Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

USA totally outplayed England. Deserved to win the game.

I personally despise Southgate and think he is tactically clueless. Wrong team selection for England, poor substitutions. 

Iran will be a test for USA. England are pretty much though which may have been reflected in the completely negative approach tonight.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

USA totally outplayed England. Deserved to win the game.

I personally despise Southgate and think he is tactically clueless. Wrong team selection for England, poor substitutions. 

Iran will be a test for USA. England are pretty much though which may have been reflected in the completely negative approach tonight.

I agree. I hate that we went for the tie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Southgate has to be the worst Manager/Coach in pro sports.   All that talent on England wasted.   It's like having a great QB and WR's and running the ball all day long trying to win 17-14.

He’s a ****ing idiot. I’ve been saying that since we lost to Croatia due to his tactical deficiencies. Clueless. If we win anything it will be via a massive slice of luck thrown in.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Really inspiring 2nd half.  See what I said before the games re: attackers.  Iran will also be very defensive coming into our match.  We lack a quality finishing threat.  

Iran will throw everyone back to defend...

I don’t think they will. Very attacking team. They’ll go for it.

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:
2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He’s a ****ing idiot. I’ve been saying that since we lost to Croatia due to his tactical deficiencies. Clueless. If we win anything it will be via a massive slice of luck thrown in.

you need to get an easy draw like you had in 2018 and the last Euro's.   

36 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

you need to get an easy draw like you had in 2018 and the last Euro's.   

I’d rather play the best and beat them. I’m not that invested this time around, it’s not the same feel for a WC, plus I think Southgate is too conservative, but I’ll likely keep looking in. 

I felt we played a good game today. We had 7 corners, and if it wasn't for McGuire (wished he played like this with United) we would have converted one of them for a goal.  I wondering what formation we bring out for the Iran game?   Think this type of game where Reyna should start over Wright and Sargent! 

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

So we need to beat Iran, or else they will advance assuming that Wales ties or loses to England ?

Yes. We currently sit in 3rd with 2 points. England has 4 points in 1st place. Iran has 3 points in 2nd place. If we tie Iran that would only give us 3 points and Iran with 4 points. It’s win and advance. Any other result, we go home. 

7 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

So we need to beat Iran, or else they will advance assuming that Wales ties or loses to England ?

In addition to what was already said

if we tie Iran and wales beats England by enough points England and wales would go. 

3 hours ago, Maxito said:

I felt we played a good game today. We had 7 corners, and if it wasn't for McGuire (wished he played like this with United) we would have converted one of them for a goal.  

Don’t know if it was poor delivery but for most of the corners it wasn’t clear who it was intended for. 

It's not going to be 90 minutes of turtling.  Iran's best players are in midfield and attack.  Additionally, I suppose they can't bank on England beating Wales.  

But if they go into HT and it is England 3, Wales 0.... and 0 0... you bet they will turtle 

Overall, the USMNT is who I thought they were.  A really good midfield with holes on attacking and defense and little depth at the margins.

Someone above mentioned Antonee Robinson and how shaky he was on the ball... thats MLS.  Look at how Dest can carry the ball forward.  I think the broadcast network, similar to the Olympics tends to overhype our soccer team constantly.  We had good teams that advanced through previously.  International soccer is hard.  We will probably advance because we always end up Win, Draw, Tie...

59 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Someone above mentioned Antonee Robinson and how shaky he was on the ball... thats MLS. 

Uh, he has played the past three seasons for Fulham FC, two of those in the PL. He is their first team LB. He may not be the most technically gifted player, but he has buckets of pace, is solid in his service, and does a job defensively. Saved the USA’s bacon a couple times yesterday. Best LB the US has had for two decades, at least.

Don’t think he has ever played in MLS.

Edited by Long n Left

I have to admit half way through that game I was starting to think that maybe Saudi Arabia wasn’t a fluke and that Argentina had simply lost its mojo.  They looked lifeless.  Then Messi woke them up with one of those goal that makes the impossible look straightforward and easy.