Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

24 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. Nothing against McLaurin, who's a great player and all, but I'm not taking his word for an in depth conversation taking place in the moments before a snap. And just LOL on the idea that the ref has to spend all his time coaching him on where the F to stand. 

Folks can be mad all they want, for all we know Terry did ask and ref thought he was then realized he wasn't. What's he going to do, give him a hint to move to the right place?  

It's the WRs job to know where to lineup, folks thinking the refs lied to him just to throw a flag do you honestly believe that?

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

He's been good to go for probably weeks at this point.  Why is he waiting so long to come back.  I guess he just wants the cash and doesn't want to have to play for it.  Seems that way, anyway.

It’s not up to him when he can come back, it’s up to the team’s doctors, trainers, and coaches. They obviously haven’t seen what they want to see. And they have no ulterior motive for wanting him to sit out, so…

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

That's just what I've heard.  Why would the coaching staff activate him back in early November knowing that the fans and the media would be expecting his return within that window?  At this point, just put him on IR so it's no longer a weekly talking point on the radio.

I have no idea and neither do you.

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

That's just what I've heard.  Why would the coaching staff activate him back in early November knowing that the fans and the media would be expecting his return within that window?  At this point, just put him on IR so it's no longer a weekly talking point on the radio.

Heard from where? There’s been plenty of well-sourced reports that explain what’s going on. The training staff doesn’t think he’s ready, and what he had was more than just a “simple” ACL tear. The staff activated him so they could actually see him on the field (yes, even on the side field), because they can’t when he’s stuck on IR. That’s the only way they could measure his continued progress. 

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Yeah but when it's still moving and jerking around on the wall, the line of sight changes.

What the hell did you hang on the wall that was still moving and jerking around at the time?

nyc-man-stuck-in-wall.jpeg.a84502961c3c30c8b5f366390ee74653.jpeg

...man...the penalty for rule violations around here is gettin' pretty steep...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

They didnt play well but refs did cost us this game, yeah they turned it over but that doesnt mean the refs dick us over and over. Did everything in their power to not let us score in that final drive, unbelievable. 

Disgusting officiating, they should be ashamed of themselves.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Heard from where? There’s been plenty of well-sourced reports that explain what’s going on. The training staff doesn’t think he’s ready, and what he had was more than just a “simple” ACL tear. The staff activated him so they could actually see him on the field (yes, even on the side field), because they can’t when he’s stuck on IR. That’s the only way they could measure his continued progress. 

From what is being said, the issue is him feeling comfortable. They’d play him if he felt he was ready 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks can be mad all they want, for all we know Terry did ask and ref thought he was then realized he wasn't. What's he going to do, give him a hint to move to the right place?  

It's the WRs job to know where to lineup, folks thinking the refs lied to him just to throw a flag do you honestly believe that?

actually after the holding call  that led to a Giants score (that literally happens on every single outside rush in the history of the NFL) , then the 2-point conversion penalty, the 3 prior blatantly missed PIs, and the final PI that was missed, yes I do believe that.  

• Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Weird take, he asked the ref twice. Ref just sucks.

55 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I was shocked by the non-reaction by the team on that blatant pass interference non-call. It's f'n 4th down with the game on the line. You have to get up and plead your case when you have a legitimate right and make the refs own their screw up and AT LEAST try to pressure them into making that call.

I think the shock from the TD getting called back took the fight out of them

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

From what is being said, the issue is him feeling comfortable. They’d play him if he felt he was ready 

Keim reported literally today that the coaches didn’t think he looked like himself yet, but they’ve seen more flashes of it in recent weeks which is why they think he’s close. I don’t think it’s that complicated or anything dramatic. 

Just now, Conn said:

He’s been medically cleared to play. Ron Rivera has said it’s up to Chase now to decide to play. 

I’ve been a doubter of Chase for a long time  - dating before the injury. I don’t think the production ever matched the hype. So I’m in a position where I don’t expect much from him - whenever it is that he decides he’s ready to play.  

He’s had a major injury. And all situations are different. But there have been plenty of guys who’ve gotten back on the field in a shorter time-frame than what we’re seeing with Chase.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Keim reported literally today that the coaches didn’t think he looked like himself yet, but they’ve seen more flashes of it in recent weeks which is why they think he’s close. I don’t think it’s that complicated or anything dramatic. 

And they feel that way bc he’s hesitating bc he can’t simulate a game in practice. That’s what Keim said on his pod. 

So he needs to play. 

Honestly I think the coaches are cool with him sitting bc he freelances so much. They’ve essentially said as much a few times 

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Complain on refs being wrong all game and trust them to tell you on the line when he should be able to see he's not?

Lamer.

Bro, you are going to bat for this ****ty officiating crew. Why?! Are you related to them? I can’t figure it out. 

yeah, we could have been better. But we aren’t better. The giants weren’t great either. The only difference between this game and the last game is that the refs made several horrible key calls against us. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How do we know there wasn’t a miscommunication with the ref, and whatever he said was him wanting Terry to move up even more—Terry thought he got the ok, then when he didn’t move up again and turned his head to wait for the ball to be snapped, the ref got annoyed he was ignored and immediately knew he was going to pull the flag and enforce it. That seems as plausible as anything else. Still sucks though. 

• Like 2