Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

@Zim489

Are we allowed to use that word here via your last post? :ols:

I've heard him talk about this multiple times, he has said if he's a betting man he doesn't think it ends up Bezos.  I am not saying he's right.  No way to know.  Just saying he's hit that point multiple times.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am listening to him on the radio he seems skeptical that Bezos ends up being the guy. 

Michael Phillips had a "lean" toward Byron Allen in his mentions although he didn't outright say it.  It'd make sense as the NFL really wants a black owner because of the shots they've been taking in general on minorities.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054546-report-byron-allen-to-bid-on-commanders-sale-would-be-1st-black-owner-in-nfl

In February, the 61-year-old Detroit native told Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press he was approached by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft about joining the Broncos discussions.

"[They] said: 'We need your help. We want to achieve an important goal, which is to have the first Black owner of an NFL team, which is something we haven't been able to achieve in 100 years,'" Allen said. "I said, 'I'm happy to help.'"

https://www.washingtonian.com/2023/01/17/who-will-end-up-buying-the-washington-commanders-a-guide-to-potential-owners/

Last year, he was a bidder for the Denver Broncos, which ultimately was sold to members of the Walmart fortune Walton family for $4.65 billion.

Following that sale, Allen joked that “when you lose to the richest family in the world, it’s not a bad day in the office.” He also said that while his bidding group “didn’t get this one,” he was “highly confident we’ll get the next one.” If that happens with the Commanders, Allen would become the first Black majority owner in league history.

• Thanks 1

It seems so obvious that it would be Bezos. He's basically said he's interested. And unless the NFL has told him that he'll get the Seahawks and to stand pat, there's no other reason why he wouldn't be the winning bidder. He has the $$. He has expressed interest in buying the team. The owners would love to have him on board. Unless he truly isn't interested in the Commanders, or whether he's been promised the Seahawks, I'm not sure how he doesn't get the team. 

And he's been the rumored leader for a couple years now (hypothetical before a sale was close to official) and especially since it became official. So I don't know how he's not the guy unless 1 of the 2 above is true. 

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s like watching a Tyson fight in his prime. Everyone knows what will be the outcome but for the sake of filling airtime and articles they have to pretend it’s competitive and the other dude has a chance. 

Until Buster showed up.

• Thanks 1

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fielded a couple of questions about the Commanders during his Wednesday press conference in Phoenix.

One had to do with the potential sale of the team and the other dealt with Mary Jo White’s ongoing investigation into allegations of misconduct by the team’s current owner Daniel Snyder. Goodell opted to answer the latter question first and reiterated that there is no timeline in place for White to wrap up the investigation and produce a report for the league.

“There is no timeline given to Mary Jo White,” Goodell said. “She is authorized to work independently. There is no timeline for her to come to any conclusions.”

Goodell said that report would be made public whenever it is completed, but the lack of timeline means that Snyder may not be the owner when any report is issued. Goodell acknowledged the process of finding a buyer is underway, but that the league won’t be involved until it’s time for the rest of the league’s owners to approve a deal.

“The Commanders are under a process. That’s their process. Ultimately, if they reach a conclusion and have someone joining the ownership group or buying the team, that’s something the ownership will look at.”

The Commanders launched the sale process late last year and it’s a good bet that there will be some movement toward a deal this year.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Until Buster showed up.

Tyson won that fight. The ref did not pick up the count from the side judge when Tyson knocked him down. Buster was knocked out. I also said Tyson in his prime. That was not his prime. His prime ended after the Spinks fight. He got rid of Kevin Rooney and signed with Don King and that was the end. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Tyson won that fight. The ref did not pick up the count from the side judge when Tyson knocked him down. Buster was knocked out. I also said Tyson in his prime. That was not his prime. His prime ended after the Spinks fight. He got rid of Kevin Rooney and signed with Don King and that was the end. 

At the time Tyson was undisputed, undefeated, heavy weight champion of the world. My point was no one saw it coming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Kind of an aside but wondering who will represent Washington at the owners meeting? Cant imagine Dan showing up...Jason Wright? Rivera? Mayhew? Empty chair?

Might as well be the empty chair.  Hell...we've had the equivalent of that for the past 22 years...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

At the time Tyson was undisputed, undefeated, heavy weight champion of the world. My point was no one saw it coming.

I worked for NFL films for about 5 years. We interviewed Angelo Dundee a few days before that fight. AD called what would happen to a T. 

I chuckled as he talked about Buster winning, and sat amazed as everything Angelo predicted actually happened.

• Like 5

Commanders stadium study short on fans in Virginia legislature

But if a new owner buys the Commanders, the competition between the jurisdictions could heat up quickly. Some Virginia legislators see that as an argument for pushing ahead with the study.

“Personally, I don’t see the harm in gathering more information so that if an opportunity presents itself over the next 12 months, the commonwealth can be prepared to have further dialogue about the issue,” said Sen. Scott A. Surovell (D-Fairfax), whose district includes the area in Prince William that had emerged as a potential location last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/02/08/commanders-study-virginia-legislature/

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Listening to this reporter on 106.7 just now.  The dude actually knows Dan-Tanya but hasn't spoken to Dan in over a year.  He has spoken to people who speak to Dan-Tanya.  He actually likes Dan, lol, says Dan always wants to do the right thing and isn't it cool to have a Redskins fan own the team -- rare Dan apologist.  Gag.   

He swears that his sources are really good on this.   He talked to two people who know both Dan and Goodell very well.

A.  Knows the league wants this sale to happen soon so they can wrap this up in the March meetings

B.  The league prefers Bezos because he has the cash, no need for financing

C.  Bezos might wait for the bids to come in and then make a strong bid.

D.  Other names he's heard are in the mix John Henry and Josh Harris. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Buster beat the living snot out of him. 

He got ****y and Tyson caught him with a huge uppercut. One it's amazing that Buster got up from. But if you watch the tape, it's clear Buster is more mad at himself than hurt. 

And then he finished Tyson in devastating fashion. Just a brutal beatdown. 

Tyson was definitely not in his prime, that's for sure. 

One of my favorite books ever... The Last Great Fight. 

Back to Snyder.

Byron Allen has nowhere near the money to buy the Commanders. 

Edited by Hooper

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

My sources can 100% confirm this guys sources.

Can I be on the radio?

Youd have as much to add to this conversation as the guy who "broke" the news today 

He admitted "I know Dan Snyder, I think he's a good guy...he wasn't directly involved" 

Lost all credibility right then and there

• Like 2
  • Haha 3