Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

McCain on the nickle blitz is a pleasant surprise.

McCain has been such a great part of this D. Lost his starting FS job to a 5th rd 2nd year guy and moved to CB3 without a peep and is killing it. Kinda the low key biggest team change outside of WJ111

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If you play 8-9 in the box, even a bad defense will stop the run.  They don't fear Heineke at all.  Same gameplan as last year.  Turner is scheming the WRs open and Taylor isn't getting it done.

Looks like it is opening the pass game a bit now. 

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

This is why I'd rather keep Payne than Sweat. I still have PTSD from watching Sweat and Young over-pursuing and taking themselves out of the play 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Our DTs are so good, we could lose Sweat and Young and still have a case for having a dominant dline.

Preaching to the choir. Not so much out on Young — yet…

But Sweat? Toohill isn’t that far off.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Imo more people need to acknowledge that while our highly criticized moves on the OL didn’t work, our highly criticized moves on the DL have worked splendidly. We don’t miss Settle and Ion at all and their replacements have been cheaper as well as markedly better and more impactful 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Isn’t a debate. It is what it is. If they figure it out… good. Gonna be a tough ask.

I think the much tougher ask is QB.  They have had good O lines the first 2 years and made good signings until this last off season. I am not worried about them fixing it at all although I agree they need to fix it.

The bane of this organization has been QB. QB and QB 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

th 2-9 for 29

But when we get another luck+Terry win there will be another heinie parade.

When you serve me a **** sandwich I don't get giddy just because the bread is fine 🙃

Lets just hope his first quarter is his only awful quarter

• Like 1

At some point we have to realize that heinicke was placed in this position his shortcomings are bad but it’s not like he asked for this, his number was called and he’s doing the best he can imo I have no doubt about it love to see his passion best qb since cousins

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This is why I'd rather keep Payne than Sweat. I still have PTSD from watching Sweat and Young over-pursuing and taking themselves out of the play 

Sweat is incredibly underrated.  That dude is top three in the league on QB pressures and hits.     

Just now, Conn said:

Imo more people need to acknowledge that while our highly criticized moves on the OL didn’t work, our highly criticized moves on the DL have worked splendidly. We don’t miss Settle and Ion at all and their replacements have been cheaper as well as markedly better and more impactful 

Said it earlier. Toohill and Wise are fantastic. Add Obada and JSW and we are totally set.

• Like 1