Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

One thing helping the league accelerate the timetable is the recent sale of the Denver Broncos. With a reported five bidders going over $4 billion, the NFL has already vetted those people, and has an idea of who might be a series player for the Washington franchise, which will almost certainly break the $5 billion mark and set a record as the most valuable sports franchise sale ever.

Early speculation has focused on Amazon owner Jeff Bezos, who obviously has the cash to make the purchase.

However, Snyder may be hesitant to sell to Bezos because of his longtime feud with the Bezos-owned Washington Post.

The Post reported that Bezos, who has a home in the District, would have interest in buying the team, and could potentially partner with rapper Jay-Z on a bid.

Philadelphia 76ers co-owner Josh Harris is reportedly considering a bid in partnership with basketball legend and entrepreneur Magic Johnson.

Another bidder expected to be in the mix is Mat Ishbia, who owns a mortgage company and is a former basketball walk-on at Michigan State.

Byron Allen, a TV mogul, was also in on the Broncos and is expected to be a player for the Commanders.

While Ishbia and Allen are both billionaires, NFL rules will require the primary buyer to write a check for as much as $2 billion in equity, which could complicate the transaction.

The league could waive that rule, however, if it was an obstacle towards completing the transaction. The NFL will also have to account for the new buyer likely putting a substantial sum into a new stadium project in the D.C. area.

There is no indication that the investment won't pay off, though. The NFL has long-term revenue secure in the form of TV contracts, and a recent 10-year collective bargaining agreement with the players ensures labor peace in the years to come.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Snyder and Rivera OUT.

Bezos and Sean Payton IN.

Commanders OUT.

Redwolves IN.

Sorted.

HTTRedwolves.

you know, when I think of adding descriptors for wolves red is low on my list.  The two that come to mind are grey and dire.  But overall adding them doesn't do much for me. Like in hockey with the Golden Knights in Vegas or the Blue Jackets in Ohio

If they adjust the name I think something as simple as calling them the "DC Commanders" would make a big difference. Change up the logos and uniforms, make it more "hip and cool" with the DC representation instead of Washington (not that I dislike that, but it's a change that makes some sense) and I think it's received much better.

DC Commanders should a LOT better than Washington Commanders.

And I know the league may flop again, but the DC Commanders and the DC Defenders in the same city is kind of cool. 

14 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you know, when I think of adding descriptors for wolves red is low on my list.  The two that come to mind are grey and dire.  But overall adding them doesn't do much for me. Like in hockey with the Golden Knights in Vegas or the Blue Jackets in Ohio

I agree about golden knights and blue jackets but not redwolves for a few reasons. 

First off, syllables, it surprises me how many people don't consider that when choosing a preference because it's extremely important.

Redwolves has two, just like redskins and most other team names so it flows off the tongue well.

Second, it's a real animal, native to the area, a dire wolf is extinct and everybody would think you stole it from g.o.t. and blue jackets sounds like you wanted a bee theme and got confused about the color. 

Third, red is the color used as a descriptor in two of the most famous and historic franchises in sports, the redsox and the redwings, and it used to be the descriptor for 3, and we all know who that was.

There is absolutely no way to make everyone happy and truth be told I don't love redwolves, I don't love anything, I haven't had the time for that to happen, I just think it was the best of the options and I think the majority of fans did too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TChaler70 said:

Bezos isnt happening according to Peter King

He also said he won't sell the team, and he won't change the name, so .......

Would be hilarious if the NFL forces his hand to sell the team to Bezos, karma biting him again ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:
  • Snyder selling? I figured when word came down that the Washington owner had engaged Bank of America to investigate selling all or part of the team, it had to be a full sale. What wingnut would be dumb enough to invest, say, $1 billion or more to go into business as a minority partner with the worst owner in recent NFL history? Not so fast, I heard over the weekend. I kept hearing, If anyone buys a minority stake, there has to be a clear path to buy out Snyder—in a defined number of years. And, re: the hot candidate to buy the team, billionaire Jeff Bezos, I also heard this from a reliable executive well-versed on ownership matters: “It’ll never happen. Dan Snyder detests The Washington Post. No way he’d sell to the owner of that paper.”

Oh, he'll sell.  If Bezos is willing to fork over $7 billion, Snyder will sell.  I'm tired of hearing "Never".  Never change the name.  Never sell the team.  Never sell to Bezos.  It means zilch. 

Just to add: There is no way that Snyder has complete control over who the buyer is. The NFL will have a strong say so in this.  And they desperately want Bezos as an owner and for this "crown jewel" of a franchise to get right.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I said this at the time JL, I really like Dire Wolves, and Were-Wolves for that matter

King is also not the most plugged in guy. He’s a big “narrative” guy and the thing about narratives is that they change too slowly compared to the reality of the situation when new information is spun into the mix 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UK Skins said:

I said this at the time JL, I really like Dire Wolves, and Were-Wolves for that matter

Werewolves isn't bad, I like the way that flows, and a werewolf could make a pretty good logo.

I also like the way all the w's sound together. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Werewolves isn't bad, I like the way that flows, and a werewolf could make a pretty good logo.

I'm a huge fan of werewolves.  Hell, there's a cheesy movie from 1973 called "The Werewolf of Washington".  Maybe we could partner with Diplomat Pictures and get some imagery going on the big replay board?  🧐

teen wolf werewolf GIF

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

you and I and countless others were contemplating changing our diet to outlive Snyder, now you are complains about a few weeks. Suck it up. 😂 

Hahahah! The one change in diet will be not being served up a **** sandwich every Sunday! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Oh, he'll sell.  If Bezos is willing to fork over $7 billion, Snyder will sell.  I'm tired of hearing "Never".  Never change the name.  Never sell the team.  Never sell to Bezos.  It means zilch. 

Just to add: There is no way that Snyder has complete control over who the buyer is. The NFL will have a strong say so in this.  And they desperately want Bezos as an owner and for this "crown jewel" of a franchise to get right.  

I could see Dan settle for $6 billions in the current circumstances. League will pushed for it at the very least.

13 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm all in for werewolves. It checks the case that we are some bad guys within the NFL. Can make some good logo too and pretty unique. Let's bring some Heroic Fantasy within the NFL!

• Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You saying our team web site could start with WWW?

Or maybe www.WWW

Edited by Lovi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Everything Dan Snyder touches turns to **** whereas everything Bezos touches turns to Gold. The man literally flew himself to Space. What has Dan ever done besides try to ruin a Six Flags and Johnny Rockets? He's a ****ing buffoon.  

Buying out the minority owners has made him serious money. He’s about to land the biggest windfall on a sports organisation I believe. Maybe luck more than good judgement but from a pure monetary perspective, he’s about to make billions.

55 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If they adjust the name I think something as simple as calling them the "DC Commanders" would make a big difference. Change up the logos and uniforms, make it more "hip and cool" with the DC representation instead of Washington (not that I dislike that, but it's a change that makes some sense) and I think it's received much better.

DC Commanders should a LOT better than Washington Commanders.

And I know the league may flop again, but the DC Commanders and the DC Defenders in the same city is kind of cool. 

I said a couple of days back I’d like DC integrated into the name. I liked that during the rebrand. I agree, it’s kind of cool.

24 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Also, I hate giving snyder credit, but it's a smart negotiation tactic to drive u0 the price by saying "I'll never sale to that dude". It does nothing but drive the price up.

The Snyder/Bezos relationship was bound to be a talking point wasn’t it.

I personally don’t think Snyder gets full say, if Goodell and the league want Bezos, he’s getting the deal. Snyder is basically dead man walking with no where to go.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Dan fires Ron, who pays the rest of the salary?  New owner right?

Depends if the terminated contract is paid up when he’s fired or paid up over the next 2 season, in which case it’ll be a liability/creditor to be settled by the new owner in theory.