Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I suspect they wouldn’t vote him out today but that’s just based on gut feels. If he pulls back on the sale then I would look for them to make his life a living hell with regards to the money he owes back, no funding from the league for stadium, etc. Im not sure I see them voting him out but hopefully it doesn’t get to that point. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I just can't help but think that Snyder must have some really serious dirt on Goodell, like pics of Goodell dressed up like the gimp in Pulp Fiction.

Why else would Goofball say that all the changes the 'Manders made have already been done, and that's all the league wanted. Changing the culture now doesn't erase the 20+ years of sexual harassment that happened before, and Goofball knows it...Snyder still has to face the music for all of that!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Exactly why I won't be upset if the giants win. I want the best for the players and coaching staff, but big picture tells me winning is not beneficial to us long term. Stinks but I can't help but feel that way. 

That's why the safest long-term stance as a fan for a while now has been to root for failure. I know many people have their (legitimate) reasons to disagree with that (it's not the players' fault, winning is fun, etc.), but that's the quickest and safest path to a decent human being sitting atop the Washington NFL organization again. 

But, alas, every couple/few years the team goes on a winning streak that comes out of nowhere and isn't repeatable. In the past, those streaks have provided Snyder with just enough fan excitement and goodwill to stay afloat. I hope it either falls apart soon or doesn't change his course this time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's why the safest long-term stance as a fan for a while now has been to root for failure. I know many people have their (legitimate) reasons to disagree with that (it's not the players' fault, winning is fun, etc.), but that's the quickest and safest path to a decent human being sitting atop the Washington NFL organization again. 

But, alas, every couple/few years the team goes on a winning streak that comes out of nowhere and isn't repeatable. In the past, those streaks have provided Snyder with just enough fan excitement and goodwill to stay afloat. I hope it either falls apart soon or doesn't change his course this time.  

Why does everyone continue to think losing = Snyder selling? Nothing about the win/loss column is going to drive that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Why does everyone continue to think losing = Snyder selling? Nothing about the win/loss column is going to drive that.

I don't agree. But I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I don't personally believe that losing = selling. I think Snyder had come to terms with selling and the middling product over his tenure here was baked into that decision. I do believe that a dramatic shift to winning could change his thought process. If he believed that the team was standing on the precipice of greatness, I think he's just egotistical enough to change his mind and want to be a part of that.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

General line of thinking on that is folks want zero reason for him to change his mind.  Such a fickle and petty man as Snyder, who knows what could drive such a decision.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

General line of thinking on that is folks want zero reason for him to change his mind.  Such a fickle and petty man as Snyder, who knows what could drive such a decision.  

The last thing the other owners want is for Snyder to start winning. They wouldn't be able to make him the butt of all their jokes any more, and we know that spoiled billionaires can't have that, can they?

Maybe they'd be more willing to vote him out if the "Manders make the paloffs.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's more wishful thinking than realistic analysis, though. If the team goes 7-9-1 it's not gonna have anymore of an effect on Snyder selling than if it goes 10-6-1. If anything, I could see him wanting to go out on a high note (relatively speaking)...selling the team after making the playoffs with a pretty decent roster would allow him to say "I left the team in good shape" and take some credit for whatever success may come under the next owner. Selling the team after going 2-15 pretty much solidifies him as the worst owner, a label he's been trying to fight off.

• Like 2

Snyder's issues go well beyond the play on the field and a winning team isn't going to change the reasons for why he is being pushed out.  I do sort of wonder if in Snyder's head, if he sees the team winning and potential to be a bigger contender next season.....does he try to drag out the process longer in order to possibly escape with a trophy.

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Snyder's issues go well beyond the play on the field and a winning team isn't going to change the reasons for why he is being pushed out.  I do sort of wonder if in Snyder's head, if he sees the team winning and potential to be a bigger contender next season.....does he try to drag out the process longer in order to possibly escape with a trophy.

Honestly, I think this winning is helping him sell the team. If we were peddling around 3 wins, it'd be hard to sell this as an up and coming franchise. Wed be just a laughing stock, even more so than we are now because of the on the field would be bad. But now he can leave saying he turned things around. True or not he can say it and sell with his head higher saying he was forced out. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Snyder is gonna win the SB and then sell....Disney will make a movie about him after this magical season. Mark Wahlberg will play TH, Charlie Sheen will play Dan Snyder.

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Snyder is gonna win the SB and then sell....Disney will make a movie about him after this magical season. Mark Wahlberg will play TH, Charlie Sheen will play Dan Snyder.

Nope!

This guy will play Dan Snyder:

image.gif.efb4a9ebb0c163207b33127b72c80e48.gif

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now that is funny - good one.  Might I suggest Paul Giamatti for Commander Dan?

trust me come on paul giamatti GIF by Billions

Too funny - someone else was suggesting Giamatti as I was writing my post.  Great minds ...

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The last thing the other owners want is for Snyder to start winning. They wouldn't be able to make him the butt of all their jokes any more, and we know that spoiled billionaires can't have that, can they?

Maybe they'd be more willing to vote him out if the "Manders make the paloffs.

Yeah, but we know they don't want to have to do it.

So watch our next referring crews and how our games are officiated. That should tell us what the real position of owners is.