Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

10 hours ago, Conn said:

I mean, I can kind of see it now that there’s a realistic belief that he won’t own the team next season. Not before now, but now—sure. I wouldn’t, the place is a dump. 

Some people just enjoy rooting for the team in person.  I have mine up ages ago. But I’m not going to question or shame anybody who finds it enjoyable.  

I’ve also heard they’ve done as good a job as possible with what they’ve had to work with over the last couple of years.  And the fans that go enjoy themselves.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Their families either don't know or they don't think there's anything wrong with it, which is likely the case with Tanya regarding the latter. She's an enabler who like Snyder sees the fan base as a bunch of rubes who can be taken advantage of...caveat emptor!

There is like a .0000001% percent chance his kids aren't the same way. I mean how could they not be?  The Snyders bully wait staff and other low level employees when they go to dinner or a hotel. There are countless accounts of such behavior.  The kids see this and think this is perfectly normal behavior.  

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Amazing how ol' Weather Vane Wallach changed his tune completely when it became clear that the League was done with the little man.

What was his position before?  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

The next league meeting falls in December around the time we have our bye week. I hope we have some tangible news by then on the sale progress.

I read something at Riggorag that Bezos won’t make a bid until January.

Don’t know if that was current though.

I think it will be late spring before team changes hands.

I think that Dallas game will be a sellout since it could be the last Game under Dan. 

48 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What was his position before?  

After the Irsay diatribe, this dude was in full Matlock mode, explaining how and why our little man had the upper hand and, legally, how he could beat any attempt by the League to force him out. Almost read like he was being paid to lay out those arguments, to scare off action by the owners.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Conn said:

I mean, I can kind of see it now that there’s a realistic belief that he won’t own the team next season. Not before now, but now—sure. I wouldn’t, the place is a dump. 

That first game though Snyder no longer owns the team? I'll buy a Jon Allen jersey and tailgate all goddamned day. I will tap dance on the mother ****ers grave.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Amazing how ol' Weather Vane Wallach changed his tune completely when it became clear that the League was done with the little man.

He’s a gambling law expert. He’s good in that area. He also got noticed during deflategate so he gets invited to shows to talk about anything nfl related but this in not his area of expertise. 

• Like 1

Nobody will partner with Snyder. He's high risk and wants top dollar. Can't have both as one scenario cancels the other out in leveraged high stakes negotiations.

Snyder is left with stretching the bid, bottle necking bidders, increasing momentum to maximize his ROI. If he pulls it off the sale price will be +7 Billion. Sales like this happen rarely but can spur others to sell. Similar to the WR market we watched explode. DEN sold. Seattle is on the horizon. Snyder can control the timing and momentum for awhile but our current society isn't going to allow him to hold it after the announcement to sell and the world wide demand for him to do so.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I read something at Riggorag that Bezos won’t make a bid until January.

Don’t know if that was current though.

I think it will be late spring before team changes hands.

I think that Dallas game will be a sellout since it could be the last Game under Dan. 

I don’t think anybody will make a bid h til January because I doubt the data room with all the financials and other docs is ready yet and then it takes some time to review the information, determine your valuation, write up the official legal documents and submit them.  

2 months after sale announcement is actually pretty aggressive for a business of this size.  Which is why I think Jan is likely.  

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

That first game though Snyder no longer owns the team? I'll buy a Jon Allen jersey and tailgate all goddamned day. I will tap dance on the mother ****ers grave.

Speaking of Jon Allen jerseys, they had the black one at Tysons today.  While I really think it looks Steeler-ish and don’t really think it’s “us” when the team rocks it on the field, it actually did look sweet in the store.  My son is dead set he wants it for Xmas.  He’s 15 and his friends think the black jerseys are killer.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Speaking of Jon Allen jerseys, they had the black one at Tysons today.  While I really think it looks Steeler-ish and don’t really think it’s “us” when the team rocks it on the field, it actually did look sweet in the store.  My son is dead set he wants it for Xmas.  He’s 15 and his friends think the black jerseys are killer.

I weep for the future...😓

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I weep for the future...😓

Fact of the matter is, this team has generally been nothing but bad - both on the field and off of it, for the entirety of my 15 year olds life.  They have no glory day memories to draw from like we do.  Beyond that, this team has lacked any real star power for his whole life, minus one season of RG3.  I’ve taken him to a few games and we did a few Redskins Rides events when he was younger, and he enjoyed them but the interest never seemed to carry over to wanting to watch the games on Sundays.  

To add to this, for the first time in many years - I noticed several Commanders jerseys being worn by younger folks at the mall today in Tysons.  A lot of Terry jerseys.  The clerk at the store with all the jerseys and memorabilia said the black jerseys have been flying off the rack, more than any other Commanders gear.

While the rebrand fell flat for much of the old guard like ourselves, I think the newness is helping to garner some interest with the younger folks.  That said, these young kids also don’t have two decades of disdain for Dan Snyder and don’t even really recognize the significance of the owner.  They weren’t tuned in to see it rolled out with “we duh Commanduhz” on the Today Show followed by Disheveled Dan and Tanya’s ‘ta-dah’. A lot of the stuff that has disgusted us to the extent it impacts the way we absorb the team, these young kids don’t have that baggage.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah a lot of friends have reached out saying they love the black Jersey look. I personally don’t mind it, but I do hate the W on the front of the helmet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fact of the matter is, this team has generally been nothing but bad - both on the field and off of it, for the entirety of my 15 year olds life.  They have no glory day memories to draw from like we do.  Beyond that, this team has lacked any real star power for his whole life, minus one season of RG3.  I’ve taken him to a few games and we did a few Redskins Rides events when he was younger, and he enjoyed them but the interest never seemed to carry over to wanting to watch the games on Sundays.  

To add to this, for the first time in many years - I noticed several Commanders jerseys being worn by younger folks at the mall today in Tysons.  A lot of Terry jerseys.  The clerk at the store with all the jerseys and memorabilia said the black jerseys have been flying off the rack, more than any other Commanders gear.

While the rebrand fell flat for much of the old guard like ourselves, I think the newness is helping to garner some interest with the younger folks.  That said, these young kids also don’t have two decades of disdain for Dan Snyder and don’t even really recognize the significance of the owner.  They weren’t tuned in to see it rolled out with “we duh Commanduhz” on the Today Show followed by Disheveled Dan and Tanya’s ‘ta-dah’. A lot of the stuff that has disgusted us to the extent it impacts the way we absorb the team, these young kids don’t have that baggage.  

I don’t know man I’m 33 so I know none of the highs and all of the lows. I was 12 for the spurrier years. I knew Dan and Vinny for that matter we’re major issues by the time I was 14. That was with out my dad rambling on with Dan being a horrible guy.

I think your son is well aware of the big over arching issue of Dan. Now we don’t have the near as often ridiculously petty little things like Mike Nolan’s ice cream or the park ranger story that was constantly news when I was a young teenager 

Just now, Zim489 said:

I don’t know man I’m 33 so I know none of the highs and all of the lows. I was 12 for the spurrier years. I knew Dan and Vinny for that matter we’re major issues by the time I was 14. That was with out my dad rambling on with Dan being a horrible guy.

I think your son is well aware of the big over arching issue of Dan. Now we don’t have the near as often ridiculously petty little things like Mike Nolan’s ice cream or the park ranger story that was constantly news when I was a young teenager 

I can promise you that my son nor his friends care an iota about the owner, and how any owner truly impacts the team.  When I talk about it, I might as well be lecturing them about wearing a coat when it’s 20 degrees.

They simply aren’t that into the nuts and bolts.  They like to play Madden, see big plays, etc.  They aren’t old and boring enough yet to join forums and discuss front office structures and roster makeup.  

I’m not saying there aren’t some younger kids who are immersed in it to the extent they care about all that stuff, but I don’t think that’s the majority.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Got a son younger than yours but close to that range.  Ditto.  I had to explain to him that Dan sucks.

He loves the black jerseys.  I gather its cool to hate the black jerseys on the board but I don't -- i like them too.

If I had to pick two things lacking about getting the youth to dig this team -- granted small sample for me, my kids, relative kids, etc.

A.  Winning.

B. Lack of star power

RG3 was great for what it was in 2012.  But not having that national star that people talk about IMO has hurt.  Disney is a fun sort of sample in my view of the football world fandom because fans come from all over the country and I have gone regularly to Disney with my kids forever.  And people like to wear football jerseys in Disney for whatever reason.  

In 2012, a ton of RG3 jerseys.  But over the years you very rarely see any Washington jersey.  you'd see over the years Barkley, Beckham, Lamar, Josh Allen, Rodgers, etc

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I don't like the blackout look generally, but the black jersey and helmet look better than the rest of the **** Tanya designed. Coupled with the white pants, it wouldn't be a bad look for a full-on rebrand that wasn't trying to stay connected to the Redskins and wasn't named "Commanders." For me, the similarity to the Steelers' look is the worst problem.

Just now, profusion said:

For me, the similarity to the Steelers' look is the worst problem.

Same here, it definitely looks like an alternate Steelers jersey.

But to be honest, they actually looked really good in the store.  Better than they look on TV.

For the younger generation though, they don’t really care about whether it looks like a Steelers jersey or not, they just think it looks cool.  That’s been a long standing problem for this franchise, looking cool that is.  🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Same here, it definitely looks like an alternate Steelers jersey.

But to be honest, they actually looked really good in the store.  Better than they look on TV.

For the younger generation though, they don’t really care about whether it looks like a Steelers jersey or not, they just think it looks cool.  That’s been a long standing problem for this franchise, looking cool that is.  🤣

The "cool" factor IMO is a big problem.  I used to make that point including in the context of my kids in the previous FO thread.

i don't think the fan polls showing Vinny > Bruce stuff is crazy.  Fans think both suck, as do I.  But with Vinny-Dan combo they were bad but not as boring albiet with some doze of sleaze.  With Bruce-Dan they made them boring and even worse and even sleazier.

Odell Beckham said when he left the Giants that he thought he helped save that franchise by keeping them relevant.  I think he's right.  Giants stunk but Beckham was still the talk of the league at the time.

This team has had no sexy appeal to fans, especially younger fans.  Among Dan's many sins is he took a team with major national appeal, an attraction to national TV audiences, etc -- to being irelevant, no one cares to talk about this team except for Dan's scandals. 

I take my kids to road games just about every year and they can see how trash Fedex and the game day experence is compared to the league.  I know the excuse supposedly is hey Dan inherited the stadium, etc.  Still he could have upgraded it like the Dolphins did for example and add some panache to the gameday experience.   He's been cheap with all of that.  Heck multiple games I've been at other stadiums they gave prizes to EVERY fan -- bobble heads, towels, you name it.  Not that I care about that personally but its just one example -- when Fedex does it, its "limited" typically.  in other words, they don't want to spend money like other teams do.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sort of a depressing watch, they don't think Dan plans to sell.  They shared another story about how Dan is a weirdo-arrogant in person.

Doesn’t matter. Dan refuses to sell, the nfl will vote him out. Yeah, it would delay thing but no way nfl let’s Dan keep the team.

• Like 4