Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Agreed, let's hope it's going to be quick without litigation, undercover blackmailing, etc...

I mean…there’s a part of me who kind of wants to see Dan going out in a blaze of glory.  Hiring devious henchmen to spy on other owners, dirt flying everywhere, lawsuits on top of lawsuits maybe that prick Mara loses the Giants as a result, Goodell doing a terrible job of covering things up, who knows? One can dream. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Howard Gutman, big time lawyer, big fan of the team who has appeared on Sheehan's show for years.  He knows the Rales family well, and heard a lot about Harris.

Loves the Harris bidders, said they'd be great for this franchise.

He served as a lawyer in the past for Danaher and knows the Rales family for a long time.   The Rales family loves the team from their youth.  But unlike Snyder, they get how to build a successful business.  They kick butt in whatever they do.  They do everything right from managing busineses to building a kick butt museum. 

Mitch Rales would commiserate with Gutman about what happened to this franchise over the years.  Mitch is a very community minded guy and classy and smart.

Knows that Rales wants to help Harris aggressively in the background to rebuild this franchise including getting the stadium. 

He's heard no one will outwork Harris and Rales, they hire the best people and stay out of their way.

Rales wouldn't get into any group of a bidders for a business like this without it being kick butt quality

He comes off uber giddy talking about this ownership team.   Giddy wouldn't be hyperbole, he's beyond effusive.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's heard no one will outwork Harris and Rales, they hire the best people and stay out of their way.

This is what Harris has done in Philly...he stays out of the way of the GM and head coach and lets them do all of the public speaking stuff. Behind the scenes he runs a nice operation...the only black eye he sorta has is the Sam Hinkie tanking years but that turned out to be pretty good, especially if they hadn't blown all but one of the 1st round picks they acquired. Harris lets his people work and doesn't meddle from what I've seen. 

• Like 2

Gutman finished by talking about the Rales father who came out of an orphanage without a dollar to his name and built a business from scratch -- he's a beyond classy guy who stayed in touch with other kids from that orphange throughout his life.

He would send his kids to RFK on a bus to watch the Redskins games.  And they get the importance of that RFK site for the fan base and community, he knows that for a fact.

I mentioned this on this thread weeks back, Andy Pollin who worked for Rales said he was a super nice guy and generous.

Also I've heard multiple people say they heard Mitchell Rales is wired in a good way with DC politically and likely would be key help for a stadium. 

I'd take away the theme of Gutman's appearance that he backs big time all the accolades others have said about the Rales family from first hand experience -- they are uber smart and uber classy.  And they won't be just investors, they will be active behind the scenes to help the franchise rebound, it would be a labor of love for them and its up their alley because turning around businesses is their niche -- Danaher. 

And he heard really good things about Harris, too and knowing how kick butt and classy the Rales brothers are in everything they do, they wouldn't undertake this if they didn't believe in Harris and the other partners.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Here's why I don't think you will see Bezos bidding on the team, aside from the fact that Dan apparently doesn't want him to. There have been quite a few rumors lately that he may return to Amazon since it's doing so poorly now and to try and straighten things out.

Of course, if he would intend to bring in his own managers for the Commanders and just let them run it themselves, the Amazon situation may not be an impediment to him. But it's not just his time that could be an issue for him, he's lost a lot of personal wealth over the past year because of Amazon's problems. 

On the other hand, if he thought that rebuilding the franchise would involve a lot of his personal involvement to be successful, he might not care to have to be turning around the Commanders at the same time he was turning around Amazon.

Note that in addition to the information below, construction has now halted...at least temporarily...on the new Amazon headquarters building in Arlington.

https://fortune.com/2023/01/06/jeff-bezos-return-as-amazon-ceo-possible-michael-batnick-ritholtz-wealth-management/

“There’s a lot of crosscurrents that Amazon is facing. There’s no doubt about it,” Michael Batnick, director of research at Ritholtz Wealth Management, told CNBC this week.

“Its stock fell 50% last year. That’s its worst year since 2000 when the dotcom bubble burst.”

With Amazon in dire straits, Batnick said a return of Bezos is a strong possibility considering the personal repercussions for the founder stemming from Amazon’s stock drop.

“Jeff Bezos is an extremely rich man who got a lot less rich last year because the company that he spent his life building is struggling big-time,” Batnick said. “I think it’s possible. I’m not going to pound the table on this, but I think it’s possible that he returns to the helm to steady the ship.”

Batnick pointed out CEO returns are “not without precedent” in today’s corporate world, citing the reversals of Iger and Schultz.

The analyst also said Bezos may have a personal stake in reviving Amazon’s fortunes this year, after his net worth shrank from over $200 billion at the time he left the company to around $100 billion today, a loss of wealth closely tied to Amazon’s decline. 

Amazon missed its earnings estimates and downgraded sales expectations when it reported third-quarter earnings last October. The company’s losses over the past year have forced it to plan for mass layoffs over the next few months affecting more than 18,000 jobs—the largest workforce reduction in the company’s history.

Bezos left his role as Amazon CEO in 2021—while holding on to a position as executive chairman—to focus on side projects and other ventures, including his space exploration and rocket manufacturing company, Blue Origin.

Replacing him was Andy Jassy, former CEO of Amazon Web Services, the company’s cloud computing branch.

But Jassy’s tenure at the helm of Amazon has been rocky at best as the new CEO faced a number of challenges. In addition to the company’s plummeting value, Amazon has been battered by rising inflation and supply-chain constraints over the past two years that has dragged down consumer spending and stymied the company’s relentless rise over the past two decades. 

Jassy has also had to handle increasing animosity from Congress, where bipartisan lawmakers threatened Big Tech companies with stricter antitrust regulation last year, while Amazon narrowly avoided a multibillion-dollar antitrust fine in Europe last month.

Jassy has been personally outspoken against Congress’s proposed antitrust ruling to rein in tech giants, calling multiple senators last June in a ferocious lobbying effort to oppose the bill.

To top it off, Amazon has had to deal with a rising wave of unionization efforts around the world under Jassy’s leadership.

A labor battle in Staten Island, N.Y., culminated in the company’s first U.S. union being formed last April, and the company lost initial efforts to overturn this unionization.

In November, a judge even ordered Amazon to “cease and desist” its retaliation against unionization efforts. Union troubles for Amazon have not been contained to the U.S. either, as U.K. warehouse workers voted to go on strike last month in response to rising costs of living and unsatisfactory pay raises from Amazon.

Batnick said that Amazon’s steep losses last year, compounded by the company’s ongoing struggles, are putting its leadership in doubt heading into the new year...<<

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Did I miss something?  Why are we back to tslking about the legal proceedings of the owners voting Dan out?  He is selling, whether willingly or not, the deal is going to move forward with somebody.  Why are we hearing about court cases and voting out?  Click bate?  Drum up drama?

I think you are right but waiting for a new Rick Snider video for confimation. 

• Haha 11

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Did I miss something?  Why are we back to tslking about the legal proceedings of the owners voting Dan out?  He is selling, whether willingly or not, the deal is going to move forward with somebody.  Why are we hearing about court cases and voting out?  Click bate?  Drum up drama?

You missed a tweet, yeah.

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

I don't like Rick Snider and never listen to him, but for really superficial reasons.

The way he pronounces his words really grates on me, and this is coming from a Londoner who doesn't pronounce most words properly.

To be somewhat fair to Rick, he speaks with what I would refer to as a southern Maryland ‘accent’ that is not uncommon among older folk from that area. My mother used to say Warshington, too. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Not really, because their owner was dead—and even after some delay due to family in-fighting, the team was eventually placed in a trust with the explicit purpose of selling it. So the NFL pre-approved certain bidders (and allowed Walton in later) and then the highest bidder was automatically crowned the winner in service to the trust. 

This is very different. But I also don’t think there’s any real uncertainty beyond who the buyer will be and exactly when. He’s obviously selling. So anyone still talking about the legality of the vote-out process, while it’s an interesting theoretical, is essentially just getting in their clicks while they still can before it’s all over, as that avenue is no longer even relevant—and given the scope of Snyder’s financial hardship, probably never was. 

Dan Snyder is also dead, just not clinically. 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I cant see it not being Harris and Rales at this point 

As far as I can tell almost everyone covering this story thinks its Harris who wins this.  Keim seems to not want to pick a favorite.

Gutman also seem to hint that he heard that the Harris bid is short of 6 billion but has some sort of escalators.    Sheehan says he heard also the bid isn't quite 6 billion.  But maybe set up in a way where Dan can crow its 6. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Howard Gutman, big time lawyer, big fan of the team who has appeared on Sheehan's show for years.  He knows the Rales family well, and heard a lot about Harris.

Loves the Harris bidders, said they'd be great for this franchise.

This is exactly the kind of owner we need.

Catching up with Bram's show, nothing new but confirmation of other people

A.  Dan is definitely selling

B.  Believes Harris is the front runner

C.  Not sure if Bezos bids

D.  Heard there is a mystery bidder and its not Bezos

E.  Dan and the NFL want the number to be 6 billion even if the bidders don't believe its worth that

F.  Shot down the junkies-Brian Davis stuff, hasn't heard his name in the mix

• Thanks 1

The reporting on the amounts is just so odd.  If they are really being leaked from people who actually know, that’s highly unusual. 

If it wasn’t Shefter, I would just say it’s all office gossip coming out.  But Shefter gets his information from either Rodger, other owners, Dan or the bidders.  He’s smart enough not to report something which is factually incorrect or he can’t verify.  

Keim is the same.  

It’s very unusual for deal terms to come out while the process is still ongoing.

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Screw what the NFL wants. They better help us fund a new stadium if they want Snyder to sell for 6 bil.

They will.  So will the state and local governments.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This is exactly the kind of owner we need.

I have to admit, Rales being included makes this exciting to me.  Harris alone I was torn, but I think Rales will want to create something awesome from a facility standpoint.  

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I have to admit, Rales being included makes this exciting to me.  Harris alone I was torn, but I think Rales will want to create something awesome from a facility standpoint.  

Would be a light years improvement than what we have now for sure.  

30 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I was intially edging more towards wanting Bezos/Jay-Z because they have the financial clout to get things done, are the sexier choice, and also are the only people bidding that I've actually heard of.

Recently I've moved over to the Harris/Rales camp after reading more about them. They seem to be the more conservative, stable choice, and stability is something that we haven't seen for a long time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Not really, because their owner was dead—and even after some delay due to family in-fighting, the team was eventually placed in a trust with the explicit purpose of selling it. So the NFL pre-approved certain bidders (and allowed Walton in later) and then the highest bidder was automatically crowned the winner in service to the trust. 

Lucky ****s...😈

• Haha 1