Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Donny 45

88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This thread is hilarious, practically everyone here is gonna vote D no matter what. 

I'm gonna vote anti-facist, whatever form that takes on the final ballot.

Edit to add:  People usually don't like single issue voters but I guess I am one now.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Say what you will about Christie.  That attack line is spot on.  In fact, I thought what he said after the line was quoted is better.  

"Do you think Jared is a genius?"

Our problem is we don't have real options.  The corporate media has convinced folks we don't have real options.  That non-mainstream people cannot be elected.  

Yet we still have Marianne Williamson, Cornel West, RFK Jr. running truly non-serious vanity campaigns because .... ?   

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Weren’t they purchased like a year ago by a big time conservative person?

Warner Brothers Discovery bought it. But John Malone, who sits on the WBD board, largely runs it. His idea was to reshape CNN to a centrist just the facts news outlet. 

There is a problem with that. If it's raining outside, you don't report that some people says it's raining while others claim it's not. You report it's raining and move on.

Right now, CNN is giving time to the it's not raining morons. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm gonna vote anti-facist, whatever form that takes on the final ballot.

Edit to add:  People usually don't like single issue voters but I guess I am one now.

I mean, I guess that depends on if you consider "everything" to be a single issue?

Financially:

Trickle Down Economics? Don't work

Tax cuts for the rich, especially right before launching 2 major wars that span 2 decades each? Not great fiscal responsibility

Only caring about the debt ceiling when a Democrat is in the White House? Not exactly a consistent belief

Wanting to cut a financially solvent program like Social Security because you've raided the fund for decades to pay for other stuff (like the military)? Seems unfair to those who have paid into the system their whole lives.

Socially:

Attempting to govern the entire country based only on your religious beliefs and nobody elses'? Not very 1A compliant

Wanting to ban books you don't like from public spaces like libraries? Seems anti free speech

Refusing to take any measures to prevent mentally unstable people from obtaining guns? Doesn't sound very pro-life

Wanting to remove women's bodily autonomy? Not very don't-tread-on-me

And those are just a few of the biggies, barely touching on the fascism. So I guess if somebody wants to argue "You're single issue! You hate Republicans and everything they stand for!" then yeah, I guess that makes a lot of people single-issue voters now.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I mean, I guess that depends on if you consider "everything" to be a single issue?

Financially:

Trickle Down Economics? Don't work

Tax cuts for the rich, especially right before launching 2 major wars that span 2 decades each? Not great fiscal responsibility

Only caring about the debt ceiling when a Democrat is in the White House? Not exactly a consistent belief

Wanting to cut a financially solvent program like Social Security because you've raided the fund for decades to pay for other stuff (like the military)? Seems unfair to those who have paid into the system their whole lives.

Socially:

Attempting to govern the entire country based only on your religious beliefs and nobody elses'? Not very 1A compliant

Wanting to ban books you don't like from public spaces like libraries? Seems anti free speech

Refusing to take any measures to prevent mentally unstable people from obtaining guns? Doesn't sound very pro-life

Wanting to remove women's bodily autonomy? Not very don't-tread-on-me

And those are just a few of the biggies, barely touching on the fascism. So I guess if somebody wants to argue "You're single issue! You hate Republicans and everything they stand for!" then yeah, I guess that makes a lot of people single-issue voters now.

Everything you mentioned isn't even on my radar for 2024.  I'm voting legit anti-facist stuff.  Using the government to suppress free speech for starters.  Voter suppression as the kicker.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Everything you mentioned isn't even on my radar for 2024.  I'm voting legit anti-facist stuff.  Using the government to suppress free speech for starters.  Voter suppression as the kicker.

Attempting to overthrow an election 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Warner Brothers Discovery bought it. But John Malone, who sits on the WBD board, largely runs it. His idea was to reshape CNN to a centrist just the facts news outlet. 

There is a problem with that. If it's raining outside, you don't report that some people says it's raining while others claim it's not. You report it's raining and move on.

Right now, CNN is giving time to the it's not raining morons. 

There's still a major problem in Malone's ear and life is heavily influenced by majortiy holder---morgan is his name if I recall--- who is very much right wing but also very smart. Morgan, and Malone,  values what maga land delivers in energy and drive that leads to votes. They both detest the left side, though one likely more than the other. Neither are at all centrist.

They both know enough to not try to turn cnn hard right but know the gain their worldview (and bank accounts) gets from splitting up CNN's core audience and weakening it's standing.

So he picks comparatively "reasonable" adjustments to make like fronting arguments  Iike the level of anti trump, anti many gop figures content of the recent past was "just too overheated" for a network that should be "even handed" in calling out both major parties etc etc.

He also makes more "acceptable" major disruptions picking easy targets like lemon who has frequently been his own worst enemy and a credibility liability, like Cuomo too, for the serious journalistic face cnn worked  so hard for many years to aquire. I think it's likely Malone figured he might pull of a long term rewire serving those goals or even if  he'd get fired sooner rather than later could still make some big bucks and serve his allies quite effectively. 

Discovery brass has mutilated one of it's best products. It may be repairable but it will be a daunting task. Since Obama first ran my viewership of the the three big cable channels ebbed and flowed depending on the state of important events at the moment.

Up to the last election  I watched a reasonable amount of msnbc and cnn and a tiny bit of fox to be properly in informed of how that media was covering matters more than depending on them as a main source of information.

For the last six months or do I rarely watch any of them for any reason

• Like 2

Time to call it, the race for the GOP nomination is over:

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum Launches Long-Shot Bid For President

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, a former software company CEO, announced in a Wall Street Journal opinion column late Tuesday that he is launching his campaign for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

Burgum is set to kick off his campaign in Fargo, North Dakota, on Wednesday, The Associated Press reported.

“We need a change in the White House. We need a new leader for a changing economy,” Burgum wrote.

Burgum was rumored to be working with political consultants to prepare his entry into the race, which now has close to a dozen declared candidates, including two other wealthy, self-funding Republicans: biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and quality control expert Perry Johnson.

Burgum, a 66-year-old North Dakota native, became governor in 2016 after a successful career as a software executive, selling his company to Microsoft for $1.1 billion in 2001.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw, as someone who detests news channels (and news programs), I consider myself to be entirely lucky to be largely immune to them. I wish them all nothing but abject failure and total ruin. 

100%.  

Unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime, ever.

8 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

So I guess if somebody wants to argue "You're single issue! You hate Republicans and everything they stand for!" then yeah, I guess that makes a lot of people single-issue voters now.

I'm not single issue. I hate every thing Republicans stand for. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5