Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10931343

Prepping for the next game.

Playing against the Netherlands in Qatar...there is a dutch oven joke in there somewhere but I'm an emotional wreck after that win and can't find my way to it.

I need to start drinking more during world cup.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

3rd world cup in a row we've made it out of the group stage. I remember when making it out of the group stage was a major accomplishment.

If we could find a true threat in the front we might be a little dangerous.

It still is for this team after not qualifying for 2018 but hopefully, hopefully, this will be the norm moving forward.  The lower level development grows all the time.  This squad could really solidify our international presence.

I wish today was easier but gritty wins count, too.

We can’t yet compete with France, Brazil, etc, but the Dutch are not their version from previous years.  It’s a lesser ask than England.  We will be the underdog for sure, but the boys will be GOING FOR IT for 90.

We can win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

3rd world cup in a row we've made it out of the group stage. I remember when making it out of the group stage was a major accomplishment.

If we could find a true threat in the front we might be a little dangerous.

Pulisic isn't a true threat in front?

I kinda agree though, I think we need at least one more world class player to be a threat to finish in the top 4.

I just wish the announcers wouldnt go along with the usa guy's flops.....trying to explain things that clearly didnt happen in slo-mo.

Pulisic looked like he took a hard knee to the nuts....and was grabbing for em in pain

Edited by dunfer

38 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I kinda agree though, I think we need at least one more world class player to be a threat to finish in the top 4.

We have one. His name is Gio Reyna, and Berhalter has seen fit to play him a total of 10 minutes in three games. 🤷‍♂️

On 11/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, Renegade7 said:

Pinning this since one of yall was talking mad reckless out the mouth early in the Wales game we might blow Wales out. 

Iran smoked them instead...jus play like a tie won't cut it and let the chips fall where they may.  Like what I see so far, we should be back.

Told you. Worried for nothing. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Pulisic is a fantastic offensive mid but he’s not a striker.  We need a true finisher at the top.  

All our best players are similar types and each are very good and reasons to be very, very excited about the future for the US.  None are great finishers.

I truly loved Dempsey, IMO the best player we’ve had (prior to this young crop) but we need the next level up from him to arrive before we are a true competitor with teams like France, Brazil, etc.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Told you. Worried for nothing. 

Brother if you weren’t worried the last 20, I don’t know what to tell you lol

Edited by 86 Snyder