Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Packers at Washington ~ The Legend of Taylor Heinicke Continues

TK
Message added by TK,

1001477899_ScreenShot2022-10-23at4_27_51PM.thumb.png.2e9f9f6eeba1cea887812cdfc41a6efc.png

21 minutes ago, profusion said:

Yeah, it looked like a jailbreak on every play. The difference is that Heinicke is better than Wentz at dealing with it. If he had Wentz's arm, Taylor would be making bank... somewhere else.

I do worry that Heinicke won't last through Wentz's IR, at this rate. He took a couple beatings out there.

I decided to check out some of a Packer's fan(Tom Grossi) stream of the game and he thought the Packer's didn't have much pass rush at all

13 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I decided to check out some of a Packer's fan(Tom Grossi) stream of the game and he thought the Packer's didn't have much pass rush at all

He's not wrong, but TH step up or stood in the pocket every time. 

He burned them twice and was a couple of slips away from burning the push a 3rd/4th time.

By the way, TH has to get better.  While he's no Doug Flutie, he can't have another first half like he had today.

Edited by dc1

14 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Haha! Part of the reason I wanted to beat GB is because of Grossi. I love the guy, but he's been dumping on our team all season, welcome to our tier, Grossi!

4 minutes ago, dc1 said:

He's not wrong, but TH step up or stood in the pocket every time. 

He burned them twice and was a couple of slips away from burning the push a 3rd/4th time.

By the way, TH has to get better.  While he's no Doug Flutie, he can't have another first half like he had today.

Guy hasn’t played in a real game in a year, wtf. Guy does not get reps with first team.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! Part of the reason I wanted to beat GB is because of Grossi. I love the guy, but he's been dumping on our team all season, welcome to our tier, Grossi!

his stoner hippie character for Commanders fans is weird

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Guy hasn’t played in a real game in a year, wtf. Guy does not get reps with first team.

Barking up the wrong tree with me.

He got reps all week and is an 8 year vet.

He can't/should not have another game like the first half ever again.  I believe he will improve.

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

his stoner hippie character for Commanders fans is weird

There is a bit of a backstory to that: part of it is that we've been so bad, for so long, that our fans just don't care anymore and have taken a hippie mindset to our team. There was also the joke that the "W" should stand for Washingtong Wildflowers when we were picking a name.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

23 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Ya one week should be plenty of practice to go up against a NFL defense.

Okay..and 2 quarters made all the difference between a night and day performance. Right? 

TH is an eighth year veteran that took snap with the first team all week.  He was mentally off in the first half, rush some pass, under threw a lot of them and made some very bad decisions.  It was all mental.  Part of the reason why I wanted Scott to keep throwing as commented throughout todays thread, was to get him (TH) out of his mental fatigue. Once TH settled and got encouraged/coached up at the half, he became a different player.

Love the conversation my man.  Just not sure why we are having it. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

3 weeks ago I posted that our Oline, whole not good, was not as bad as wentz made it look.

I got ridiculed.

I stated (and will find it) that sooner or later TH would play and everyone will say "He's not that good but the Oline played better"

Bottom line. The Team plays better under TH and while Wetnz makes the O-line look worse then they are, TH makes them better then they are.

We should have stuck with TH, resigned flowers and Collins and signed Sherrif 

Would be at least 4-2 right now.

I agree- since the option at QB ended up being Wentz 

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The only way they should have taken wentz is if indy paid most of his salary 

Yeah, I laughed my ass off when I heard they renamed the team to Commanders, and then again when I heard they made that trade for Wince. 

Both of those are major signs of Doofus Dan "Winning in the offseason" if I've ever seen it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

To buy Way more room to pin them

I get that but didn't quite pin them very well and he could have pinned them without taking penalty... a 5 yard penalty (running into punter, etc) would give us a 1st down without the delay of game penalty. 

I left the bar I was watching it at when Terry made the 3rd down catch, so I didn't see the Packers very last possession. When I saw Rodgers had spiked it at midfield with 5 seconds left, I thought for sure they were going to do a hail mary, and how many of those has Rodgers converted?  Even though a hail mary is low percentage, it has to be better than the crap they tried. Anyone ask LaFluer why they didn't call a long bomb at the end of the game?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I left the bar I was watching it at when Terry made the 3rd down catch, so I didn't see the Packers very last possession. When I saw Rodgers had spiked it at midfield with 5 seconds left, I thought for sure they were going to do a hail mary, and how many of those has Rodgers converted?  Even though a hail mary is low percentage, it has to be better than the crap they tried. Anyone ask LaFluer why they didn't call a long bomb at the end of the game?

Rodgers has a thumb injury. Probably effects his ability to throw it that far. And I don't even think they were at midfield.

• Like 2

If Taylor's worst still has us competitive and gives us a chance to win at the end of the game, do I care how ugly his passes are or how his numbers look on the stat sheet?  Do I care if he throws multiple picks in the first half if we're still within 7 points when the 4th quarter hits?

No.  No I don't.  He's easy to root for.  We're not winning the Super Bowl.  I just want to be entertained and feel like the players care about winning at least half as much as the fans do.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3