Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, China said:

Mark Meadows gave Fani Willis what she needs to convict: ex-conservative columnist

Former President Donald Trump's one-time White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows fought hard on Monday in court to try to convince a federal judge his trial in the Georgia election racketeering case should be moved from state court to federal court — but in doing so, he actually weakened any possible defense he may have had for his actions, arguedWashington Post columnist Lisa Rubin.

"He is so desperate, he waived his Fifth Amendment rights, testified at length in federal court at Monday’s hearing on removal of his case and seemed to leave himself wide open to prosecution for his involvement in the phony-elector scheme," wrote Rubin, a former conservative columnist turned against the GOP by Trump. "The first question is why he so fears state court" — since even if he succeeds, he still gets tried under state charges, and still can't be pardoned if convicted.

The best theory, Rubin said, is one hinted at by other legal experts: he hopes he'll draw a more conservative judge who will find in favor of his argument that he is immune from prosecution because he was acting in an official capacity when he pushed to overturn elections based on conspiracy theories.

The problem for Meadows, Rubin continued, is that he is actually admitting to much of what the prosecution alleges in his testimony to try to get the case removed.

"In testifying for several hours and submitting himself to cross-examination, Meadows let on how closely he was involved in Trump’s shenanigans, revealed that he had no reason to doubt then-Attorney General William P. Barr’s assessment that there was no fraud, and made clear that a good deal of what he did was political," wrote Rubin. This means that "whether he winds up in federal or state court, he has admitted to facts that might well seal his prosecution if the immunity defense fails." Meadows also blundered, she added, by claiming campaign activities are part of his official federal duties — which is explicitly illegal under the Hatch Act. And he admitted to several conversations about the plot to overturn the election.

Click on the link for the full article

giphy.gif

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And Trump may very well be facing a fifth indictment on the horizon in Arizona now lol...👍

Oh, that's not the only one.  I'm still waiting for the federal wire fraud indictment for his campaign finance shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Too bad that $250k won't go to a worthwhile cause. Instead it goes to Egghead Man to keep him outta jail. 😒

What about resurrecting the real egg-head man?

And now it just occurred to me: In the Simpsons episode where Marge and Lisa try to pass the time with egg-painting, it was a Vincent Price egg-painting kit they were using.  I wonder if that was actually intended as an Egghead reference.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:46 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Anyone running a pool on which Trump-tied person is the first to realize how ****ed they are and off themselves?  Or should we start one?  $5 a square?

O……….M……..G!!!!!! TOO!!!!! MUCH!!!!! FUN!!!!!!!! JAZZ HANDS!!!!

image.gif

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

When you’ve been around as long as I have, you can predict these sorts of things pretty easily.

Eric Trump by self-immolation.

Don himself will be next, sometime around the holidays. He will distribute flyers to all the local elementary schools advertising that Santa will be parachuting in to the Trump Tower parking lot, then rent a Santa suit and jump to his death with the goal of emotionally scarring as many children as possible on his way out.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Not for money, but a great Bingo card...I'm in. 

That would require at least 4 people to off themselves to win.  That seems a bit much.  Also, I need a mod to chime in on me starting a thread guessing suicides.  They probably won't let us do money but we could do sig bets?

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That would require at least 4 people to off themselves to win.  That seems a bit much.  Also, I need a mod to chime in on me starting a thread guessing suicides.  They probably won't let us do money but we could do sig bets?

I won't ever change my sig.  Come up with something else.