Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

David and Wagner will wanna go play for legit contenders.

Yes, I think both those LB'ers will want to play for teams that are set up to win NOW.  Since we're rolling with an unproven 5th Round QB next year, we're not in a win now situation.  The only way either LB would consider WSH, is if we offered more than those other contending teams (maybe a LOT more).  All things considered, no big name player will want to come here until we establish ourselves as contenders moving forward.  Lord knows that our facilities and stadium put us at a severe disadvantage as it is.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe but we don't know what they want.  I read that the Chargers and Drue couldn't settle with each other because of contract demands.

Wow. Sounds like he's gonna have to come back down to reality.  He has suffered some injuries even though he's young the past couple of years. 

10 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Yes, I think both those LB'ers will want to play for teams that are set up to win NOW.  Since we're rolling with an unproven 5th Round QB next year, we're not in a win now situation.  The only way either LB would consider WSH, is if we offered more than those other contending teams (maybe a LOT more).  All things considered, no big name player will want to come here until we establish ourselves as contenders moving forward.  Lord knows that our facilities and stadium put us at a severe disadvantage as it is.

Who knows what their motivations are? Both guys have won Super Bowls. I’m sure both guys want to win but money talks

• Thanks 1

The FO need to be on the front foot here. The world shouldn’t stop turning over Holcomb for example. Fine, there’s a gap. Go out and get another G like Risner, is he still available. Use a day 2 pick on a LB.  Don’t throw 20mil at a LB. Not sure I want a 30+ year old either. 

In fact, go all in and get Orlando Brown for LT, Risner for LG, trade a pick for Ekeler. :)

Then draft CB, TE, LB. 

Anyway, more realistically get those extra couple of pieces now. Makes the draft a whole lot easier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

The FO need to be on the front foot here. The world shouldn’t stop turning over Holcomb for example. Fine, there’s a gap. Go out and get another G like Risner, is he still available. Use a day 2 pick on a LB.  Don’t throw 20mil at a LB. Not sure I want a 30+ year old either. 

In fact, go all in and get Orlando Brown for LT, Risner for LG, trade a pick for Ekeler. :)

Then draft CB, TE, LB. 

Anyway, more realistically get those extra couple of pieces now. Makes the draft a whole lot easier.

I love your thinking and share the same sentiment about Brown, Specially Risner and Ekeler....a totally revamped OL and arguably 1 of the best in the NFL....just wondering if getting Ekeler would cost more then a draft pick...ie Antonio Gibson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbob said:

Darius Slay getting cut by the Eagles.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Just now, Command The 414 said:

I love your thinking and share the same sentiment about Brown, Specially Risner and Ekeler....a totally revamped OL and arguably 1 of the best in the NFL....just wondering if getting Ekeler would cost more then a draft pick...ie Antonio Gibson

If it costs AG, no biggie.  Ekeler will fill that void in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robbob said:

Darius Slay getting cut by the Eagles.

Meh, I don't think he fits.  He's an aging corner.  The last thing we need is an expensive corner who is losing his wheels.  We already have one of those in Fuller.