Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Last time we heard Bezos' name connected with this team was in November and It's looking more and more likely that Bezos and Co. aren't interested.  Here's hoping things change, but things are leaning in that direction

Beat guys mention Bezos almost every time they talk about the sale.  I hear his name more than any other.  The wildcard is would Dan sell to him though?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

It is though without context. He just came in and fired this great manager who won the champions league! Tuchel had been performing badly for awhile and would have been fired already if Chelsea and its owner hadnt been blocked from doing anything due to him being Russian. Tuchel is a guy that rarely lasts more than 2 years at any of his stops because he falls off every time and alienates everyone and is fired. THATS why its disingenuous and especially for people who dont follow the EPL and dont know that context.

I am not saying that Boehly is the guy, I would prefer Bezos. I just think that the argument against him shouldnt be because he fired a poorly performing manager that ALWAYS gets fired, because he is unbearable and is so abrasive that players stop wanting to play for him within 2 years. 

I disagree, you don’t have to like Tuchel (I don’t) he’s an obnoxious, arrogant idiot, but his standing in the game is such that he’ll go on to get another top job and win more silverware in the future, because he’s good at what he does, nobody flukes into managing Dortmund, PSG and Chelsea. Whilst in the interest of applying context Boehly fired him out for Graham Potter a man who has zero silverware in any of Europes major leagues and is currently flatlining. That’s almost the bigger issue is that he’s hired a manager that is performing badly, he’s bought players that are performing badly now doesn’t that sound familiar?

I do agree with you on the latter, Bezos is my pick, he’s clearly been keen for some time, unlimited resources and can give the organisation the attention it so desperately requires 

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If anything I think things are looking extremely good for Jeff. When this thing first hit the news all we heard was Snyder will refuse to sell to Bezos, that talk has died down dramatically. 

"All the news," though, really seemed to be Peter King quoting someone who knew Dan. That was one person's speculation and everyone ran with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If anything I think things are looking extremely good for Jeff. When this thing first hit the news all we heard was Snyder will refuse to sell to Bezos, that talk has died down dramatically. 

I'm pretty sure Dan will chose greed over pride.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Chelsea were in a mess before he took over, don't think we can go on that.

And the media commentary on him firing "a champions league winning manager" are disingenuous. Tuchel had been terrible for awhile, if Abramovich hadnt been barred from controlling the team due to the Russia invasion he would have been fired before Bhoely took over. 

Their managerial appointment does not stack up at to their approach to acquiring players. It’s a shambles at the moment. Very Snyder esq from 20 years ago. 

5 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I actually want someone who has experience owning sports franchises.

Seems like there are quite a few people here who are a " hard pass" on everyone except Bezos.

I would say knowing how to run a successful business wins over knowing how to run a sports franchise, since they're practically the same thing 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would say knowing how to run a successful business wins over knowing how to run a sports franchise, since they're practically the same thing 

I'd say with sports franchises, you can make a lot of money, and not win anything.

Snyder's business is worth seven times more than it was when he bought it just 23 years ago.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm pretty sure Dan will chose greed over pride.

Could the owners refuse to approve a lower offer if Dan was spurning Bezos as the highest bid?  It feels like they have a vested interest because the team sale price sets a new precedent for future sales, kinda like a free agent contract...

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Could the owners refuse to approve a lower offer if Dan was spurning Bezos as the highest bid?  It feels like they have a vested interest because the team sale price sets a new precedent for future sales, kinda like a free agent contract...

Dan is fully aware that owners can veto a sale. That vetoed his partner 23 years ago and encouraged Dan to make a bid by himself.

So I can easily see them do it again now if they want Bezos and not somebody else.

But I believe Dan will take the highest bid and ride with his money because Leia said it first:

tumblr_nkn5izVusV1sl21koo1_540.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Say we get a Superbowl announcement that the team is sold.  Could the prospective new owner go interview candidates for gm and coach before his approval in March?

Then when he gets approval, he can announce he's making a change and here's his new gm and new coach.

I doubt he can start interviewing candidates before being approved by the league/owners. Then he'll have to follow a mandatory inclusive hiring training, including a "conduct bias check on selection reasoning" mentioned in the NFL guidebook.

League announces enhancements, updates to diversity, equity, inclusion efforts

I just wish dany boy sells the team asap and that the NFL could/would speed up the approval process before the draft.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I’m going to guess that part of buying the team involves having a team of people working on multiple things - both business and football related. I’m going to guess the new owner knows who they want to hire before taking over - their team will have put all that together already. 

everything else will be formality to check the boxes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Oh no this guy Boehly sounds like a meddler. 🤮🤮🤮  He goes straight to the bottom of my list. Still though, even if we do get another meddler, they can’t possibly be as bad at it as snydely. 

edit: quoted the wrong comment… 

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Say we get a Superbowl announcement that the team is sold.  Could the prospective new owner go interview candidates for gm and coach before his approval in March?

Then when he gets approval, he can announce he's making a change and here's his new gm and new coach.

GM we can still get before FA and draft. Coaching staff unlikely. Ron is the defacto GM though and if you hire some one above him you gotta tell em Youre the coach this year. Not controlling personnel. Dont like it the door is right there

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

GM we can still get before FA and draft. Coaching staff unlikely. Ron is the defacto GM though and if you hire some one above him you gotta tell em Youre the coach this year. Not controlling personnel. Dont like it the door is right there

Before the draft very possibly. Before FA? Don't see that. That would be a supersonic process. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

They’ve commit to £400mil in transfer/contract money since May 2022 and have just given someone a 8 and half year contract to basically circumvent financial fair play regulations (like a salary cap/CBA matter). 

That could blow up badly. Very badly. Not sure I like that business model. Time will tell.

Edited by Est.1974

Bezos not being one of the official bidders seems like a surprise, no? Assuming it’s true. Perez is hit or miss.

Also framing that as “none of the bids exceeded $6.3M” is funny, as if that’s low. That’s about 25% higher than the last  team that just sold—in the opening round of bidding. 

Edited by Conn