Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean, if it's true... and I will stress that part... that's my assumption. 

I am guessing it’s the come to Jesus meeting with the results of Mary Jo White report. Maybe if he doesn’t agree they will formally charge him under NFL rules for a forced sale and set a date for the hearing. Irsay will be leaking soon. So it won’t be a secret.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am guessing it’s the come to Jesus meeting with the results of Mary Jo White report. Maybe if he doesn’t agree they will formally charge him under NFL rules for a forced sale and set a date for the hearing. Irsay will be leaking soon. So it won’t be a secret.

I think they have scheduled subcommittee meetings prior to the March Owners meeting.  Guessing that’s what this is.  No idea of the potential sale will be brought up, or who’s attending from the Commanders. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

I think they have scheduled subcommittee meetings prior to the March Owners meeting.  Guessing that’s what this is.  No idea of the potential sale will be brought up, or who’s attending from the Commanders. 

So it was scheduled? Damn. Nothing to see here. 😂 

Irsay isn’t going to settle until he’s ran Dan out of town. :ols:

Is it wrong to feel confident an owners get together now is going to escalate the sale process. At the very least announce the preferred/accepted bidder by the start of the league year. 

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Spot on about Sheehan. I remember how he fell in love with Josh Doctson because his son went to college there. Reminds me of the Haskins situation with Snyder and his son. He does seem to watch plenty of college football, and has a lot of connections, so you’d think he would be better at it.

With Bram, not sure he can really be trusted, he needs to say whatever it takes to make sure he doesn’t lose his gig as announcer. Somewhat of a dream job, so I don’t blame him.

It seemed to get to Sheehan's head that Cooley disagreed him before the draft about Corey Clement, and then Clement had a decent start to his career as an UDFA but also faded really fast.  He only had 800 yards and change for his whole career.  But for a couple of games early in his career he looked good, and after those games Cooley then backed off Sheehan and told him you must have a good eye for RBs. 

Then he went on and on about Kerryon Johnson before that draft who also had a crap NFL career.  We all get stuff wrong, no biggie.   But Sheehan the "college RB guru" is amusing to me.  He stuck his neck out on 2 dudes who were basically NFL busts.   Big Doctson guy, Trask.   I know if I recall one of his kids went to Penn State but still calling Joey Parter a ball hawk recently makes it clear he's not paying that much attention.  It's cool, i like Sheehan.  Just saying he's no college player evaluator guru.  I don't get why he tries to wear that hat because he's so good on everything else.  :ols:

As for Bram, he's being pretty blunt in spite of who he works for including being critical of the team and Dan.  So I give him props for that.  He's not like Larry Michael who carried the team's water.  I would assume in theory he would be better off if Dan doesn't sell -- yet he seems to be rooting for the sale.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I also feel like we should be the more attractive buy for him.  Unlike Seattle, nothing here is really established as far as infrastructure. He doesn’t have to inherit anybody’s new stadium or facilities.  Everything can be rebuilt from the ground up the way he wants it to be.  The stadium in look and location can be 100% his unlike Dan coming in and buying a team with a stadium that was only 2 years old at that point.  The only thing we can’t blame Snyder for is the stadium’s location and design.    

Don’t buy this at all. 
people don’t get rich by throwing billions of dollars around. Seattle with their current facilities would be the much smarter purchase. Denver stadium and facilities are also in good shape. To buy this team at 6 billion then add in another 2 billion for a stadium and new facilities is a powerful investment, even if you’re worth north of 100 billion 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Don’t buy this at all. 
people don’t get rich by throwing billions of dollars around. Seattle with their current facilities would be the much smarter purchase. Denver stadium and facilities are also in good shape. To buy this team at 6 billion then add in another 2 billion for a stadium and new facilities is a powerful investment, even if you’re worth north of 100 billion 

I've not read much on him, but if legacy motivates him more than profits at this stage (I mean how much fortune does a person need?) ...he could secure an incredible legacy by returning this organization to its prior status.  Perhaps even exceeding anything that has come before. 

State of the art everything in the Nation's Capital.  Prime Stadium at RFK.  A new team HQ and training facility in Landover only 2 miles outside of the City.  Training camp at the old HQ in Ashburn.  Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

I've not read much on him, but if legacy motivates him more than profits at this stage (I mean how much fortune does a person need?) ...he could secure an incredible legacy by returning this organization to its prior status.  Perhaps even exceeding anything that has come before. 

State of the art everything in the Nation's Capital.  Prime Stadium at RFK.  A new team HQ and training facility in Landover only 2 miles outside of the City.  Training camp at the old HQ in Ashburn.  Wouldn't that be something?

I think they'll sell the Ashburn land. Training camp in Richmond makes more sense until a new facility is built.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not like Larry Michael who carried the team's water and ordered secret lewd videos of team cheerleaders made for his perverted viewing and apparently has gotten away with it.  I would assume in theory he would be better off if Dan doesn't sell -- yet he seems to be rooting for the sale.

FTFY

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Don’t buy this at all. 

Right...there's the legacy aspect of things vs. the dollars and cents aspect. On no planet is the Commanders purchase a better play financially than the Seahawks when you consider the money that must be poured into the team. Now, the legacy aspect is cool because the new owner can put his or her stamp on the stadium, branding, facilities, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Now, the legacy aspect is cool because the new owner can put his or her stamp on the stadium, branding, facilities, etc. 

Bezos can do it with the stack in his right pocket.

Which is why I want Bezos, because there is no question on what he can afford to do if he buys the team.  Anybody else might not be able to accomplish what he can.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right...there's the legacy aspect of things vs. the dollars and cents aspect. On no planet is the Commanders purchase a better play financially than the Seahawks when you consider the money that must be poured into the team. Now, the legacy aspect is cool because the new owner can put his or her stamp on the stadium, branding, facilities, etc. 

Maybe one day the team will fly on Blue Origin to play a game on another planet. 🚀 The NFL is always looking to expand the league.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think it'll ultimately end up being Josh Harris.

Bezos will buy the Seahawks in a couple of years.

Judging by beat guys, they almost all are betting its not Bezos, among others Michael Phillips and Standig talked about it on a podcast today.

I'd love to know who these two mysterious bidders are that Keim referenced in his last podcast.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by beat guys, they almost all are betting its not Bezos, among others Michael Phillips and Standig talked about it on a podcast today.

I'd love to know who these two mysterious bidders are that Keim referenced in his last podcast.

****.  Even if Bezos weren't the right choice, I hate that Dan denied us something else.

And then watch him build perfection in Seattle.  I ****ing hate Dan so much

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

****.  Even if Bezos weren't the right choice, I hate that Dan denied us something else.

Just think… every time you buy anything NFL related you are putting gas in Snyder’s yacht and plane.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I hope Dan is all flustered in his hotel room and is rushing to get down to the meeting when he spills coffee all over himself.  And he doesn't have another suit to change into so he has to go to the meeting looking like the schmuck that he is and have the other owners vote him out while he's got coffee stains all over himself.

• Haha 9

18 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You know he’ll secretly hope any new owner fails to match the lofty highs he set as an owner…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

First they ended the 2005 run. Then they ended 2007 Sean Taylor tribute run and, ultimately, the Gibbs II era. Then they broke RGIII and ended the 2012 run. Then, they actually established a long-term, sustainable winning tradition with their lower-drafted, more durable version of a dual-threat QB (who could actually read defenses)...a team that went to multiple Super Bowls and won one. Now, they'll end up with the owner with deep pockets, have a huge advantage, and build a dynasty in what used to be a NFL outpost while our city continues to wallow in purgatory. 

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I know what you mean.  I am not a Bezos or bust guy but I would like him as an option and don't love that Dan is supposedly boxing him out.

They are talking right now on 106.7 that since there is now going to be a Black Friday game every year on Amazon and if Bezos becomes the owner, why not the Commanders as the team who plays then ala Dallas-Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Grant goes on about how this team is desperate from some national attention and marketing.  I agree.  On that same token, I bet there is a good chance the new owner actually would push for them to be on Hard Knocks.  I know some here hate the idea of them being on Hard Knocks but personally I think it would be great.

This team is a bottom has been as far as national relevance.  We are like RC Cola, we were once a big brand but now we are obscure as it gets and not a hipster version of obscure.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

On 3/5/2023 at 4:24 PM, Rufus T Firefly said:

FWIW, there were 9 circles of Hell in Dante's Inferno, which is what I assume you're referencing. 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled freak outs over what the rumor of the day is. 

d7i8fs7-e7afdd1f-968e-4bab-9c63-7f340b7a

According to this graphic, Snyder is stuck on level IV, but clearly has rental properties on levels II, VIII, and IX.

• Haha 1