Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Just got an alert from ESPN that the investigation into Snyder/Commanders by Congress will end in 2023.

Without making it political, because my question has zero to do with that, can someone tell me what this means for him selling?

That doesn’t ease the burden to sell, right? Just takes some heat off of him and the franchise from a federal law perspective?

Nothing. He knew this was extremely likely when he made the announcement to sell the team and retained BofA.  

If this result was playing into his decision making, he would have waited until the results of the election to retain an investment Bank to sell the team. And then knowing the election results he would just have sat pat.

The fact he did it when he did it knowing the congressional investigation was likely ending in Jan tells you everything you need to know. 

He’s selling unless they DC AG has pissed him off so much he digs his heals in to go scorched earth just because he’s being an emotional, irrational ass hat. 

• Like 2

So the initial theory that he may only be selling a minority stake had legs after all. What a gut punch that would have been.  Even with a deal to let the new owner take control eventually most of us were not willing to wait for that.  

This situation put people like me who have abandoned the team as long as Snyder owns it in a precarious position.  He's out but not yet, he still owns the team and when they win he wins.

As I watched the Eagles game I found myself rooting for the team again. I guess the best way I can describe it is I'm back, but I'm sleeping in another bedroom. I won't be fully invested until this stain on humanity is officially gone.  

• Like 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Sheehan quoting an article this morning  from the Sports Journal, I looked for that article but can't find it -- the article said that digging around their theory is that Dan might just be slow playing the other owners pretending to sell, and his goal is to find a minority partner -- though they said he might struggle to find said minority partner. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan quoting an article this morning  from the Sports Journal, I looked for that article but can't find it -- the article said that digging around their theory is that Dan might just be slow playing the other owners pretending to sell, and his goal is to find a minority partner -- though they said he might struggle to find said minority partner. 

I think you'd have to be a real idiot to get into bed with Snyder. Won't surprise me to find out there's a billionaire dumber than Dan out there. 

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think you'd have to be a real idiot to get into bed with Snyder. Won't surprise me to find out there's a billionaire dumber than Dan out there. 

Yeah this other story if true feeds the WP story that Dan's original intention wasn't to sell the whole team -- but hopefully they are right and he's realized now that he needs to do that and sell it all

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The NFL doesn't have to let him get away with it, if that's the case. 

Anyway, he's going to need a lot of money to build a stadium. Probably more than a minority partner or two are going to be willing to put up. I'd guess that the stadium funds would approach the total value of the franchise. I'm not sure how Dan raises that much, since he's already in hock to the league and the local governments want nothing to do with him.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

Just got an alert from ESPN that the investigation into Snyder/Commanders by Congress will end in 2023.

Without making it political, because my question has zero to do with that, can someone tell me what this means for him selling?

That doesn’t ease the burden to sell, right? Just takes some heat off of him and the franchise from a federal law perspective?

Should have no impact.  He can’t close that bottle now. He refuses to sell; owners will vote him out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here it is:

SBJ Football: Is Jeff Bezos driving down interest in Commanders? (sportsbusinessjournal.com)

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My problem with this theory is the venn diagram of people with enough money that it would actually help Snyder out, but not enough that they couldn't get in as part of a much better ownership group on a full sale bid seems like it would be pretty small.  Unless he's gonna line up 10 small fish, which apparently the NFL would have to approve, so if they don't like it, it won't happen.

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

My problem with this theory is the venn diagram of people with enough money that it would actually help Snyder out, but not enough that they couldn't get in as part of a much better ownership group on a full sale bid seems like it would be pretty small.  Unless he's gonna line up 10 small fish, which apparently the NFL would have to approve, so if they don't like it, it won't happen.

A minority owner billionaire is going to be hard to find considering Snyder's toxicity. It would be like the National Organization of Women partnering with Harvey Weinstein.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I find it hard to believe the league will give Snyder 24 votes to approve any minority ownership. He's selling the whole damn thing. 

Yep I find it hard to believe the league will give Synder anything other than a boot up the arse on the way out of the door.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Contrary to what Gutman said, I think the AG's actions have facilitated rather than stalled a full-scale sale. They effectively eliminated any possible chance that anyone would hitch up with the little man as a minority partner. Too much potential liability. And that lame brain letter that the team sent out about those deposits.......saying we contacted you already but you didn't respond.........who in the Wide World of Sports drafted that? The Law Offices of Lamont Sanford? Come on, man. GTFOH.

Edited by skinzplay
Need to add this: The Team President can't play dumb here. The League was once predisposed to encouraging a future ownership group (it WILL be a group) to keep him in some capacity. Not anymore. He's gone, and should be.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3