Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

44 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Whoever buys the team, please don't make the new stadium look like this.

Washington_Redskins_Stadium_by_BIG_1_889x500.0.jpg

It'll be grrrrrrreat, Pringles sponsorship all over the place. And we can say we have the best hyperbolic paraboloid shaped stadium around!

Edited by Rocket442Olds

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

What the **** is that?

lol 

Sorry brother been in doctors appointments all morning.

The pic is the brain trust of the Clearwater Capital Group.

image.png.850af571be1f42da3f47dc061ca2fe0d.png

On the left is the rutheless dark master of mergers and acquisitions and self proclaimed "Destroyer of Worlds" Beghali, and on the right is the infamous billionaire playboy Jose "Love 'em and Leave 'em (alone in the family way)" Feliciano.

Our soon to be named new owners.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

Whoever buys the team, please don't make the new stadium look like this.

Washington_Redskins_Stadium_by_BIG_1_889x500.0.jpg

Another reason why its good that Dan is leaving (hopefully) and Bruce is gone.  Because not only are they incompetent at getting an actual stadium -- I'd put money that they'd blow it on creating a cool stadium, too.

Trying to think of the last team to spend a lot of money and still build a "meh" stadium -- Giants-Jets?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Before the slaughter that was the game, the shots from outside to inside Sofi Stadium were so ****ing cool. Love stadiums that are built where as you walk in you are already on the upper level and the actual field is down once inside. Colts stadium is another that comes to mind that is built like that.

Skip past the theatrics for that drone shot of SoFi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Before the slaughter that was the game, the shots from outside to inside Sofi Stadium were so ****ing cool. Love stadiums that are built where as you walk in you are already on the upper level and the actual field is down once inside. Colts stadium is another that comes to mind that is built like that.

Skip past the theatrics for that drone shot of SoFi.

Pat McAfee was saying it’s the coolest looking stadium ever but is awful functionally. Rain puddles badly inside the stadium and it’s just low function.

4 hours ago, oraphus said:

After seeing big QBs repeatedly fail after switching teams last year (Wentz, Ryan, Wilson, mayfield) after being dumped by their previous teams, its mind numbing how many Wash fans want Carr.... Especially with a high end contract. Its really common sense.. if the team is trying to get rid of a supposed franchise QB = something is wrong with him. Wash fans have the abused wife syndrome.. "well there was that one day he played pretty well, he is still good!" Mind my words..  who ever trades for Carr, will regret it.

Brain Games Marsaimartin GIF by National Geographic Channel

You do remember that the winning QB's of the last two Super Bowls were "big QB's ... dumped by their previous teams"?

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

I know domes are the way a lot of owners want to go- especially in colder climates- because you can use it year round for countless events and it all but assures you of hosting a Super Bowl or Super Bowls. And from a business perspective, I get it. For me personally, I hate them. I guess I'm just a traditionalist that believes football is better played outdoors- whether it be on a bright sunny day, a miserable rainy day or a cold snowy one.

I also think it could take your home field advantage away to an extent come playoff time. Visiting teams would much rather come into a warm, cozy dome in January instead of having to play outside in what are often less than ideal conditions. The Vikings went to four Super Bowls in the '70's- with three of those NFC championship game wins being outdoors in Minnesota. They built a dome in the early '80's and have never been back to a SB and that included a home loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship game in the late '90's when they were 15-1. Atlanta wouldn't have stood a chance if that game were played outdoors- at least in my opinion. 

As for the fans? They'll show if they have something to cheer for. Rain, snow and cold are not going to keep them away. The teams with the best fans all play outside- Buffalo, Green Bay, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Denver to name a few. I know they're winning franchises and that certainly helps, but being at an outdoors game or watching one on TV is just so much more football to me than one being played in a dome. Hell, I know some people both men and women who could give two dumps about watching a football game on TV, but if it's snowing or raining they'll watch just because of the weather elements.

Anyways, just a rant from a 56 year old football fan who much prefers football be played outdoors, but knows that our days of being a team that plays their home games in an open air stadium will come to an end whenever and wherever the new stadium goes up.   

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

For me personally, I hate them

I’m with you. 

I’ve spent a lot of time watching games in snow, ice, hot, cold, wind… about the only thing that actually sucks is rain but more often than not the rain was before the game not during. 

to me the elements are part of it. 

I think domes suck. But. I think we’ll definitely wind up with a dome 

It seems to me the places with retractable roofs wind up being even more expensive and they keep it closed anyways so…

• Like 2

Outside stadiums might work In Washington, but somebody who lives in the Buffalo market, I can tell you that it sucks when the temp gets “bitterly” cold. The 30’s and even the high 20’s is manageable, but when it drops into the teens, there’s nothing fun about sitting there for three to four hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Pat McAfee was saying it’s the coolest looking stadium ever but is awful functionally. Rain puddles badly inside the stadium and it’s just low function.

Gorgeous on the outside, empty and broken on the inside...

So they captured the spirit of LA perfectly youre saying?

• Haha 4

A dome allows for a retractable, massive billboard.

Also, as the (alleged) parent of two young kids, with a wife who simply tolerates the team, the roof makes a family trip to the game way more likely. It also mkes it a more attractive venue overall.

In my 20's cold and rainy didn't bother me, but I'm almost 40 and kids in the rain in December are so annoying.  Like once they find you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Outside stadiums might work In Washington, but somebody who lives in the Buffalo market, I can tell you that it sucks when the temp gets “bitterly” cold. The 30’s and even the high 20’s is manageable, but when it drops into the teens, there’s nothing fun about sitting there for three to four hours. 

Yeah, I always wonder what happens health-wise to the drunk guys you see on tv in bitter cold weather in places like Buffalo wearing nothing on their upper bodies other than paint.  I don't care how accustomed to cold weather you are, you just can't be outside for hours with nothing on in weather like that. 

24 minutes ago, The Rook said:

You do remember that the winning QB's of the last two Super Bowls were "big QB's ... dumped by their previous teams"?

I remember one was a FA that didnt want to stay on his current team even though they tried to resign him (Brady), and the other was a Legit good vet qb with a big contract on a rebuilding team that was trying to get younger...  so my point stands

9 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Yeah, I always wonder what happens health-wise to the drunk guys you see on tv in bitter cold weather in places like Buffalo wearing nothing on their upper bodies other than paint.  I don't care how accustomed to cold weather you are, you just can't be outside for hours with nothing on in weather like that. 

Ever seen The Prestige? That’s what happens.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, oraphus said:

I remember one was a FA that didnt want to stay on his current team even though they tried to resign him (Brady), and the other was a Legit good vet qb with a big contract on a rebuilding team that was trying to get younger...  so my point stands

"if the team is trying to get rid of a supposed franchise QB = something is wrong with him." This point?  Matt Stafford wants to talk to you.

My point is you can't make a blanket statement about every QB.

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Rook said:

"if the team is trying to get rid of a supposed franchise QB = something is wrong with him." This point?  Matt Stafford wants to talk to you.

My point is you can't make a blanket statement about every QB***

*** Except if they are signed by Washington 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

Brain Games Marsaimartin GIF by National Geographic Channel

Is it safe to say you can add those two to the list of the 4 busts for this year. And that all 6 teams were screwed by them this year 2022. How about all the busts Washington has had. You want another do over?

35 minutes ago, The Rook said:

My point is you can't make a blanket statement about every QB.

Matt's not doing a lot of talking right now while the Rams were one of the sorriest last place teams.

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

Your "point" was ludicrously week (at best). And your follow up doesn't help it.

Wentz was given up on by two organizations who clearly wanted him gone, Mayfield was paid to go away and Ryan was an aging, fading QB who went to a team who's OL was falling apart.  If you're using those three as an argument for how it's a bad idea to acquire vets, you really don't deserve to be taken seriously. 

And then responding to the point about the previous two SB winners being vet acquisitions by arguing those are okay because apparently circumstances and context matter when you think it helps your argument... well, let's just call that... silly.

But, you know, Russell Wilson had a bad year, so, I guess....

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952bt86a97qb55lxs5apfa

• Like 1