incompetence wall.

• Thumb up 1

At this point all lawyers with even a shred of dignity or common sense have fled the possibility of representing the big fat traitor, so expect that some of them will have some smudges, like inability to spell their own name, uncontrollable drooling, even being able to speak only Russian. 

~Bang

• Thanks 2