Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible 8th team added for playoffs?

lavar1156

• lavar1156 changed the title to Possible 8th team added for playoffs?
28 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Possibly only for the AFC. I say do the NFC too.

I saw a PFT tweet that that says NFC would have an 8th seed as well. I’d be happy with that scenario 😛 

wait……but we were already eliminated so loser of the lions/packers game would be the 8 seed instead of us I believe, so it wouldn’t affect us in any way. Well, I was having fun coming up with a scenario for a few minutes anyway :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Just now, HogsVa7 said:

So if we beat Dallas and Packers beat the lions and tge Seahawks lose we can get the 8th seed?

I don’t think so. But I’m guessing this is all very VERY moot, as I don’t think the NFL even ends up going that route. Plus, we were already eliminated even if the NFL somehow does make that decision. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t think so. But I’m guessing this is all very VERY moot, as I don’t think the NFL even ends up going that route. Plus, we were already eliminated even if the NFL somehow does make that decision. 

I just remembered we beat the packers earlier if they lost and Seahawks lost wouldn't we have the tie breaker over them or that might not matter since we have a tie but same amount of wins but less losses then the packers. It's a long shot but the NFL might do it. More ratings and more money.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What?

Just now, HogsVa7 said:

I just remembered we beat the packers earlier if they lost and Seahawks lost wouldn't we have the tie breaker over them or that might not matter since we have a tie but same amount of wins but less losses then the packers. It's a long shot but the NFL might do it. More ratings and more money.

I feel like the 8 seed would go to a team that’s currently on the outside looking in, not to a team that was eliminated last weekend. But maybe I’m wrong. 

Ugh, come on.  I mean, I get it, I realize that anything can happen in the playoffs and that any given Sunday, a team can beat another team.  But after being eliminated, I don't want some backasswards way into the playoffs just to say we got in the playoffs.  If we did, it would be based on a technicality and that's just dumb.  

That said, the situation the league finds itself in is due to some very terrible and unprecedented circumstances so if they have to open up the playoffs to add an additional team just this once, I get it.  I really do.  And if it somehow happens to be us on the NFC side just to balance everything out, that's fine, too.  But I can't be happy about possibly having another shot at the playoffs due to what Hamlin suffered the other night.  If everything were right in the world, Hamlin doesn't suffer that tragedy and we're not considered for an 8th seed.

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Shoulda just played the rest of the game.

Overall dude, I like you and I know we've had some good back and forth on here over the years.  But I gotta say, you're a strange dude.  One minute, super sensitive, talking about vegetarianism, saving dogs, being kind towards everyone and then the next minute you post something like this.

This was a tragedy that, literally, no one in the NFL had seen before.  No one had seen a player on the field having to receive CPR in order to save his life.  I'm not sure how you'd expect any of the players on the field to continue playing after having witnessed that.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, willyt said:

Seriously?  What a ****ed up thing to post  

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Are you ****ing kidding me right now

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Overall dude, I like you and I know we've had some good back and forth on here over the years.  But I gotta say, you're a strange dude.  One minute, super sensitive, talking about vegetarianism, saving dogs, being kind towards everyone and then the next minute you post something like this.

This was a tragedy that, literally, no one in the NFL had seen before.  No one had seen a player on the field having to receive CPR in order to save his life.  I'm not sure how you'd expect any of the players on the field to continue playing after having witnessed that.  

Maybe he means the game should have been finished another day...some jumping to conclusions up in here.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ugh, come on.  I mean, I get it, I realize that anything can happen in the playoffs and that any given Sunday, a team can beat another team.  But after being eliminated, I don't want some backasswards way into the playoffs just to say we got in the playoffs.  If we did, it would be based on a technicality and that's just dumb.  

That said, the situation the league finds itself in is due to some very terrible and unprecedented circumstances so if they have to open up the playoffs to add an additional team just this once, I get it.  I really do.  And if it somehow happens to be us on the NFC side just to balance everything out, that's fine, too.  But I can't be happy about possibly having another shot at the playoffs due to what Hamlin suffered the other night.  If everything were right in the world, Hamlin doesn't suffer that tragedy and we're not considered for an 8th seed.

I don't know either. I guess I'm able to disassociate it. It's a violent game and I guess I have kind of an all or nothing attitude towards our gladiators. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Maybe he means the game should have been finished another day...some jumping to conclusions up in here.

As I said, I like KB and he's also no dummy.  He's not minced words on here for years.  If he meant to finish it on another day, I'm confident he would have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Won against who?  They're not beating Dal@ss on Sunday

He’s asking about if we win on Sunday against Dallas (regardless of your prediction on the outcome), then what would happen (if the nfl goes with the 8 seed playoff option). 

thats what he was asking 

• Like 1