Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

That ****ing fumble 6… we didn’t necessarily deserve to win this one but boy the ball bounced and was flagged the other way and we still had a good shot at winning.

I live in NY, just got back from the bar, giants fans are counting their ****ing blessings. Confirmation for any fans here who think they’re looking at it thru homer glasses.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are on an island with this one.  Even if Terry hadn’t checked with him, there is zero gained by Terry being off the line and that call never gets made particularly in that spot.

If I could do the math on it, I'd be honestly surprised if I haven't seen hat called 1000 times in my life. And I'm not sure you could ever find a distinct advantage from it. It's a rule, break it and it's a penalty. 

LOL at where this fanbase is at this point. Whining that the team committed a penalty and got called for it and that a ref didn't spend all his pre-snap time directing an NFL player on where the damned line of scrimmage is. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

It's like that with everything in our overdramatic, hypersensitive society we're living in. If you say anything even remotely critical about anyone or anything, you get called a hater by those who support the thing you're critical of. I like Heinie as a guy, but he isn't a starting caliber NFL QB. 

You just need to stop hating everything I say and making crazy **** up about the things I do because you think I'm just lucky to have made it to the top and it's not on luck like you and your followers try to say and if you just can't learn to like something good when I post it then I don't know what to tell you except when you come to me looking for some last minute saving of a thread that's going down the drain than just go ahead and you do you while the rest of us celebrate awesome opinionating when we see it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL at where this fanbase is at this point. Whinging that the team committed a penalty and got called for it and that a ref didn't spend all his pre-snap time directing an NFL player on where the damned line of scrimmage is.

yeah the two fumbles are why we lost. 

this is just typical blaming ref nonsense. Every fan base has its own percentage of them. The dpi at the end was bad. I don’t quite understand what happened with the illegal motion because people seem to think he checked with the ref so it shouldn’t have happened. 

but neither happens or matters at all if they don’t fumble six and fumble again on the second to last drive. 

The refs weren't the sole or primary reason we lost, but they made things UNFAIRLY difficult. That's the issue at hand. 

There should be no question on the playing field being level and even for both sides. That simply was not the case tonight. 

Again, the refs DID NOT cost us the game. They just made matters more difficult and unfair for us.

But ultimately we also made plenty of our own mistakes and didn't make any plays on defense.

• Like 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

Norwell will get suspended for the year for poking Thibideaux in the eye on that last play.  If Samuels comes down with that catch, they would have thrown a flag.

He should have done it in the 1st quarter to get the guy out of the game, or at least slow him down. He destroyed us. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If I could do the math on it, I'd be honestly surprised if I haven't seen hat called 1000 times in my life. And I'm not sure you could ever find a distinct advantage from it. It's a rule, break it and it's a penalty. 

LOL at where this fanbase is at this point. Whinging that the team committed a penalty and got called for it and that a ref didn't spend all his pre-snap time directing an NFL player on where the damned line of scrimmage is. 

Have you seen defensive pass interference called 1000 times in your life?

image.jpeg.f826598fae947b2be35c18a1194af925.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

It's like that with everything in our overdramatic, hypersensitive society we're living in. If you say anything even remotely critical about anyone or anything, you get called a hater by those who support the thing you're critical of. I like Heinie as a guy, but he isn't a starting caliber NFL QB. 

Heinicke is awesome when it comes to heart and leadership. But he’s trash when it comes to talent. Keep him as a backup but that’s it.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If you have ever hung something on a wall you would know something called line of sight. The REF standing on the sideline looking at the line has the BETTER line of sight and not Terry! So Terry trying to make sure he was on the line got the ref's blessing. The ref had no right to throw that flag when he told Terry he was good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The enduring image from this game for people is going to be Holmes putting his arms around Samuel in the endzone like he’s paying homage to Patrick Swayze in Ghost—-but the harsh reality is that the offense just can’t score points and the defense, while good, isn’t creating the sort of game-changing plays that could offset that. That’s a recipe for losing to good teams and bad teams, regardless of the rest of it. 

Just now, zCommander said:

If you have ever hung something on a wall you would know something called line of sight. The REF standing on the sideline looking at the line has the BETTER line of sight and not Terry! So Terry trying to make sure he was on the line got the ref's blessing. The ref had no right to throw that flag when he told Terry he was good to go. 

He intended to throw the flag the entire time - he's reaching for the flag from the moment Terry lined up near him.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree but the Giants defense is one of the bottom ranked units in the NFL. 

Our defense is one of the tops so I was hoping for better. Yes the defense played good. But it wasn’t one of their better performances as to making game changing plays and with everything on the line I expected more 

Agreed, their performance felt worse than the points they gave up, no doubt.

I just think we make them look a lot better than they actually are because our QB can’t see over the line and walks into trouble.  That and neither the QB or the OL appear to have any idea where the blitz pressure is coming from.

• Like 1