Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

isn't that usually the case when under indictment and out on bond?

Depends on the bond order.  In Georgia, his bond order makes no mention of travel restrictions.  Neither does his DC bond order.  Travel restrictions are usually imposed if the defendant is considered a flight risk. With an active Secret Service detail with him 24/7, there's no way he could flee without being caught (and even if the SS agents are loyal to Trump, I don't think they'd forsake their constitutional oath and go to jail for him to help him escape).

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, China said:

Depends on the bond order.  In Georgia, his bond order makes no mention of travel restrictions.  Neither does his DC bond order.  Travel restrictions are usually imposed if the defendant is considered a flight risk. With an active Secret Service detail with him 24/7, there's no way he could flee without being caught (and even if the SS agents are loyal to Trump, I don't think they'd forsake their constitutional oath and go to jail for him to help him escape).

If they're single and loyal to TFG, I can see it. TFG has enough to pay them plenty. He's going somewhere there's no extradition.

First, I imagine judge Chutkan will either grant the DoJ date of 1/2/24, or something close to it. I’d bet no later than March. She has said that inflammatory rhetoric from Donald would encourage her to speed up the proceedings. 2/

I do not believe trump will be remanded for his posts or even gagged. I imagine she will address them and perhaps clarify the rules or reiterate her inclination to push the trial date up if it continues. But I doubt she’ll hold him in contempt today or issue a gag order. 3/

I’m also curious to see if the Judge is offended at trump’s attempt to mislead the court by arguing the average length of a 371 charge prosecution being 29.4 months. DoJ pointed out the omissions and errors in their response and I’m sure that will come up. 4/

I also suspect the Judge will address trump’s goofy arguments about the scope of discovery and their assertions that if you stack it end to end (no one stacks paper that way) it would be taller than the Washington monument. Just a bunch of hooey. 5/

The truth is trump already has about 65% of discovery, and Alina Habba argued last night on Fox that Donald is so smart that he’s already prepared for trial. I’ll be there live and will let you know what I know when I know it! 6/

• Thanks 6

Yeah, I agree that Chutkan will set an earlier trial date.  I'm guessing February.  I also agree that she won't impose a gag order or anything else, but will remind him to watch himself and his posts (remember, they already arrested somebody that wanted to come after Chuitkan).  Hopefully her admonitions will include a warning that if he does it again he will be subject to a show cause hearing.  I have litte faith that anyone in our justice system has the stomach to jail him, despite having earned it with his social media threats.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Habba goes on TV talking about a different case, says Trump is so good he doesn't need time to prep. Now we get to see.

Either she's Mrs. Trump #4 coming soon, or he will fire her.

She's already fired from the DC J6 case. She's talking out of turn, so to speak. Ha!

I guess Fani Willis won't get her requested March 4th date then.  Maybe she can go in February.

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

I look forward to future debates where our break into and back from commercial will be the live shot of whatever courthouse trump has to be in the following day, to explain why he couldn’t make the debate 

As if he would've attended any of the debates anyway.  He's so far ahead of the other candidates, he doesn't need to.

1 minute ago, China said:

As if he would've attended any of the debates anyway.  He's so far ahead of the other candidates, he doesn't need to.

I know I was just making a joke :(

they did that last debate. I thought it was hilarious. 🤷‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I thought Christie did?...

Here's the video.  Watch Christie wave his hand at the end showing he'd support Trump even if convicted:

Looks like Asa didn't though.

3 minutes ago, China said:

Here's the video.  Watch Christie wave his hand at the end showing he'd support Trump even if convicted:

Looks like Asa didn't though.

He claimed he wasn't raising his hand, though, and his words afterwards seemed to back that up. But to your point, the moderator thought he was doing so. Without his follow-up, I probably would have thought his "late" half-raise of his hand meant he would as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

27 minutes ago, China said:

I never understood this. 

it seems clear to me he was doing a “shooing away” motion, and he did it well after people raised their hands, in a “get out of here with that nonsense” type way

and then he clarified a bit when asked

and yet people still think he raised his hand to support trump? 

🤷‍♂️ 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, tshile said:

I never understood this. 

it seems clear to me he was doing a “shooing away” motion, and he did it well after people raised their hands, in a “get out of here with that nonsense” type way

🤷‍♂️

Why lift your hand at all?  Seems like a typical politician move of doing one thing and saying another.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, China said:

Why lift your hand at all?  Seems like a typical politician move of doing one thing and saying another.

Because he as making a pretty standard “get out of here with this nonsense motion, and waited a bit to do it, and then proceeded to say trumps behavior and actions were beneath the office of the presidency?

idk man seemed pretty clear to me 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

I never understood this. 

🤷‍♂️

Well after they raised their hands?  Stop the video at 39 seconds.  His hand is up while everybody else's is up.

image.thumb.png.fe475e0e90f75ae82e775851e7082b66.png

Edited by China
  • Like 1