Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

20 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

The last sentence of that quote is interesting.

As someone who listened to the interview, he said there were 3 ways this goes (when talking with his sources)

- snyder sells because he’s just done with it all (and can’t get out of the hole he dug financially)

- he sells because the league forced him to behind closed doors

- he gets voted out and the league sells the team for him (which snyder obviously doesn’t want)

wither way he’s gone. According to Sands. 

imo it’s nice to hear but means nothing. Nothing matters until the deal is final and he’s gone. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

I think it's all 3.

1) rising interest rates and Snyder has always been cash poor borrowing against his collateral. Odds are he's been hit with a whopper. He did just buy $100 million of land in VA, as well as $400 million (I think?) To buy out the minority owners. Those were both via debt that's probably getting really expensive.

2) we've known this for awhile, and then Snyder paid an investigative outfit to dig up dirt on other owners. Some leaked, but it wasn't enough

3) other owners have since publicly said they have confirmed the 24 vote minimum in order to vote him out, but haven't done it yet. Saw something where supposedly the franchise could see for more if he can take his time and sell through normal means. Other owners have a big interest in him selling a franchise for more than the Broncos just got.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think it's all 3.

1) rising interest rates and Snyder has always been cash poor borrowing against his collateral. Odds are he's been hit with a whopper. He did just buy $100 million of land in VA, as well as $400 million (I think?) To buy out the minority owners. Those were both via debt that's probably getting really expensive.

2) we've known this for awhile, and then Snyder paid an investigative outfit to dig up dirt on other owners. Some leaked, but it wasn't enough

3) other owners have since publicly said they have confirmed the 24 vote minimum in order to vote him out, but haven't done it yet. Saw something where supposedly the franchise could see for more if he can take his time and sell through normal means. Other owners have a big interest in him selling a franchise for more than the Broncos just got.

I don't think he actually bought the $100M of land in VA. I think he bought the option to purchase it. Regardless, all three points stand

• Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think it's all 3.

Keim who hasn't said much about the same but when he has did focus on Dan's debt being likely central to this.  He also mentioned he's not sure if the NFL would allow him to accrue more debt for a stadium considering his current debt. 

• Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

B-E Aggressive!

The more I read about Harris, the more I like him. If Philly likes him, then we'll love him.

Harris is my 2nd pick after Bezos. I still wanna take a shot at a totally outside the box maverick that I think Bezos would be but Harris is a fine solid choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The matter of a potential Commanders sale has been a talking point for months now, as the view other NFL owners take of Dan Snyder has worsened. That trend has stretched to even affect his Cowboys counterpart, Jerry Jones.

A bombshell report from October indicated that Snyder had dug up dirt on his fellow owners, as a means of providing leverage against a vote forcing him to sell his team. In the wake of that report – which the 58-year-old has denied – it was said that Jones still counted himself amongst Snyder’s supporters. That appears to still be the case, but relations between the two have changed.

“I would say we’ve had to be more formal in our conversations,” Jones said, via USA Today’s Jarrett Bell“We’re not as cavalier as we might have been. Follow me? Don’t know who’s listening. Who’s what? So, we’ve had to be more formal.”

Jones added that Snyder is “not the most beloved guy around,” and that he wouldn’t be worth “taking a sword” for. That marks a notable stance potentially in favor of a sale, something which would likely go a long way amongst other owners, given Jones’ sway in that particular group and his reputation for supporting Snyder more than most....<<

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/02/commanders-notes-snyder-jones-relationship-prospective-bidders-potential-sale-timeline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

B-E Aggressive!

The more I read about Harris, the more I like him. If Philly likes him, then we'll love him.

I listened to that podcast.  Good stuff.

A. Finlay digesting this likes the idea of an experienced sports owner like Harris versus a wildcard who never had owned a sports team.  (Seemed to be implying Bezos)

Then the Philly reporter was on.

A.  Harris' thing is hire the top GM, and then hire the top coach

B.  He stays out of the way of the GM and coach, doesn't interfere

C. He endorses GMs who are aggressive and will give the resources needed to act on it

D.  Believes in players having top facilities

E.  Wants the best stadium (in the context of the 6ers)

The reporter who covers the Eagles and 76ers and knows the Commanders thought Harris is tailored made to rehab a stressed asset like the Commanders.  I mentioned this on this same thread about a week or so ago Joe Banner, ex GM of the Eagles who knows harris and is close with someone who worked for him echoed many of these same points.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

From what I've read, Jerry initially liked Snyder because he thought they were similar in some ways--a new, more aggressive breed of NFL owner. Time has proven that false, at least in terms of financial success.

Jerry may be an odious human being with a record of interfering with his teams, but he's incredibly successful at making money off the NFL. This includes owning the company that was the prime contractor on the new Rams stadium. Danny Boy bought what amounts to a license to print his own money, and he managed to screw that up about as badly as you can. To Jerry, I'd guess that's a bigger sin than of the legal allegations against Snyder. No taxpayer-funded stadium means less new money in owners' pockets. Destruction of the wealthy DC market means less money in owners' pockets. Dan's become a liability, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jerry is secretly behind the new urgency to get rid of Dan. No honor among thieves.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A. Finlay digesting this likes the idea of an experienced sports owner like Harris versus a wildcard who never had owned a sports team.  (Seemed to be implying Bezos)

C. He endorses GMs who are aggressive and will give the resources needed to act on it

The reporter who covers the Eagles and 76ers and knows the Commanders thought Harris is tailored made to rehab a stressed asset like the Commanders.  I mentioned this on this same thread about a week or so ago Joe Banner, ex GM of the Eagles who knows harris and is close with someone who worked for him echoed many of these same points.

This guy Harris sounds absolutely perfect. Exactly what we need. I hope he gets it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This sounds almost too good to be true. Sign me up. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:I think it's all 3.

other owners have since publicly said they have confirmed the 24 vote minimum in order to vote him out, but haven't done it yet. Saw something where supposedly the franchise could see for more if he can take his time and sell through normal means. Other owners have a big interest in him selling a franchise for more than the Broncos just got.

God I hope this is true but I’ve not seen this confirmed anywhere.  

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only thing I somewhat worry about with Harris is I've been told he's loyal to a fault.  That's a great way to lose valuable time, and in that time the parade can go by. I don't want to get stuck with an average coach like Ron in a Marvin Lewis type of tenure.  Or even a Norv Turner type tenure, which lasted at least three years too long.   I certainly don't want a knee-jerk type owner, but there's a solid middle ground that is important for an owner to reside in.  Everything else looks great about him though.

27 minutes ago, Redwards said:

The only thing I somewhat worry about with Harris is I've been told he's loyal to a fault.  That's a great way to lose valuable time, and in that time the parade can go by. I don't want to get stuck with an average coach like Ron in a Marvin Lewis type of tenure.  Or even a Norv Turner type tenure, which lasted at least three years too long.   I certainly don't want a knee-jerk type owner, but there's a solid middle ground that is important for an owner to reside in.  Everything else looks great about him though.

It's also a great way to allow for some continuity. Hire a GM you like and monitor the situation. Give them time. If egregious things are happening you move on. Otherwise, let it marinade. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

The silence is deafening.  I know these things take time, but dammit...the time is slipping away where we're nearly guaranteed a lame duck season if something doesn't drop quickly.  Please tell me this gets done in time to be official by the owners meeting. Please. 

Even if it happened by then, 23 was going to be a lame duck season.

I don’t see this happening until late April to early June.

The silence is deafening.  I know these things take time, but dammit...the time is slipping away where we're nearly guaranteed a lame duck season if something doesn't drop quickly.  Please tell me this gets done in time to be official by the owners meeting. Please. 

Next year is lame duck no matter what.

Ron isn't getting better as a coach, which is not a good thing.  We have a rookie QB for all intents, so growing pains are coming.  New O line, which has no chemistry together.  Totally new offensive scheme, which takes time to learn for all involved.  And the other teams in the division are already ahead of us and going to get better.  Giants as of now have a worse roster but have the best coach in the division and always seem to have our number.  It's more than likely we end up 3rd or 4th in the division again.

Just remind yourself that with Dan gone (which is the mostly likely outcome), we've already had a successful season.  It's another six months or so of irrelevancy on the field for this franchise, which, after 30+ years, isn't all that bad.  But we'll have a new owner taking it all in and conjuring up some transformative decisions.  2024 should be a big leap forward for this franchise off the field.  Maybe on it (if we have a new HC and a QB).

Hang In There GIF

• Like 5

Sure would be nice! But I’m not getting greedy. I would’ve gladly signed up for a lost season to get rid of lil dip****. Hell, Ida signed up for multiple lost seasons to get rid of him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Sure would be nice! But I’m not getting greedy. I would’ve gladly signed up for a lost season to get rid of lil dip****. Hell, Ida signed up for multiple lost seasons to get rid of him.

Agreed.

But I also want to be released based on time served....  

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

B-E Aggressive!

Being a Philly suburbs guy, and lifelong Sixers fan, I've chimed in on Harris and agree with this beat writers report. Harris will give RR and the others the benefit of the doubt until he see's they're not winning. He will also spend on top talent as he's done with guys like Embiid, Harden, Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris.

Harris has given the Sixers top notch facilities by building a workout center in Camden that is excellent. He's also in the process of plans to build a brand new arena in the heart of the city which breaks away from the set up the sports facilities for the major sports teams in the city have now. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim this morning both on Sheehan and on his podcast.  Had no update outside of hearing that people around the process still believe Bezos might get involved mainly because Bezos' camp isn't ruling it out.

This makes you wonder what Bezos is waiting for if he is gonna bid? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1