Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible 8th team added for playoffs?

lavar1156

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ugh, come on.  I mean, I get it, I realize that anything can happen in the playoffs and that any given Sunday, a team can beat another team.  But after being eliminated, I don't want some backasswards way into the playoffs just to say we got in the playoffs.  If we did, it would be based on a technicality and that's just dumb.  

That said, the situation the league finds itself in is due to some very terrible and unprecedented circumstances so if they have to open up the playoffs to add an additional team just this once, I get it.  I really do.  And if it somehow happens to be us on the NFC side just to balance everything out, that's fine, too.  But I can't be happy about possibly having another shot at the playoffs due to what Hamlin suffered the other night.  If everything were right in the world, Hamlin doesn't suffer that tragedy and we're not considered for an 8th seed.

Overall dude, I like you and I know we've had some good back and forth on here over the years.  But I gotta say, you're a strange dude.  One minute, super sensitive, talking about vegetarianism, saving dogs, being kind towards everyone and then the next minute you post something like this.

This was a tragedy that, literally, no one in the NFL had seen before.  No one had seen a player on the field having to receive CPR in order to save his life.  I'm not sure how you'd expect any of the players on the field to continue playing after having witnessed that.  

What do expect from half an Eagles fan. Remember he roots for both us and the Eagles.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Come on guys @Koolblue13 isn't a friggin' psychopath, the preferred term is sociopath.😜

No, seriously, I think KB was just being brutally honest about his preference in a way that many of us would never do; simply because we lack the integrity to admit, either to ourselves or the general public, what we truly believe-- when doing so risks becoming a pariah.

I can respect any man fearless enough to stand alone on their own internal principles and knowingly swim against a fierce tide even when/if I disagree with their actual stance.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Commanders fan from Philly.

Remember. I wish I could be more of a fan of another team, yet here I am.

Yet you root for the Eagles also. You can be a Redskins/ Commanders fan from Philly, New York, Dallas doesn’t mean you should root for both teams. I’d add St Louis/ Phoenix also since they use to be in the division.

If they want to add an 8th team; just do it for afc.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t think so. But I’m guessing this is all very VERY moot, as I don’t think the NFL even ends up going that route. Plus, we were already eliminated even if the NFL somehow does make that decision. 

we were eliminated based on their being seven spots

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Captain James said:

Maybe he means the game should have been finished another day...some jumping to conclusions up in here.

Yeah, the game should have been continued the next day once it was clear Hamlin would survive.

Adding an 8th playoff spot is crazy.  I like the idea of adding a 19th week and removing the week between the conference championships and the super bowl.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Yeah, the game should have been continued the next day once it was clear Hamlin would survive.

Adding an 8th playoff spot is crazy.  I like the idea of adding a 19th week and removing the week between the conference championships and the super bowl.

critical condition generally means it's NOT clear someone will survive

• Thumb up 1

@BatteredFanSyndrome

Sweet Jeebus man!

I don't know what Voodoo Witch Queen you "One-Night-Standed" to even begin to make your nightmare scenario of a Playoff-or-bust scenario where we get blown the f-out by Dallas even remotely possible at this point but she is out there working some of the dankest dark-magic this world has ever seen get back at you.

Find her and start offering some ritual sacrifices. Her powers are real.

17 Awkward Moments We Desperately Try To Avoid While Shopping | Muppets,  The muppet show, Awkward moments

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am letting you know that what you just said was textbook psychopathic.

Please explain this. But please do so in the Tailgate. I am afraid this part of the conversation may turn political or be not enough about football. So I will create a tgread for the discussion unless therei s already one there. But I would be very interested in hyearing jsut why thier comment is "textbook psychopathic". 

I will edit to add the thread when created. 

Here is the new thread in the Tailgate. 

Edited by goskins10