Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-exploring-possible-commanders-sale-first-round-of-bidding-process-closes-at-end-of-week/

Dan Snyder exploring possible Commanders sale: First round of bidding process closes at end of week

Washington announced Nov. 2 that Dan and Tanya Snyder had hired Bank of America Securities to "consider potential transactions"

The first round of the bidding process for the sale of all, some, or potentially none of the Washington Commanders closes at the end of this week, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

The Commanders announced Nov. 2 that Dan and Tanya Snyder had hired Bank of America Securities to "consider potential transactions." Though the team hasn't confirmed whether it's for part of the team or the entire franchise, league sources have indicated for weeks that it's likely for the entire team.

A Commanders spokesperson declined a request for comment Monday night.

League sources have estimated the full franchise would sell between $5.5 and $6.5 billion, far eclipsing the previous NFL record set by the Walton-Penner group when it purchased the Denver Broncos for $4.65 billion. Wise bidders would also need to have earmarked another $500 to $900 million to help fund a new stadium that would surely come following new ownership.

At the NFL league meetings last week in Texas, commissioner Roger Goodell said he doesn't know whether Snyder will sell the entire team.

"I don't have any expectations on that," Goodell said Wednesday. "Dan's statement that he put out said he was exploring that. And we will continue to work with him on that."

Mary Jo White, the former chairwoman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, continues her probe into Snyder and allegations of both sexual assault and financial improprieties with the team. The league has said there's no timetable for White's investigations to conclude. Snyder has denied allegations of wrongdoing.

The Washington Post reported last week that the investment bank was "moving forward with the process" for Snyder to consider offers.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has expressed interest in the club, and he's thought to be partnering with Jay Z, according to sources. CBS Sports has previously reported Bezos' interest, as well as interest from Mat Ishbia, Joshua Harris and Byron Allen.

The Post reported that other bidders could include Clearlake Capital co-founders Behdad Eghbali and Jose E. Feliciano, as well as Todd L. Boehly.

Bezos has the deepest pockets of any interested bidder, plus a footprint in D.C. with his ownership of The Washington Post. But that exact ownership could stand in the way of Snyder ever selling to Bezos.

Any sale of the team — for part or all — would have to be approved by three-quarters of all NFL team owners.

The NFL has shown an interest recently in diversifying ownership groups. The Walton-Penner group is led by Wal Mart heirs and executives that needed no financial help to acquire the Broncos. Still, the group added limited partners including Condoleezza Rice and Mellody Hobson.

"The NFL member clubs support the important goal of increasing diversity among ownership," read a joint statement from all NFL teams in the spring. "Accordingly, when evaluating a prospective ownership group of a member club pursuant to League policies, the membership will regard it as a positive and meaningful factor if the group includes diverse individuals who would have a significant equity stake in and involvement with the club, including serving as the controlling owner of the club."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TK said:

Mary Jo White, the former chairwoman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, continues her probe into Snyder and allegations of both sexual assault and financial improprieties with the team. The league has said there's no timetable for White's investigations to conclude. Snyder has denied allegatio

Unfounded conspiracy theory: owners are holding this back to keep Snyder from being Snyder and not selling.

• Thumb up 1

This is a straight out Rumor so take it FWIW, they were talking on The Junkies this morning and EB explained he overheard that Snyder is packing it up, moving to London, the deal with Bezo is done and DC is even giving permission to use the old RFK site.  Again, its only a RUMOR!  They then went on to discuss why we aren't hearing a lot about other potential buyers leaked.  Who knows....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This is a straight out Rumor so take it FWIW, they were talking on The Junkies this morning and EB explained he overheard that Snyder is packing it up, moving to London, the deal with Bezo is done and DC is even giving permission to use the old RFK site.  Again, its only a RUMOR!  They then went on to discuss why we aren't hearing a lot about other potential buyers leaked.  Who knows....

If true, I will call it a Christmas and be very, very merry indeed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It's a shame that our friends across the pond will have to deal with the likes of Snyder...if this is true. I wouldn't foist him upon any country except Russia, where Snyder wouldn't last long and would likely die suspiciously with seven bullet holes in his back which would be then declared a suicide.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's a shame that our friends across the pond will have to deal with the likes of Snyder...if this is true. I wouldn't foist him upon any country except Russia, where Snyder wouldn't last long and would likely die suspiciously with seven bullet holes in his back which would be then declared a suicide.

London is probably my favorite city in the world.  Even Dan I don't think can bring that city down. 

11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Where he'll be telling everyone about how he's been a fan of one of their teams since he was 5 years old and his daddy gave him a team belt buckle.

As a Liverpool fan, I'd love to see him buy a team in London.  Wonder though what team would go on sale, Chelsea was just bought. He'd bring name that football (soccer) team to its knees in no time. 

Sheehan this morning said he again is hearing from every source in the know that he talks to that Dan is genuinely proceeding with selling the team.  All of it, no partial. 

Sheehan isn't concerned about Breer's report that this could be a head fake.  Sheehan said in response.

A.  no one is going to build him a stadium. 

B.  he has to pay off a big loan

C.  His family wants him to sell 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting.   I wonder if he tries to buy Liverpool or Man United.

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/sports/washington-commanders/jeff-bezos-best-bet-to-regain-rfk-site-for-commanders

The Washington Commanders' return to RFK runs through Amazon. Jeff Bezos is the only one who can give enough to pry the team's former home from the federal government while also appeasing city leaders and nearby residents.

The Commanders will be sold next year no matter the occasional story of owner Dan Snyder suffering seller's remorse. FedEx Field will be empty should Snyder renege on his exit.

Bank of America is currently delivering prospectus to bidders. Shouldn't need more than a half dozen copies and several of those are for looky-lous. BOA doesn't need to hire salespeople for this one. One person with a couple colored pens and notepad can handle inquiries.

Bezos is the top-ranked potential buyer, mostly because he has more money than practically anyone on the planet. That doesn't mean he's willing to grossly overpay, especially given the Seattle Seahawks should be on the market in 2024.

However, the NFL really wants Bezos as one of its partners after inking a Thursday night game deal with the latter's Prime network. Bezos can make a major-market team like Washington into a bigger money-maker than Seattle.

And, Bezos may be the best bidder to regain the RFK site because that won't be about money. It's about commercial development of the city's eastern gateway that has waterfront and mass transit to supersize its worth. It's about giving the federal government something it wants for property that must be moved into the city's hands before being leased to a team owner.

Again, Bezos is the best person for that. Oh, there are other expected wealthy bidders like media mogul Byron Allen, multi-sports team owner Josh Harris and United Wholesale Mortgage CEO Mat Ishbia. However, those simply appear to be business opportunities whose spillover benefits stop at the stadium's border.

Bezos' far-reaching empire can entice both federal and local leaders into delivering the RFK grounds. First, Bezos trades a mountain, forest, desert or whatever for RFK's 190 acres. It has happened all too often between big companies and the government. The deal would then transfer the land's control to the District, which has unsuccessfully lobbied for it for years. Seems "pretty please" doesn't work anymore. The feds don't seem inclined to help the city so let Bezos grease the wheels.

As a side deal, Bezos gets city leaders to lease him the land. Well, not all of it. The way to make city leaders happy is to concede Reservation 13 and most of the parking lots to commercial and residential uses. The team should control the stadium's footprint and one parking lot. The rest becomes an entertainment district, housing and commercial venues.

You want more grocery stores? Bezos can open a Whole Foods and Amazon Fresh tomorrow. Need a Target, Costco or Walmart? Bezos can make that happen. Other prospective bidders can't.

These venues create jobs, fill residents' daily needs and make RFK an exciting neighborhood much like Nationals Park with the Navy Yard and Capital One Arena's revival of Chinatown.

Wait, one parking lot? Oh, the greatness of this site is transit, not tailgating. And, that benefits the District even more. In the Redskins' glory days, massive amounts of fans ate brunch downtown and jumped onto the metro before games. That means money across the city. And, there can be two metro stops at RFK so it won't be overwhelmed.

Sorry tailgaters, your time is nearing an end. And, that's OK. It's a worthy trade for the team returning to town with equal access to Virginia and Maryland. Besides, parking would easily cost $100 per game.

District leaders knew Snyder's stadium plan would only profit the owner. Bezos can spread the wealth to get politicians' attention. That's why he's the best candidate to own the team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Is it me or would Commanders sound less stoopid with that backdrop?  Nah, it's me, still awful.

We could just stop calling them that and wipe all Commanders logos off merchandise. Essentially revert back to Washington Football and call it a day. The helmets can stay the same.

• Like 2

I would support this move back to Washington Football Team but you have to toss the Waste Management, Power Point WordArt "W".  

Instead, I would suggest the move back to that name opens up toy box as far as logos concerned with the seat of Democracy.  One week could be the Don't Tread On Me, could have the Capitol Dome, anything Washington related is open at that point because I think, but could be wrong, you can change decals on helmets all day, they are just now up to two helmets from one.

Edited by RFK Lives

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Interesting.   I wonder if he tries to buy Liverpool or Man United.

I hope united.   But I doubt Dan has designs on  a Premier League team.  But if he did, I doubt he could survive for long with either franchise for long without a major fan revolt.    If either fan base googled Dan, the revolt would start as soon as his name is mentioned as a prospective buyer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

We could just stop calling them that and wipe all Commanders logos off merchandise. Essentially revert back to Washington Football and call it a day. The helmets can stay the same.

Helmets gotta stay the same. Really nailed it there even though the name and everything else is hit or miss.