Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Cup 2022 Thread (Ole.... oleololeole...ole... ole...)

Fergasun

Clear hand ball against Wales in the box, off a corner, doesn’t even go to VAR.

FIFA, and WC 2022, has been nothing short of a fiasco. Fans, and local federations, need to do something to take down FIFA. Does not matter who leads FIFA, they remain an utterly corrupt organization to their core.

Straight red for me that, regardless of what  the talking heads say. Wales getting a lot of breaks here. 

Well, VAR gets one right. Iran been the far better side this second half. They win, all US needs is a win vs Iran, and Wales to not beat England. 

Edited by Long n Left

I suppose USA fans would have wanted a draw.. but USA cannot ask for more.  The additional goal puts Wales down 2 in the goal differential.  I don't think Wales will beat England.  This will set up USA vs. Iran as potential USA win and goes to R16. Iran hold and they move on.   But it depends how we go vs. England.  

I don’t follow US soccer closely but can someone tell me if #5 Robinson, I think that’s his name, has always been garbage with the ball or if it’s just in the World Cup?  Everytime he touched it in game 1 he looked like he couldn’t dribble to save his life.  His passes were all off target as well.  10 minutes into this game he’s had three touches and all ended badly.  

First shutout of a European team since the 1950s...

Call it what you want, but I ain't mad, not when we have a known young team.

At some point they have to win, but having solid defense will go a long way to finally winning one of those bracket elimination games we always seem to get immediately kicked out of even when we make it.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We just need that one finisher. The guy who can put balls away. That's the one thing we've never had. Pulisic is great but you need that real #9 closer to compete at this level. 

Post game host just said this 😂 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We just need that one finisher. The guy who can put balls away. That's the one thing we've never had. Pulisic is great but you need that real #9 closer to compete at this level. 

Commentators saying literally this exact same thing right now.

Sucks when our best athletes get plucked by other sports.

That's why it's always amazing to me when we at least look respectable like we do right now.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gotta be happy with a draw against the Brits.

Beat Iran and we're in. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, I'd have it another way.  Not giving up a penalty kick and winning against Wales instead of tying.  But this game was well done.  They can't take Iran lightly.