Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're gonna have Bezo/JayZ as owners, Sean Payton as HC and Lamar at QB next year and a new stadium in a couple years.

Worst to First happens in the NFL all the time, but this will be glorious. Like Joe Gibbs riding a Phoenix. 

I really don’t see Jeffrey Lurie selling anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're gonna have Bezo/JayZ as owners, Sean Payton as HC and Lamar at QB next year and a new stadium in a couple years.

Worst to First happens in the NFL all the time, but this will be glorious. Like Joe Gibbs riding a Phoenix. 

giphy (36).gif

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It is not a smart negotiation move to eliminate one of the few people with $7 billion from a bidding process out of spite. 

"Smart" and "Snyder" dont belong in the same hemisphere, let alone same sentence...there's truth to us turning down the possible trade haul from Kirk to SF because of Snyder not wanting to deal with Kyle, I believe it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, profusion said:

I'm not in favor of the new owner firing everyone down to cooleyfan93 and the cafeteria staff on day one. Snyder did that, and the organization never really recovered. 

There are undoubtedly some good people who know what needs to be done, and they should be empowered, not fired.

First step is to hire new GM and probably new head of business ops, and let them evaluate and make the decisions on a timeline that makes sense.

Exactly.  Good management regardless of the type of work empowers, not dictates.  I have concerns about Bezo and JayZ coming in here making decisions like they know football.  Like giving Lamar J. 200 million guaranteed with no online and letting Payne and Sweat walk for nothing.  Need to hire a football smart GM and stay the **** out.   

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, profusion said:

I'm not in favor of the new owner firing everyone down to cooleyfan93

Can we compromise on just firing specifically cooleyfan93? I’m sorry but the ES contingent can’t budge on this critical issue. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Alright, alright, alright! 

Dear god please let them offer Dan Snyder so much money he can't refuse.

Bezos, Jay Z, McConaughey.... can you imagine the cachet we'd have? The players and coaches we would attract? The league buzz?

We would be THE absolute marquee franchise in the NFL!!

I would celebrate almost as hard as I did for the Caps Stanley Cup win if this happened!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Shouldn’t this end the “Snyder won’t sell to Bezos” talk considering McConaughey is said to be good friends with Snyder? 

Snyder will sell to the highest bidder. If Bezos offers an extra billion over and above the other bidders there's no way Snyder declines. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Alright, alright, alright!

Actor Matthew McConaughey is joining the Jeff Bezos/Jay-Z-led contingency vying to buy the Washington Commanders from embattled owner Dan Snyder, a source told The Post.

“Matthew has always been a huge fan and his ties with the team go way back,” the source sad. “They support his foundation and he’s good pals with Dan Snyder — he and [supermodel wife Camilla Alves] were on Dan’s yacht over the Super Bowl last year.”

A rep for the “Magic Mike” actor was unavailable for comment.

A longtime fan of the Washington team — as a kid, the team’s star linebacker, Chris Hanburger had nearly the same name as his favorite food — the Texas native is also a co-owner of MLS’ Austin FC franchise.

The Bezos/Jay-Z bid is expected to come in January, The Post has previously reported, with the longtime friends set to join multiple suitors for the team.

Snyder, embroiled in multiple controversies, hired Bank of America Securities to help “consider possible transactions” last week in a potential first step toward selling the franchise. In recent months, he’s been at the center of allegations of sexual misconduct, a toxic workplace and his relationship with other owners.

Snyder purchased the team for $800 million in 1999. Forbes has pegged the Washington franchise value at $5.6 billion. A sale would likely break the NFL’s high-water mark, set by the Broncos’ $4.65 million sale last summer.Matthew McConaughey is a lifelong Washington football fan and friends with current owner Dan Snyder.

The star-studded bid could add another big name to its roster, with Nets superstar Kevin Durant — another longtime fan of the NFL team — also expressing interest in coming aboard.

“In a perfect world, I would be a part of it,” Durant said. “I would love to do it. I would love to give a little bit of my money to be a part of the Commanders, but we’ll see. Hopefully, it’s somebody nice. I heard [Amazon CEO Jeff] Bezos and Jay-Z, but you never know.”

https://nypost.com/2022/11/07/matthew-mcconaughey-joining-jeff-bezos-jay-z-commanders-bid/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1