Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

9 minutes ago, The Rook said:

OMG - the Whiners are stirred UP!

I have been a Washington football fan for a long time.  If you can't appreciate the roller-coaster ride of a game like this, that is a shame.  That is the best we can hope for at this time with this owner.  Enjoy the day, the play, the win, the loss.  It's football and we aren't great - so what?

A busted play, QB waves the talented WR downfield, WR out-wrestles a quality CB on a 50/50 ball to setup the ball on the one.  Sweet!

"Should have been picked off."  What a shame you didn't enjoy it.  

:229:The Rook

To be fair, most of did enjoy it… because of McLaurin. But it was satisfying as hell.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes, we won. Terry made an amazing play. I just think it's wild (but predictable) how the Hive somehow tries to make it seem like TH wasn't terrible for pretty much the entire game and didn't just get ultra lucky on that play.

We love TH but let's be honest, the baggage he's accrued in his time here affects the way we view passes like that. If Justin Fields made a play like that, fans and media pundits would have freaked out about it.

In a vacuum, the pass is a gamer pass. You come down with those sometimes and it's cool. In context, it can be seen as bittersweet because the good and bad of TH's whole career can be seen in it.

I'm a battered fan, so I take what I can get.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That's Turner...no aggression until desperation. He worked the sidelines at least..but he played it safe most of the game on 1st down...

If Turner tried that when the game wasn’t in desperation mode, TH has 7 INTs in the first half.  

The reason they only pull it out when there is nothing to lose is because you figure you’re probably going to lose anyway and why not.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Unfortunately we'll end up with a good enough record to ensure we can't get one in the draft. I guess we can hope that Howell ends up being a gem.

Maybe Howell can play but we will probably F him up good and his career will crash and burn.

We can always trade out of our draft position and get whatever QB we want. Granted we will be mortgaging a bunch of future 1sts but it can be done. See RGIII pick for reference.  We screw up first and second rounders all the time.

I doubt you can find a single player on the team that wants to be involved in "tanking" 

You will only hear that from backseat GM's who have more likely than not, never competed in anything....ever.

Yeah we suck,  we aren't going anywhere but, that's the way it has been around here for the last two decades. Enjoy the win

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone that roots for draft picks instead of wins is not a true fan. It's that simple.  

Oh but they say that they are. They are “real” fans because they want what’s best in the long term for the franchise hahah. It’s so dumb it’s hard for me to even rationalize. 

When you’re 4-11, sure lose and get the once in a generation chase young and skip over Tua and Herbert cause that really worked. When you’re 3-4 and you win to go 4-4, don’t be upset. If you are then you probably should step away from following the team in general. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  Because I have to listen to ignorant ass hats all week try and sell TH as some type of savior and should start games by choice rather than necessity.  

And there is nothing to celebrate about that. 

My man! 

Wins come to far and few between for me not to celebrate and give credit when folks who stuck their heel in and pushed for it. This wasn't the Bears win. We started from inside the 20 and went down the field to pull out a score.    TH isn't the a long term answers, but you got to give credit for the connections, reads and movement within the pocket to make the throws. 

I'll save a seat for you man. 

Edited by dc1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh shut up.  

90% of the time that throw ends up as either knocked down or an INT.

It was short of the goal line and the receiver has to run back into the field of play to make the catch.  

Physics say it would be almost impossible to catch that ball falling down going into the field of play and then reverse field to score.

Now, I would argue 31 other QBs playing this week could get the ball 5-8 yards further to Terry just catches it in stride without having to be a magician.

but alas. We chose to have the literal most limited QB in the NFL as our backup.
So you live with that. 

I'm 90% sur Ball Security was being sarcastic there chief.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh shut up.  

90% of the time that throw ends up as either knocked down or an INT.

It was short of the goal line and the receiver has to run back into the field of play to make the catch.  

Physics say it would be almost impossible to catch that ball falling down going into the field of play and then reverse field to score.

Now, I would argue 31 other QBs playing this week could get the ball 5-8 yards further to Terry just catches it in stride without having to be a magician.

but alas. We chose to have the literal most limited QB in the NFL as our backup.
So you live with that. 

You come across as a smart dude.  Can’t believe you took that bait. 🤣

is this the worst day of the season for you.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase all make that catch, land on their feet, and drag the defender into the endzone.  Heinicke had to bail out Terry and get the ball across the goal line.  

Go cry a river. Watch the game and be thankful.  They have a connection. Either you're just hating, or don't understand football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

^^^Closely rivaling the Hive, is the “You fans suck, stop watching” guy.^^^

There is no hive. There’s a thread of people claiming there’s some hive, and a few people that appreciate that Heineke is gritty isn’t trash like he’s portrayed to be, but other than that it’s all in everyone’s head. Open up the thread and read it, the hive is imaginary. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Wish Terry had not waited so long this year to start making those catches.  What was he doing at the beginning of the year????

CW gave him 2 to 3 targets per game .. sometime waiting until the second half. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

You all do realize who owns our team, right??  We could have the #1 pick and this organization would 100% screw it up.  Gotta take your bright spots where you can and hope they eventually vote him off the island.  

Our first round picks have been fine outside of strip club Haskins. Davis is still a work in progress. 

9 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Why the hell follow this team if you can’t appreciate a win? Step away and just stop following them, the colts aren’t some terrible team. The best teams in the league play games that come down to the wire, bad teams lose those games and good teams win. And no, I’m not saying we are a good team. Just that good teams play down to the wire most weeks. Its sad to be honest.

I couldn’t agree more. Let’s not forget they beat the Chiefs!  They are not some JV team. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CO68 said:

Seriously? His sentiment about impatient, overzealous fans is proved here. You just dumped all over him. If you don’t have anything against him then why feel the need for that? He was barely a top 20 pick, played out of place (JDR seems questionable at DC to boot), it’s still very early, and he’s improved quite a bit. Instead of giving him credit you chose to focus on the negatives. 

So...giving an honest assessment of a player - if in the negative - is considered dumping on a player now?

That's right up there with having a negative critique label you as a "hater".

Davis is playing like a 3rd rounder at the moment.  He was a first round pick.  So, yeah...in my opinion (and if it differs from yours, you need to be able to respect that) he's currently a bust.  If he was picked in the 3rd, then no, I would not label him a bust.  Can he climb out of that over the course of the season?  Sure.  Didn't say he wouldn't.  Didn't say he would.

Oh, and when I said I have nothing against him, that was true as well.  Doesn't mean I'm impressed with his play relative to his draft postion though.  But, I guess because I feel that way, I'm somehow "dumping on him".   Sorry.  That isn't the case.  

The reason I responded to his post was because the post was calling out all the Davis doubters as if, somehow, they should feel ashamed and are proven wrong.  I took issue with that and backed up my thoughts.  There's nothing impatient or overzealous about that.  

Edited by Redwards

It's finally settled, we found our QB. 😂

Bunch of ya'll must not been fans long enough to realize ya gotta take the W's when you get em' with this organization! Our luck in the draft is about as "sure thing" as us trying a 50+ yard field goal. There's gonna be plenty of time to whine and moan, believe me!! Enjoy these!! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2