Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

People always complaining about a win. It’s a win folks. Ask any NFL player and they will say it’s not easy to get one. Sure we may not go anywhere this season but it keeps us in the hunt for a wildcard and at least some meaningful games in November and December. 

Next year is next year. Getting a high draft pick should never be our goal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, goskins10 said:

LOL   Unreal. Give TH props. If the D can just keep the game close, he does have some 2-minute magic in him. And the team likes playing for him. D doesn't seem to mind the bad play for the better part 3.5 Qs LOL.

Problem is against good teams they will not be able to keep it this close. But good for him and the team. Back to .500 at the almost midpoint of the season. That will change in a bad way soon. But give credit where it's due. 

Glad for @Skinsinparadise that he got to see a win. I saw the TH late game magic in Atl last year. It is fun. Not at all sustainable, but it is fun. 

Yeah the problem is this style of play gives us no chance against teams that can legitimately score, and on our schedule we have quite a few: Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, and 49ers. Those are four losses barring some crazy injury luck, or the Cowboys clinch and decide to rest guys in the finale but I doubt Jerruh would wanna throw Dan a bone.

Which means we have to run the table against the Giants twice(who aren't great offensively but are a better team all around), Falcons(similar tier to us, will be a 50/50 game), Browns(Watson will be back so will be tougher than they are now), and Texans(should win but who knows). 

7-10 looks to be about right for this team. 

Just now, HOF44 said:

Skill is just luck produced over an extended period. 

Skill is skill.  Luck is throwing a ball to a DB because you lack the talent to throw it to the receiver, and the receiver catches it anyway because he’s a beast.

It was a terrible throw that should have ended the game in a loss and he got bailed out.  

Shrug.  Whatever.  We’ll hear about moxie all week and Peope will forgot how atrocious the QB play was for 58 minutes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

This franchise continues to pull out lucky wins against some absolutely garbage team to play out of Rookie QBs to continue on the road of mediocrity. I just cant keep doing this

This is exactly what they do every year.  

Looked at the schedule in the offseason.  Knew that the defense would look better against all the bad teams, and in turn, the media and players would start puffing chests and thinking all is right with the world and everything is just fine.  And that's exactly what is happening.  It's like they all want to live in a fairytale.

This team makes it's damn money against bad teams or teams that are in bad stretches to their season.  When it's time for a game against a true, quality team that they can - as Ron says - measure themselves against, they show what they really are.  

Yeah, forget even getting any kind of good draft position.  But that won't even begin to solve what ails this team.  I don't care about draft position anymore.  They've proven for 23 years that they don't have what it takes under this owner to do anything with it.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HOF44 said:

We will not get a better qb outside of the draft. He is better than Wentz. 

He's not better than Wentz. They both suck in their own special ways.

We need a real QB.

Unfortunately we'll end up with a good enough record to ensure we can't get one in the draft. I guess we can hope that Howell ends up being a gem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Want them to win? start 1-4 and crush your hopes. 

Ok, fine. Let's get a prime draft pick! Win three straight to ruin draft position. 

Perennial mediocrity, baby. 

This belongs in a museum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Never seen people so quick do point out how bad  a QB sucks that just threw the game wing pass and has won 2 in a row.  Damn!

Heinicke is a gamer and he doesn't quit.  He makes a bad decision, throws a bad pick, he comes right back like he's got a 24 inch ****.  I like that part of his game and I respect it.  

Last minute heroics are exciting, they're fun and everyone loves Heinicke for that.

But what would be nicer is if he were able to play that way for all 60 minutes instead of the last 3 so we could actually beat teams convincingly instead of these bull**** ass last minute rabbit out of a hat heroics.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Redwards said:

So, if someone asks me a question about an opinion on a player and it's not exactly as glowing as the questioner's opinion, does that mean I have an axe to grind against the player?

Got zero against Davis, and I hear he's a good dude.  A really good, serious dude.  I appreciate the heck out of that.  But I have an honest assessment.  Nothing more.

Seriously? His sentiment about impatient, overzealous fans is proved here. You just dumped all over him. If you don’t have anything against him then why feel the need for that? He was barely a top 20 pick, played out of place (JDR seems questionable at DC to boot), it’s still very early, and he’s improved quite a bit. Instead of giving him credit you chose to focus on the negatives. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He really doesn’t.  He either gets lucky or Gibson and the defense wins.  

Today, the Colt’s offense lost.  If they were remotely capable, they blow us out by 20.

Yeah this team tends to win despite TH, not because of him. He's sort of like Jimmy G but without an NFL arm.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s because we know what we’re looking at.

Awful QB for 57 minutes, threw a game losing INT which miraculously got caught.  

Correction! 

Mediocre QB for 57 minutes

Awful game plan and play calling for 57 minutes. 

Threw a game wining TD to one of the greatest playmakers that have graced the Burgundy and Gold which Terry snatched and secured with the will of his football life.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Never seen people so quick do point out how bad  a QB sucks that just threw the game wing pass and has won 2 in a row.  Damn!

You have to have your head buried real far in the sand to call that the game winning pass.

That was a game winning catch, the pass might as well have just been tossed up in the air by the referee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

I'll take the win, but this ain't sustainable - not in terms of the offensive coaching. This was two really bad trans and we were less bad, at least today. We can't pull this **** against legit squads.

These next two weeks are going to tell us a lot.  

I agree, these last minute heroics aren't sustainable.  

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

To be fair, we paid Terry to make exactly that catch and Taylor knows that. It's not quite the gamble it looks like, considering the circumstances.

Yes it is when you can’t make the throw.

That play happens 10 times, it’s an INT 8 of them.  It was so short Terry had to go through the DB to get to it.