Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Impatiently waiting for local media to acknowledge and react to the Jay Glazer report on Fox Sports yesterday. Are Glazer's sources usually accurate?

He's typically VERY accurate.  So its a good sign.  Sheehan said he will talk about ithat report.

The only pessimism I see is Mitch Tischler from Finlay's podcast thinks 60% chance it ends up just a minority sale and then along those lines Jerry Jones comments.  Also the Forbes guy who broke the story thinks the minority sale is in play as a possibility.  It seems like everyone else thinks the full sale is going down.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Impatiently waiting for local media to acknowledge and react to the Jay Glazer report on Fox Sports yesterday. Are Glazer's sources usually accurate?

“The other interesting part is the timeline,” Glazer said. “This is not going to be a long, drawn-out process. I’m told the hope is to have this done within the next six months and actually have it finalized by the NFL owner’s meetings next March.”

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, method man said:

Isn’t Josh Harris from the area? He’s probably a fan of the team and this is may be his dream team to own

He is.  Weird scenario for me considering my two favorite teams are the Commanders and Liverpool and I know a lot about both but granted more about this team. 

Liverpool is a franchise that has had a lot of success including recent success inspite of being outspent at times by City and Chelsea among other teams at certain junctures.  I gather Henry is selling because money rules in the premier league and the bigger spenders tend to win and its becoming more of an arms race over time.  Getting more expensive.

So its an interesting scenario.  Liverpool is cheaper and the brand isn't damaged one whit unlike this team.  But over time you might have to spend more as far as operating costs year after year to compete with some of the mideastern tycoons who are willing to spend a fortune to win in that league.  No cap in English football.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He is.  Weird scenario for me my two favorite teams are the Commanders and Liverpool. 

Liverpool is a franchise that has had a lot of success inspite of being outspent at times by City and Chelsea among other teams at certain junctures.  I gather Henry is selling because money rules in the premier league and the bigger spenders tend to win and its becoming more of an arms race over time.

So its an interesting scenario.  Liverpool is cheaper and the brand isn't damaged one whit unlike this team.  But over time you might have to spend more as far as operating cost year after year to compete with some of the mideastern tycoons who are willing to spend a fortune to win.  No cap in English football.

Sounds like the perfect team for a Saudi prince to buy

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, its a big time brand, they can really go to town with a club like that

Saudis already bought Newcastle though. My guess is that it is going to be someone from the US again.

As a European, I hate everything about this though. The football clubs should belong to the people. They have been essential as democratic institutions for over a century. Which is why I also sympathize with Green Bay to some degree - even though the setup is totally different in the US obviously.

I am just glad that investors are forbidden to have a majority stake in German football clubs and that the fans have a lot of influence.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

By constantly saying all billionaires have done bad things at some point, you and others are diluting the reality that some have clearly done worse then others.  

Agree to disagree since this isn't the tailgate, plenty of threads I've addressed this point in that part of the forum.

If Bezos buys the team, I may have no choice but take similar approach I took with Washington Post, cautious nervous and vigilant. We can do better.

I’m curious how one accumulates a billion dollars without handing out misfortune to others on the way there, aside from winning the lottery. 

What makes Dan unique is that he’s literally awful at everything, from business to who he is as a human being.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious how one accumulates a billion dollars without handing out misfortune to others on the way there, aside from winning the lottery. 

Bruh, that's a weak point, stop using it, please.  I'm not asking for a boy or girl scout to buy the team, folks like Bezos are on a different level then say Bill Gates, more in the Koch Brothers territory.  I really don't want to go any further on this in the stadium, is there a thread in the tailgate you'd like to continue this further?  Does Tailgate need one?

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What makes Dan unique is that he’s literally awful at everything, from business to who he is as a human being.

So there aren't any other billionaires that arent as well?  Having such a low bar is dangerous.

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Please, God, no.

You think I want to? **** no, I wish this thread could get an astrick so I can stop having the beat around the bush on this one to avoid getting banned, very frustrating...

Edited by Renegade7

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bruh, that's a weak point, stop using it, please.  I'm not asking for a boy or girl scout to buy the team, folks like Bezos are on a different level then say Bill Gates, more in the Koch Brothers territory.  I really don't want to go any further on this in the stadium, is there a thread in the tailgate you'd like to continue this further?  Does Tailgate need one?

So there aren't any other billionaires that arent as well?  Having such a low bar is dangerous.

It’s all good man, we can just end it here.  I’m not going to step down from this high to litigate which billionaire is better than the other, particularly when we have no control over who it’s going to be.  My point is not that all billionaires are created equal, just that generally speaking you have to crush the little man many times over in order to accumulate that kind of wealth in business.  Obviously there are levels to all this, but much of it isn’t even known by the general public, so outside of anyone truly egregious, it just doesn’t seem worth getting concerned about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Snyder and Rivera OUT.

Bezos and Sean Payton IN.

Commanders OUT.

Redwolves IN.

Sorted.

HTTRedwolves.

Sean Payton is still under contract with the Saints so no thanks. I'd also rather Bezos hire a President/GM and let that guy hire the Coach. Lets do things the right way for once.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s all good man, we can just end it here.  I’m not going to step down from this high to litigate which billionaire is better than the other, particularly when we have no control over who it’s going to be.  My point is not that all billionaires are created equal, just that generally speaking you have to crush the little man many times over in order to accumulate that kind of wealth in business.  Obviously there are levels to all this, but much of it isn’t even known by the general public, so outside of anyone truly egregious, it just doesn’t seem worth getting concerned about.

I'm game to stop, too, this ain't the place, I want Snyder gone just as bad as anyone else here.

It is possible to be trading one controversial figure for another, it's one thing to not know, it's another thing to know and do it anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sean Payton is still under contract with the Saints so no thanks. I'd also rather Bezos hire a President/GM and let that guy hire the Coach. Lets do things the right way for once.

I don't see it being more than a 3rd round pick in my opinion, I would go all out for Payton, he's only 58 and could be our coach longterm. 

14 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Bezos isnt happening according to Peter King

• Snyder selling? I figured when word came down that the Washington owner had engaged Bank of America to investigate selling all or part of the team, it had to be a full sale. What wingnut would be dumb enough to invest, say, $1 billion or more to go into business as a minority partner with the worst owner in recent NFL history? Not so fast, I heard over the weekend. I kept hearing, If anyone buys a minority stake, there has to be a clear path to buy out Snyder—in a defined number of years. And, re: the hot candidate to buy the team, billionaire Jeff Bezos, I also heard this from a reliable executive well-versed on ownership matters: “It’ll never happen. Dan Snyder detests The Washington Post. No way he’d sell to the owner of that paper.”

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Bezos isnt happening according to Peter King

Snyder can kick and scream all he wants about Bezos buying the team, but in the end I don't think he's really going to have much of a say. Can Snyder really say no when Bezos is the highest bid?

If Bezos, Jay-Z and Kevin Durant led ownership buy put up $7b, and the next highest is $6.5b ... do you really think the owners are going to let Dan sell the team for $500m less just out of spite? Plus, Snyder hated the Post way before Bezos bought it.

• Like 4