Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Hope this means he’s back to work on selling the franchise. He can sell from anywhere. So, this is more wishful thinking than anything. 

I hope it means he has a meeting with Bezos to sell him the team

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Keim's new podcast tonight.

A.  He's selling.   Thinks its close to the home stretch

B.  2 potential buyers have toured the facility, one is Harris.  He doesn't think the other is Fertitta but believes he will tour the facility soon.

C.  There are 2 other potential serious buyers in the mix (so 4 total) that have done a good job of staying below the radar, they are poised to check out the facility.

D. Bezos will have to outbid by a good margin to get the team.  Dan genuinely doesn't want to sell to him.  He's have to beat the next highest bidder by a good margin

E.  the league would rather let Dan play this out his own way to just save legal issues or headaches with the sale 

F.  Dan is good at keeping things quiet, he suggested don't be shocked if the buyer ends up someone who isn't being talked about right now.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Let things play out Dan's way. I'm sure this will end well.

Keim is the only reporter I trust 100 percent. As Cooley used to joke Keim is almost never wrong because he won’t say something unless he has 7 sources backing it up. 

Keim really hasn’t had much about the sale I gather because it’s so hard as he mentioned to pull info when everyone is keeping info so close to the vest and there is so much conflicting information and also people pushing things because they have an agenda.

So Keim being this forceful got my attention because it was the most forceful he’s been on this issue.  He came off hardcore that the sale is going down and I loved to hear his confidence on it. 

His other main point is the sale is up for grabs with two other mysterious bidders in the mix.

He also came off hardcore that Dan will only sell to Bezos if he outbids by a good margin otherwise he doesn’t want to sell to him 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I guess the good news is it should be Jeff's team soon, I can't see him not putting in a killer offer to make these other dorks go away. The bad news is Dan is going to get much more than he actually deserves. 

I guess will see. Keim seemed to suggest don’t be surprised if the new owner is a dude we’ve not heard the name of yet as part of the process.

Recalling some of Keim’s past points on other subjects there is usually a method to the madness when he pushes a thought. Will see.

Id guess at a minimum one of his sources likely told him don’t be surprised if the new owner is a name which hasn’t been mentioned yet 

Edit: reslistened to it. Keim basically doesn’t believe there is a clear front runner where people should trust a story on it, he thinks it could go to anyone of these potential bidders 

• Like 1

We all know how stubborn Snyder is. He wouldn’t trade Cousins to SF, even when they supposedly offered the #3 pick.  The story is that Bruce said it might be in their best interest to trade him, but Snyder refused. 

He also holds a grudge (I.e. towards Bruce Allen and Shanahan).  If he truly blames Bezos for being the reason he has to sell his beloved team, it’d be out of character for Snyder to sell to him.  Bezos would get what he wants, while Snyder wouldn’t.

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess will see. Keim seemed to suggest don’t be surprised if the new owner is a dude we’ve not heard the name of yet as part of the process.

Recalling some of Keim’s past points on other subjects there is usually a method to the madness when he pushes a thought. Will see.

Id guess at a minimum one of his sources likely told him don’t be surprised if the new owner is a name which hasn’t been mentioned yet 

This seems to be setting up to where the final process is "mystery rich fella has put in a bid for $6.50 billion, but we will sell to Bezos if he offers $7.2 billion right now".

I don't think Bezos ever needed to be a part of the process, he just needs to be available to beat whatever the final offer is.

I could be completely wrong but this smells like Daniel's play to me and quite frankly probably a smart move on his part.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I could be completely wrong but this smells like Daniel's play to me and quite frankly probably a smart move on his part.

Virtually nothing he’s done has ever been smart though. He’s ****ed everything he’s touched up. Don’t think he’s playing chess here, just being the typical dick scuddle he is

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  2 potential buyers have toured the facility, one is Harris.  He doesn't think the other is Fertitta but believes he will tour the facility soon.

I thought I’d read that Fertitta had toured the facility ? Maybe not. 

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

This seems to be setting up to where the final process is "mystery rich fella has put in a bid for $6.50 billion, but we will sell to Bezos if he offers $7.2 billion right now".

I don't think Bezos ever needed to be a part of the process, he just needs to be available to beat whatever the final offer is.

I don't know.  Some of us assume that Bezos is wiliing to overpay and outbid the next bid by a good margin because of his vast wealth.  I took some grief from a couple from the Bezos or bust crowd here for putting up a zillion articles about Bezos is famous for and takes pride on being frugal -- in short not being the type who overpays for things.

For me personally, I can argue it either way based on his reputation.  Either he thinks hey its a toy I'll pay whatever it takes to get that toy or screw that little man, i am not overpaying for that asset, that's not how I roll, I'll wait for Seattle.

In my mind, just guessing, its 50-50.  Listening to Keim, I get the vibe its totally open season versus him expecting it ends in the hands of Bezos.

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I thought I’d read that Fertitta had toured the facility ? Maybe not. 

Keim from what he heard isn't sure if that's the case but if he hasn't yet he will soon, so I don't think this point matters one way or another.

Also, I listened to the interview after Keim's opening blurb from someone who works for Sportico who is following this.

Not much there.  But the gist.

A.  that person also thinks Dan sells.

B.  The owners having to force Dan to sell isn't the best sceanrio because that likely drags on the sale.  Dan can get a legal injunction then to stop the process and it can get prolonged and messy.

C.  Considering the ongoing legal issues, Dan would want to have a good and trusting relationship with the owner he sells to because there will be some overlap as to those legal issues between the regimes as to sharing information-cooperation, etc

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Remove the team from the NFL and award a new franchise.  I hate to lose the history but it would be worth it to get rid of Dan.   Besides, they can’t take my memories.  

I would be fine with this. As disheartening as this would be in many ways, it would be the clean break that I think many need who are grappling with the mixed emotions of hating the owner, losing the passion, wanting to eventually support the local team again, etc. 

Let me start with saying I can't see a league as wildly successful as the NFL contracting, even temporarily, so I believe this is extremely unlikely. But, if the NFL just shut down the debacle that the Washington franchise has become and then began some sort of process to award a new franchise to a new owner with no guaranteed location, that would be extremely interesting. 

10 hours ago, spjunkies said:

this smells like Daniel's play to me and quite frankly probably a smart move on his part.

I have zero information, nor am I very smart, but based on this premise I can pretty much guarantee your comment is off the mark.

• Haha 2