Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Still think Bezos buys the commander's, whatever Harris offers Bezos will just put 200 or so million above it.

The issue isn't that Bezos can't out bid anyone. The issue, as it's being reported, is that Dan doesn't want to sell to Bezos. Dan is that spiteful so who knows what's going on in his pea brain.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The issue isn't that Bezos can't out bid anyone. The issue, as it's being reported, is that Dan doesn't want to sell to Bezos. Dan is that spiteful so who knows what's going on in his pea brain.

Actually, word is, it's not Dan that doesn't want to sell to Bezos.

It's Tanya Snyder.

She evidently thinks her little Danny has gotten a raw deal in the press and has been misrepresented.

Or something. 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The NFL want the biggest bidder, makes there franchises worth more in future.

2 hours ago, pghvlaans said:

Just FYI, the Maggiano's tweet was bogus. Note the photo of the restaurant:

And here's the exact same picture, taken last November at an American University basketball dinner:

“Lyutsifer Safin” is the name of a Bond villain, I believe in the most recent one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Actually, word is, it's not Dan that doesn't want to sell to Bezos.

It's Tanya Snyder.

She evidently thinks her little Danny has gotten a raw deal in the press and has been misrepresented.

Or something. 🤔

Tanya's response to the sex pest allegations made it clear that she didn't believe the victims and thought all the complaints were ridiculous, so she stopped reading them. I think the media gave her an easy pass because they assumed she meant that she stopped reading about them because it was traumatic, when in reality she stopped reading because she thinks all those women are liars 

Behind every evil man is an enabling woman. Tanya is Ghislaine Maxwell to Snyder's Jeff Epstein.

• Like 5

General impression of the rumor mill from yesterday: 

Lots of reports from credible people on the beat that it isn’t done yet (but “goal to go”.) I think this is probably the most accurate reflection of where things sit. 

Lots of other folks saying there’s a deal. 

Both could be essentially correct. There could be a verbal agreement, or the buyer meeting Dan’s price point, which makes it effectively over from a bidding standpoint. They still obviously need to finish the contract. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

It must be exhausting to be negative in every scenario that doesn’t involve UCLA.

It’s a valuable service I provide! I’m not being negative here just playing some devil’s advocate. In the post UCLA basketball win and over some nice Rye bourbon I dropped some hard facts you apparently found negative. 

Everyone loved Dan too at the beginning until they didn’t. Sorry if pointing out the Philly owner/fan doesn’t want to piss off his Philly fan base and his interests are more financially aligned with their happiness than ours is viewed as being negative. There were a lot Snyder defenders here at the various stages too. Some people don’t want to hear the truth. 

Even if that doesn’t prove to be the case I would rather not even have to think about it.  We had enough bs with Dan. We don’t need any with the new owner or the possibility of some bs with the new owner. With Bezos we get none of that.

Everyone is assuming Harris will be a great and professional owner and I’m pointing out the conflict he has. A conflict that until very recently would have prevented him from acquiring the team because the owners were that worried about it.

Even Jack Kent Cooke had to sell the Lakers to fully acquire the Redskins. We might soon find out why unfortunately. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a valuable service I provide! I’m not being negative here just playing some devil’s advocate. In the post UCLA basketball win and over some nice Rye bourbon I dropped some hard facts you apparently found negative. 

Everyone loved Dan too at the beginning until they didn’t. Sorry if pointing out the Philly owner/fan doesn’t want to piss off his Philly fan base and his interests are more financially aligned with their happiness than ours is viewed as being negative. There were a lot Snyder defenders here at the various stages too. Some people don’t want to hear the truth. 

Even if that doesn’t prove to be the case I would rather not even have to think about it.  We had enough bs with Dan. We don’t need any with the new owner or the possibility of some bs with the new owner. With Bezos we get none of that.

Everyone is assuming Harris will be a great and professional owner and I’m pointing out the conflict he has. A conflict that until very recently would have prevented him from acquiring the team because the owners were that worried about it.

Even Jack Kent Cooke had to sell the Lakers to fully acquire the Redskins. We might soon find out why unfortunately. 

I like how you spin it like it’s everyone else that’s the problem and not you. Well done. Professional web weaving there. Must be a lawyer or a car salesman. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nobody knows what we get with Bezos as compared to Harris. How can anyone say we won't get BS with Bezos but might with Harris?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Kroenke owns teams in LA and Denver.  Harris in NJ and Philly.  The notion that an NFL owner would cause his more valuable franchise in DC to take a fall to not piss off the fans of his less valuable franchise in Philly is as laughable as it is idiotic (if the tables were turned, only morons would blame Harris for his Sixers beating the local team).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Nobody knows what we get with Bezos as compared to Harris. How can anyone say we won't get BS with Bezos but might with Harris?

Because Harris has a conflict that would have prevented him from even buying the team until recently. Bezos doesn’t need to keep the philly fan base happy to pack the Sixers stadium unlike Harris.

Harris also has to negotiate with the regional sports networks in Philly for carriage agreements which are the vast majority of his revenue stream. It’s not a shared model like it is in the NFL. In the NFL you can run the franchise into the ground and still make significant yearly revenue but the asset grows exponentially in overall value regardless of the product on the field or the game day experience for the fans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Didn't Mitchell Rales or his family grow up a Redskins fan? So he's going to just let a partner of his sabotage -- or whatever -- the team? 

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Has anybody looked through the windows at FedEx field for a giant banner that says "welcome josh harris"?

No. But they did just put up a banner that says "Happy Thanksgiving".

WTH happened in this thread overnight? Log in today to references of Putin, Gandhi and secret meeting at Ledo's. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Didn't Mitchell Rales or his family grow up a Redskins fan? So he's going to just let a partner of his sabotage -- or whatever -- the team? 

Rales would be the minority owner. Like Fred Smith and Dwight Schar were here. They don’t have any power.