Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They would have to be morons to think hey lets ride this out at Fedex

The commanders have among the lowest if not lowest resale ticket prices in the NFL and the lowest average attendance and percentage of stadium filled. A new stadium if it’s like Vegas or Sofi or other new ones will carry a PSL price of 25 to 50k per seat for lower level. Plus $3500 to $6K per seat per season for 10 games.

I don’t think that kind of demand exists. It’s going to take multiple years of winning to get people to commit to those numbers in my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The commanders have among the lowest if not lowest resale ticket prices in the NFL and the lowest average attendance and percentage of stadium filled. A new stadium if it’s like Vegas or Sofi or other new ones will carry a PSL price of 25 to 50k per seat for lower level. Plus $3500 to $6K per seat per season for 10 games.

I don’t think that kind of demand exists. It’s going to take multiple years of winning to get people to commit to those numbers in my opinion. 

I don't think they have a choice.  Only in the middle idea I can think of is do what the Dolphins did years ago, explore a new stadium, then shift the idea to making major upgrades on the old one.   I've seen the old and new and to give them credit the upgrades made a difference.  But i doubt that works here. The fans will not look kindly on it.

Even though Dan didn't build the stadium, he is still associated to it in a big way.  

Keim coming off somewhat pessimistic about RFK, makes the National Harbor top destination spot for me.

It probably means nothing but I noticed the draft party this year instead of being at Fedex (which it usually is at but not always) will be at National Harbor.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I agree with you completely on the soft demand. But a new stadium will involve a whole associated development around that location - retail, entertainment and transport/infrastructure. 

The money on the deal will be made on the real estate not ticket sales. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I agree with you completely on the soft demand. But a new stadium will involve a whole associated development around that location - retail, entertainment and transport/infrastructure. 

The money on the deal will be made on the real estate not ticket sales. 

That's a big point made by Michael Phillips among others who have covered the stadium sale. The development around the stadium might be the key component to recouping your investment fast.

Seems like that's what Dan wanted to do poking around Virginia at the time, but alas for him, he was so unpopular that it made it hard for the Virginia legislature to sell the idea to the public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So I gather Bezos has zero to gain unless i am missing something (and it is certainly possible I am missing something) to just sit on bidding for this.

Hey I could see Bezos staying quiet and mum just to piss Dan because he barred him from bidding earlier.

Hell, I could even see him wait for Harris' bid to expire, then bid at 5.5B once everyone is infuriated about Dan not selling.

Does anybody else surf to the forum, notice that there are 15 or 20 people on this thread, get a sudden surge of adrenalin thinking, "This could finally be it! Maybe we're finally getting THE BIG NEWS", only to be disapointed, yet again, with more rehashing of the same stuff we've been reading and saying for months now?

image.png.34488d0a74de53001a81e0aa721a892b.png

"Woe is me", 2023. Presented with permission of the Ginsbergenheim Gallery of Imaginary Art , a self-portrait by the artist CITR.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Hey I could see Bezos staying quiet and mum just to piss Dan because he barred him from bidding earlier.

Hell, I could even see him wait for Harris' bid to expire, then bid at 5.5B once everyone is infuriated about Dan not selling.

Maybe.  But as @Voice_of_Reason said you don't really let bids expire -- especially if its the only bid.

No way to know.

But my guess is this is a complicated transaction. You are overpaying for a distressed asset. You got lingering lawsuits.  You got the stadium and all the red tape it would likely take to get that done.  And you have to reinvest in regaining the customers so to speak.  

It's clearly complicated and Bezos has the reputation of being prudent so my best guess is he's still doing research-due diligence.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Does anybody else surf to the forum, notice that there are 15 or 20 people on this thread, get a sudden surge of adrenalin thinking, "This could finally be it! Maybe we're finally getting THE BIG NEWS", only to be disapointed, yet again, with more rehashing of the same stuff we've been reading and saying for months now

it's just our dead souls lurking in here.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Does anybody else surf to the forum, notice that there are 15 or 20 people on this thread, get a sudden surge of adrenalin thinking, "This could finally be it! Maybe we're finally getting THE BIG NEWS", only to be disapointed, yet again, with more rehashing of the same stuff we've been reading and saying for months now?

image.png.34488d0a74de53001a81e0aa721a892b.png

"Woe is me", 2023. Presented with permission of the Ginsbergenheim Gallery of Imaginary Art , a self-portrait by the artist CITR.

I think a lot of people most likely have alerts. When the sale finally goes down, I think it'll be breaking news on ESPN and the NFL Network and everyone will know instantly. 

• Thumb up 1

Great news if true. Now we are down to just Harris. Just need one more partner who will kick in 200 mil for 3% of the team and snidely will have his 6 billion and hopefully go away forever. Of course, this is probably just more bull****, so not sure why I’m bothering to react.

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know what twhe **** you guys are doing still talking about this and I don't know what the **** the media members are doing still talking about this.

It's over.  Game, blouses.  

Bezos owns the team.  It's done.

@SoCalSkinsdid I do it right?

I say we are heading to the courts. Dan will refuse to sell right now since He's not getting his 6 billion. May 22, the owners vote him out. Dan then sues and this goes to the courts.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Damn. I’m at Costco and just decided to check to see if there was news. I guess I was epically wrong. 

I admire the dedication to check in while at Costco...knowing that this is on your mind while you're trying free samples and negotiating that big ****ing shopping cart around old people who are lost in the aisles is commitment.  

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I say we are heading to the courts. Dan will refuse to sell right now since He's not getting his 6 billion. May 22, the owners vote him out. Dan then sues and this goes to the courts.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6