Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, dc1 said:

~Man I don't know, I've heard that the deal is almost done, I've heard that he would absolutely not sell the team to this one person and I've heard he might not sell at all.~

The first two scenarios could both be true at the same time. 

I think if Snyder has a say in it, which I'm pretty sure he does ... 

He's not selling to Bezos, even for an extra billion.

Snyder, being the vindictive prick that he is, will probably want to sell to the buyer who he thinks is most likely to do a horrible job. This is a good thing, because my guess is whoever Snyder picks to be the worst possible owner, will be the best possible owner. 

in soccer I believe your franchise can be relegated to a lower league if they do not perform. So whichever team he buys will be probably competing in the neighborhood beer league before long.

Nothing can make me happier than seeing Dan gone, but watching him then squander his 7 billion would certainly be fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Those selling, the fans might not have a choice. I don’t know anything about how the Premier League works though. 

I don't think they get a choice either but I think they could persuade themselves to break some **** if they don't like him. I don't know how most english clubs are set up. I do remember in Welcome to Wrexham the team was run by the town and they had an opportunity to vote on whether Ryan Reynolds and Rob Maclehany could buy the team.  I believe it was 90% percent yes. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

It's funny how Major Turd (Dan Snyder) and Major Tuddy are never in the same room together.

Dan: “I say, I got to dress like Porky Pig to get some positive attention around these parts.”

Tanya “This won’t be a huge acting role for you. Just be yourself. Also, remember, don’t diddle the kids.” 

10 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I heard it from a guy on a message board, from a guy who said it on Twitter, from a person he knows that is his coworker that got this info from the lead engineer. I just want to have my story straight ….haha….all jokes, not picking on you. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Dan: “I say, I got to dress like Porky Pig to get some positive attention around these parts.”

Tanya “This won’t be a huge acting role for you. Just be yourself. Also, remember, don’t diddle the kids.” 

I heard it from a guy on a message board, from a guy who said it on Twitter, from a person he knows that is his coworker that got this info from the lead engineer. I just want to have my story straight ….haha….all jokes, not picking on you. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I don't buy that he's not selling.

You don't announce you are shopping the team AND declare yourself British citizen a la Michael Scott-Bankruptcy Declaration, if you aren't moving on.

the office bankrupcy GIF

This.

11 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

The politics of it are interesting.  Virginia played hardball with Dan I gather in part because they knew he had no options in DC or the National Harbor area in MD.

But if Dan goes, there seems to be a good chance that DC and maybe Maryland might be more open and in turn Virginia less attractive.  

We don't want Virginia IMO to be too aggressive right now because supposedly part of the reason Dan wants out is the struggles with the stadium quest.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The politics of it are interesting.  Virginia played hardball with Dan I gather in part because they knew he had no options in DC or the National Harbor area in MD.

But if Dan goes, there seems to be a good chance that DC and maybe Maryland might be more open and in turn Virginia less attractive.  

The only options that would make sense would be national harbor (yes no metro access, but on the beltway) or RFK (hard with federal involvement).  

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The only options that would make sense would be national harbor (yes no metro access, but on the beltway) or RFK (hard with federal involvement).  

Trying to recall the obstacles with National Harbor, if I recall the tract of land in play had some environmental concerns-work needed to be done and federal approval or something like that

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Far and away my first wish is for RFK.  Make it a year round destination.  I want the stadium built around the same field.  

If not there, somewhere in SE near Nats park.  

If not there, National Harbor.  Really don’t want them in Virginia.  Even Fed Ex Field is just outside the City.    

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We don't want Virginia IMO to be too aggressive right now because supposedly part of the reason Dan wants out is the struggles with the stadium quest.

just throwing this out there for consideration 

George Allen is a big deal in VA politics and was mentor to or otherwise friendly with people in the youngkin admin. 

Everything went south when Dan went after Bruce Allen. 

This is them giving Dan the middle finger on his way out the room. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tshile said:

just throwing this out there for consideration 

George Allen is a big deal in VA politics and was mentor to or otherwise friendly with people in the youngkin admin. 

Everything went south when Dan went after Bruce Allen. 

This is them giving Dan the middle finger on his way out the room. 

Bruce Allen. 

• Confused 1

The thing stadiums are doing nowadays are being built as the center of a 365 day a year facility with shops, stores, movie theaters, etc.

That ensures a constant revenue stream and can make up for some of the cost of the stadium (initial and maintenance).

If the Commanders are smart they would be researching ways to accomplish that. I’m not sure DC proper/RFK site could accommodate that. But there may be a spot somewhere in there. And if there is it is my preference.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The thing stadiums are doing nowadays are being built as the center of a 365 day a year facility with shops, stores, movie theaters, etc.

That ensures a constant revenue stream and can make up for some of the cost of the stadium (initial and maintenance).

If the Commanders are smart they would be researching ways to accomplish that. I’m not sure DC proper/RFK site could accommodate that. But there may be a spot somewhere in there. And if there is it is my preference.

I think that was the idea behind the Woodbridge location. No metro access there is a deal breaker for me though, public transportation is necessary for a stadium.

If there was a way to fit it in with Nats Park and Audi field that would be great. 

52 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The current plan for RFK includes mixed use development without the stadium, so if they we’re to build it there the surrounding area, including old DC general Hospital site, would have retail/housing kinda like the area around Nats park.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

The current plan for RFK includes mixed use development without the stadium, so if they we’re to build it there the surrounding area, including old DC general Hospital site, would have retail/housing kinda like the area around Nats park.

I'm sure that would be the plan almost anywhere the stadium gets built. It's rare to just build an isolated concrete bowl anymore.

The issue might be whether the RFK site is big enough to do all that *and* have a stadium. I don't know that the politics would be as big a problem if Bezos gets the team. He (and his money) could make it happen. The other potential owners might have more trouble.

Of all the mooted sites other than RFK, the Dulles one makes the most sense from the modern stadium perspective. It's overall the wealthiest part of the DC area, growing quickly, and doesn't have any "destination" sites nearby. It also now has Metro access, along with freeway access that is *not* the perpetually gridlocked I-95.

Edited by profusion

Michael Phillips said yesterday (on Sheehan’s show), that it’s his understanding that there are three primary new ownership prospects in the running. 

- Bezos Group

- Clearlake Capital Group (Jose Feliciano & Behdad Eghbail)

- Byron Allen

Said he’d give the advantage to Bezos, but it’s not 50/50.  Sounds like still a close race, based on his sources.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

Michael Phillips said yesterday (on Sheehan’s show), that it’s his understanding that there are three primary new ownership prospects in the running. 

- Bezos Group

- Clearlake Capital Group (Jose Feliciano & Behdad Eghbail)

- Byron Allen

Said he’d give the advantage to Bezos, but it’s not 50/50.  Sounds like still a close race, based on his sources.

Bezos or Allen please. Red flags all over the Clearlake Group

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1