Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Chesebro, Powell seek to scrutinize evidence in Georgia election case

Lawyers for Trump-aligned attorneys Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell will be back in court Thursday for a hearing that will consider a batch of motions in which they are seeking to scrutinize evidence Georgia prosecutors gathered against them.

Chesebro and Powell, who are set to go to trial next month, are both asking to speak to the grand jurors who indicted them for allegations of interfering in the 2020 election to keep former President Trump in power. They are also seeking to unveil the identities of 30 unindicted co-conspirators listed in charging documents. 

Chesebro too is asking to unseal transcripts from the special grand jury, a separate group of Fulton County citizens that did not vote on the indictment but had previously recommended charges in the probe.

The duo’s requests are seemingly aimed at searching for deficiencies in the indictment that could serve as grounds to have the charges dismissed, and to better glean prosecutors’ evidence.

Click on the link for the full article

Tell them they'll get the evidence in discovery.  No need to interview grand jurors.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sidney Powell team hits 'troubling practices' of Fani Willis in filing to dismiss racketeering case

Former Trump attorney Sidney Powell bashed the "troubling practices" of Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis in a filing Wednesday asking for her Georgia election racketeering case to be dismissed.

Powell was accused of conspiring to commit election fraud in Coffee County after the 2020 election. However, she claims that a forensic scan of the voting machines she is accused of plotting to breach was authorized by local authorities so the case should be dismissed.

"As the State well knows, Coffee County officials authorized SullivanStricklerLLC to image the voting systems in the county on January 7, 2021. Both the Election Supervisor for the county and the Board authorized the review. In fact, the Election Supervisor sent an 'invitation' to another lawyer (who was not working with Ms. Powell) to have the forensic imaging done," the brief continued. "This means that no data was stolen, there was no fraud, and nothing was done without authorization."

Lawyers claimed in the filing, "The essential elements of the charged statutes show the state’s case depends on the forensic collection being done without authorization."

It also claimed that Powell did not agree with any attempts to access the machines in Coffee County.

"Ms. Powell’s counsel also believes there are text messages and other documents, including grand jury testimony by Paul Maggio of SullivanStricklerLLC, that not only show authority was given but also demonstrate that Ms. Powell did not agree with anyone to access the Coffee County machines," the filing read.

"She was simply not involved in arranging that transaction," it added.

The filing also denounced the district attorney's "troubling practice" of not filing written responses and requested that the court compel her to.

I've never heard of questioning grand jurors at any point by defendants. Defendants get everything the prosecution has in discovery and that's when defendants can try to exclude evidence before trial begins. 

These lawyers amaze with disrespect for proper trial procedure by going around it. I hope these judges get firm and smack the defendants and their lawyers down figuratively. Especially Ms. Kraken.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Georgia Judge Orders 2 Trials for Defendants in Trump Election Case

A judge on Thursday granted former President Donald J. Trump and 16 others a separate trial from two of their co-defendants who will go to trial next month in the Georgia election interference case.

The judge, Scott McAfee of Fulton County Superior Court, has laid out an expedited trial schedule for Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, two lawyers who helped Mr. Trump try to stay in power after losing the 2020 election. The two had invoked their right under Georgia law to seek a speedy trial, in part to avoid the high cost of a more protracted legal fight.

Their trial is set to begin with jury selection on Oct. 23. Judge McAfee, in a seven-page order on Thursday, said that he hoped to have a jury seated by Nov. 3 to comply with the speedy trial law.

A trial date for Mr. Trump and the other 16 co-defendants has not been set. In his order, Judge McAfee described what was to come as a “mega-trial.” But he also raised the possibility that those 17 might not all be tried together in the end, if some make successful arguments to break off their cases.

“Additional divisions of these 17 defendants may well be required,” the judge wrote. “That is a decision for another day once the many anticipated pretrial motions have been resolved and a realistic trial date approaches.”

Special Counsel Seeking Limited Gag Order on Trump in Election Case

Federal prosecutors have asked the judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s indictment on charges of conspiring to overturn the 2020 election to impose “a narrowly tailored” gag order on him, citing his “near-daily” social media attacks on numerous people involved in the case, according to court papers released on Friday.

The request to Judge Tanya S. Chutkan, who has herself been the subject of some of Mr. Trump’s verbal assaults, brought to a head the simmering issue of the former president’s online statements. In a 19-page motion, prosecutors complained that some of the people Mr. Trump has gone after on social media — including the special counsel, Jack Smith, who has filed two indictments against the former president — experienced subsequent threats from other people.

“Since the indictment in this case, the defendant has spread disparaging and inflammatory public posts on Truth Social on a near-daily basis regarding the citizens of the District of Columbia, the court, prosecutors and prospective witnesses,” prosecutors wrote.

“Like his previous public disinformation campaign regarding the 2020 presidential election,” they wrote, “the defendant’s recent extrajudicial statements are intended to undermine public confidence in an institution — the judicial system — and to undermine confidence in and intimidate individuals — the court, the jury pool, witnesses and prosecutors.”

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, China said:

Didn't take him long to respond.  I don't think continuing to call Jack Smith deranged will help his case in this regard...

HjNLO9Mww=

I found it particularly comical that he states they "leak, lie, and sue". This statement would be that idiot's autobiography title.

How anyone can belive this narcissistic **** is beyond me. But for this orange piece of **** to accuse others of lies is the embodiment of hypocrisy. 

HTTR!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I found it particularly comical that he states they "leak, lie, and sue". This statement would be that idiot's autobiography title.

How anyone can believe this narcissistic **** is beyond me. But for this orange piece of **** to accuse others of lies is the embodiment of hypocrisy. 

HTTR!

Need we bring back the "every accusation is an admission" refrain?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 9:16 AM, EmirOfShmo said:

If I were Biden, I'd tell the Marmalade Moron "If you can point out what section of the Presidential Records Act states that former presidents are allowed to take any and all presidential records with them when they leave office, I'll drop out of the race."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If I were Biden, I'd tell the Marmalade Moron "If you can point out what section of the Presidential Records Act states that former presidents are allowed to take any and all presidential records with them when they leave office, I'll drop out of the race."

• Like 3

:ols:

Clark argues Trump changed his job responsibilities to include 2020 election

Former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark in new court filings sought to justify becoming involved with Georgia’s 2020 presidential election by arguing former President Trump had an “unqualified and illimitable right” to change his job responsibilities.

Clark, who is charged in Georgia alongside Trump and 17 others over their efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, heads to court on Monday to convince a judge to move his state prosecution to federal court, which would enable him to attempt to assert immunity.

To move courts, Clark must show that the allegations against him were within the scope of his duties as a federal official, among other things.

Clark is charged with two counts over his desire to send a letter to Georgia authorities asking them to hold off on certifying their election results while the department investigated. He is accused of being part of a months-long conspiracy to unlawfully keep Trump in power. Clark pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors have rejected the notion that the letter could have fallen within Clark’s job responsibilities. Clark at the time oversaw the Justice Department’s environmental division and, in an acting capacity, the civil division.

“The President has the unqualified and illimitable right to seek and obtain such advice from his senior legal advisors,” Clark’s attorneys pushed back in the new court filings.

They noted a meeting Clark had with Trump and other senior administration lawyers on Jan. 3, 2021, at which Trump initially desired sending the letter and appointing Clark as attorney general. He ultimately did not do so, however.

“This act by the President conclusively ratified that Mr. Clark’s responsibilities included the election-related issues discussed in the draft letter, and that all of his charged conduct was under color of law,” Clark’s attorneys said of the meeting.

So his argument is that it was OK, because Trump said he could violate the Hatch Act?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, China said:

So his argument is that it was OK, because Trump said he could violate the Hatch Act?

Reminds me of what one of the YouTube political commentators (who is also a lawyer) said recently: if you decide to rob a bank, and the bank president tells you "It's ok, go ahead and rob it," that doesn't mean you're in the clear and you robbing the bank is now legally OK lol...

Seems like all Clark did was verify that Trump was indeed the ringleader of this band of RICO warriors.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another admission of guilt:

Trump says it was ‘my decision’ to try to overturn 2020 election results

Former President Donald Trump said that he received counsel from numerous people shortly after the 2020 election but that it was his decision to push the false claim he won the presidency and try to overturn the results.

“It was my decision, but I listened to some people,” Trump told NBC’s “Meet the Press” in an interview that aired Sunday.

Trump has been indicted over his efforts to subvert the 2020 election results. He has pleaded not guilty in all cases and denied any wrongdoing.

A central premise of special counsel Jack Smith’s case, according to his indictment of the former president, is that Trump knew the election claims he was making were false after being told by close aides that he had lost but disseminated them anyway to make them appear legitimate – all in service of an alleged criminal conspiracy.

“I was listening to different people, and when I added it all up, the election was rigged,” Trump told Kristen Welker in the interview, again pushing the false claim as he seeks the 2024 Republican nomination for president.

“You know who I listen to? Myself. I saw what happened,” Trump said.

The former president said he didn’t listen to his attorneys who told him he lost the election because he didn’t respect them.

“You hire them, you’ve never met these people, you get a recommendation, they turn out to be RINOs (Republicans in name only), or they turn out to be not so good. In many cases, I didn’t respect them,” Trump said. “But I did respect others. I respected many others that said the election was rigged.”

I bet his lawyers wish he would just shut the **** up.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That's the best interview yet. He doesn't get that it doesn't matter what he "thinks" , his thoughts aren't facts.

When I heard the preview/opening, I knew I would only vomit if I heard his voice.  Therefore, I depended on folks like @China(thanks)...I honestly cannot stand to see him or hear him. 

• Like 5