Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gutman also seem to hint that he heard that the Harris bid is short of 6 billion but has some sort of escalators.    Sheehan says he heard also the bid isn't quite 6 billion.  But maybe set up in a way where Dan can crow its 6. 

First, and foremost- I greatly appreciate the investment of time that @Skinsinparadise puts into following the team.  I might not agree with 100.0% of his takes, but it’s well North of 97.0%.

Your summary of the Gutman interview is spot on  and you could tell that he was somewhat constrained due to the sensitivity and NDAs in place.  

On the valuation of $6.0B bid, I think Gutman put it best with the following analogy using Taylor Heinicke’s new contract as an example.  When first announced - it was $20M for 2 years and since then - it has boiled down $6.3M for 1 year.  Both are right.

After listening to this interview twice, and about to listen a third time - I am 100.0% behind the possibility of the Harris Group bid winning and excited about the potential from Mitch Rales’ involvement.  This will be more than a pure investment and “trophy” - there will be true passion AND business competency.  The best antidote to 24 years of Danny.

For those who want to listen - here’s the link to the Gutman interview on Sheehan’s show this morning.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kevin-sheehan-show/id1477400167?i=1000606593809

Edited by jjpomeroy
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The table may be set for him, but will he even bid.  Here's hoping he does, but we don't really know

So far this is playing out like was predicted when the process started where you let others set the price before letting Bezos swoop in with the winning offer. 

Like you said, remains to be seen if he'll do it or not. We shall see :)

• Like 1

If Harris/Rales buys the team with better knowledge of how to run a franchise, but cannot get a stadium in DC because it would take more financing than staying in Md or moving to VA.  But Bezos buys the team and can build a stadium in DC because he could front more money!!!   Which one would you choose???????  I'm completely at a loss because the more I read about Harris/Rales I like them, but don't know how the stadium factors in!!!

1 minute ago, dckey said:

If Harris/Rales buys the team with better knowledge of how to run a franchise, but cannot get a stadium in DC because it would take more financing than staying in Md or moving to VA.  But Bezos buys the team and can build a stadium in DC because he could front more money!!!   Which one would you choose???????  I'm completely at a loss because the more I read about Harris/Rales I like them, but don't know how the stadium factors in!!!

I go with Harris/Rales. Stadium has to be done anyway, and I'm betting, after listing to that interview, that DC would be more than happen to do what is needed to make it happen.

4 minutes ago, dckey said:

I'm team JB, he will put competent people in place to get the stadium done. Sorry, but that other group will struggle to big time to get anything done on that front. It's pretty obvious imo.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm team JB, he will put competent people in place to get the stadium done. Sorry, but that other group will struggle to big time to get anything done on that front. It's pretty obvious imo.

I am ok with Bezos, prefer Harris.  but how is it obvious that they can't get the stadium done?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The stadium is the least of our worries. If he doesn't know how to build a sports franchise, it won't matter. And I don't have a lot of faith that he does.

Edited by Morneblade
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, dckey said:

I'm in no position to know which has a better shot at DC, so I don't spend much time worrying about this.  Harris broke away from the Eagles/Phillies/Flyers stadium campus location to push for a more central downtown location.  Rales likely has some political clout in the area, just as Bezos would.  

Even if I did know they could/couldn't build in DC, I have no control over if they will.  So I'm just hopeful the bid winner is an adult and starts things in a better direction.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am ok with Bezos, prefer Harris.  but how is it obvious that they can't get the stadium done?

They're apparently struggling to get the pennies together to buy the team. I have little faith in them funding a stadium. 

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

They're apparently struggling to get the pennies together to buy the team. I have little faith in them funding a stadium. 

Part of the narrative about them is the whole idea to have Rales involved is in partly to help finance the stadium end of it, they are very aware they need to do both.  I get the strong impression they are accounting for both needs as they do this. 

Even if that wasn't being said, Rales-Harris aren't dummies, and they'd have to be morons if they plan to purchase the team and have no idea about both the need for and understand the challenges and finances of the stadium.  

According to multiple people following the narrative, the hang up right now is that they believe they offered more than the team is worth but Dan wants even more money on top of that.

You liked the idea of Mark Cuban yesterday.  Both Harris and Rales individually have a bigger net worth than Cuban let alone them combined. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dan was a big reason Dan didn't get the stadium. It's because of who he is, like him allegedly saying no to Bezos no matter what, people who he needs approval of are literally saying no to him because he's him.

I don't think that we're used to dealing with a full deck since we've been playing with Draw 4's against us for a quarter century.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will gladly take new ownership and a ****ty stadium.  Like I said yesterday, RFK was a piece of **** and yet there's still a segment of our fanbase that daydreams about still being able to play there.

I would love a new stadium as much as anyone else, but it's low on the list of priorities for me.  Get Snyder out, get an owner who is capable and can steer this team to being a winner and not be a lecherous, litigious ****tard piece of ****.  If that happens, I bet the stadium will take care of itself.  If the stadium doesn't happen for some reason and this team is still winning, at least we'll have a winning team in a **** stadium.  I can think of worse things....you know, like Dan Snyder.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Part of the narrative about them is the whole idea to have Rales involved is in partly to help finance the stadium end of it, they are very aware they need to do both.  I get the strong impression they are accounting for both needs as they do this. 

Even if that wasn't being said, Rales-Harris aren't dummies, and they'd have to be morons of they plan to purchase the team and have no idea about both the need for and the challenges and finances of the stadium.  

According to multiple people following the same, the hang up right now is that they believe they offered more than the team is worth but Dan wants even more money on top of that.

You liked the idea of Mark Cuban yesterday.  Both Harris and Rales individually have a bigger net worth than Cuban let alone them combined. 

If he wasn't already funding a facility in Philly that will be over a billion dollars I wouldn't be so pessimistic. I'm sure they have good intentions, but their vision might be unrealistic for the challenge in front of them.

At the end of the day I'll take whatever they offer instead of Dan so I'll fall in line if they're granted the team.

I am not saying this is how I think, because I am now on the Harris/Rales idea and believe they could accomplish what I believe is required for our franchise along with building a stadium in DC.  My question is which would you choose if you knew this for sure?

Option 1 Harris/Rales Stadium in Md or Va

Option 2 Bezos Stadium in DC

Hard choice for me!!!!!

1 minute ago, dckey said:

I am not saying this is how I think, because I am now on the Harris/Rales idea and believe they could accomplish what I believe is required for our franchise along with building a stadium in DC.  My question is which would you choose if you knew this for sure?

Option 1 Harris/Rales Stadium in Md or Va

Option 2 Bezos Stadium in DC

Hard choice for me!!!!!

Option #1, and I don't even have to think about it.

I care much more if the team is run well, and returns to the glory years than where they play. Or what they are even called (because that might change too). I want us to be dominant, and get a respected organization. We could play in a sandlot for all I care, if we are going to SB's and winning them.

• Like 3