Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Packers at Washington ~ The Legend of Taylor Heinicke Continues

TK
Message added by TK,

1001477899_ScreenShot2022-10-23at4_27_51PM.thumb.png.2e9f9f6eeba1cea887812cdfc41a6efc.png

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Its the 2nd best we have had since snyder bought the team.

What are you talking about?

Tony Banks was 8-6 as a starter.

When Cousins was the actual starter, he was 24-23-1.

Alex Smith was 11-5 as a starter.

Todd Collins was 3-0 as a starter.

And wins are not a QB stat.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I missed the game as I chose to play golf instead.  Listened to the broadcast though and man, Bram makes a handoff up the gut for 2 yards sound like a 65 yard scamper for a touchdown.

Fletcher was killing TH in the first half, about how the D didn’t respect his arm, sitting on routes, should have had several turnovers, etc.  Basically all the stuff that has been talked about ad nauseam here.

The broadcast doesn’t appear to match the events as I’ve been reading them back via several threads in here.  Sounds like TH had a hell of a second half, but the broadcast team expressed much more enthusiasm for the running game.  Sounded like Gibson came back to life yesterday and had some big runs.

Run game had a massive impact, for sure.  Heinicke played well in the 2nd though, and the td to Terry (which was a beauty) seemed like it gave a big boost to the team.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Alex smith is the only one better that i saw didnt see the tony banks numbers

collins only played 3 games 

and cousins has more losses than wins

28-33-1 is his record

you could say thar taylors has zero wins as the starter since he was projected as the back up each season.

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Run game had a massive impact, for sure.  Heinicke played well in the 2nd though, and the td to Terry (which was a beauty) seemed like it gave a big boost to the team.  

I will say they did credit him with that throw, to the extent we had to head to Twitter to see it.  Probably the best throw I’ve seen TH make.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

And no one comments when i said that i thought he should have been benched at a

half time. 

the issue is this team since dan has owned it had taylor as one of our “better” qbs says alot about the team.

you all know i like taylor, but i sure as hell know he is not the answer. But for the last 25 years his record is one of the teams better records

2 hours ago, tomwvr said:

you could say thar taylors has zero wins as the starter since he was projected as the back up each season.

What does being projected as the backup have to do with anything? If he starts a game, and wins, he shouldn’t get that win added to his career W/L record just because he was the backup that season? That makes zero sense. If you’re going by that logic, then Todd Collins was projected as the backup in 07, so he shouldn’t get those 3 wins.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What does being projected as the backup have to do with anything? If he starts a game, and wins, he shouldn’t get that win added to his career W/L record just because he was the backup that season? That makes zero sense. If you’re going by that logic, then Todd Collins was projected as the backup in 07, so he shouldn’t get those 3 wins.

Cooley i messaged you. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The comment was made due the statement that kirk was 24-23-1 when the actuall starter. That was when is was the number one qb not filling in for a game here and there for every start kirk had here he was 28-33-1.

my main observation was not a defense of taylor as much as a comment on how awful our starting qbs have been since dan owned the team. And that taylors 8-8 is a great number for this team under dan

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I missed the game as I chose to play golf instead.  Listened to the broadcast though and man, Bram makes a handoff up the gut for 2 yards sound like a 65 yard scamper for a touchdown.

Fletcher was killing TH in the first half, about how the D didn’t respect his arm, sitting on routes, should have had several turnovers, etc.  Basically all the stuff that has been talked about ad nauseam here.

The broadcast doesn’t appear to match the events as I’ve been reading them back via several threads in here.  Sounds like TH had a hell of a second half, but the broadcast team expressed much more enthusiasm for the running game.  Sounded like Gibson came back to life yesterday and had some big runs.

It's was a directionally positively improved different team, in every vertical.

I even believe that Snyder thought about selling the team in the second half (..he thought about it for 1 second and then dismissed the notion) ..thats how great the second half was folks..we hit most marks on damn near every facet.

Oh **** a Tony Banks discussion. 

First game I seent at the current Mile High stadium he got knocked the **** out of. Who comes in to win the game? Kent Graham. Threw a sweet pass to Zeron Flemister for the game winner. 

Saw Tony again that season at FedEx vs da Bears. He played prolly about as well as he's capable. Which was like 250 yards n no picks. Lost that game on a fake FG pass to Brian Urlacher. Ugh!

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Oh **** a Tony Banks discussion. 

First game I seent at the current Mile High stadium he got knocked the **** out of. Who comes in to win the game? Kent Graham. Threw a sweet pass to Zeron Flemister for the game winner. 

Saw Tony again that season at FedEx vs da Bears. He played prolly about as well as he's capable. Which was like 250 yards n no picks. Lost that game on a fake FG pass to Brian Urlacher. Ugh!

Are you sure it wasnt Tony "Tiny Hands" Banks struggles with the wet ball that day in Denver? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Coulda been. He was particularly bad that day.

Oh yes he was. If you went to the game 21 years ago I can see how you thought that he got knocked out. When the change is made at halftime that points to a change not based on injury. IIRC the announcers even made mention of Tiny Banks after Graham was in having no such issues holding onto the bumbkin. It seems about once every couple of years we learn which QB struggles with a wet ball.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Oh yes he was. If you went to the game 21 years ago I can see how you thought that he got knocked out. When the change is made at halftime that points to a change not based on injury. IIRC the announcers even made mention of Tiny Banks after Graham was in having no such issues holding onto the bumbkin. It seems about once every couple of years we learn which QB struggles with a wet ball.

We liked to call him Tony "Dress Shoe" Banks as he loved to wear the all black cleats with a nice spit shine. Brings back bad memories.

• Haha 2

All these years later n I finally find out what happened. 🙂

Similar kinda thing happened four years prior. Was at the game where Gus headbutted the wall. Didn't know why he left the game until 1am when I heard the details on the car radio. Still unbelievable. 

Everybody loves to cheer for Taylor Heinicke.  Face it, there's no guy you'd rather have good success than Taylor Heinicke, and not just because he's our QB.  He's Taylor Heinicke.  If you aren't happy for his success, you probably hate people and kick puppies.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

All these years later n I finally find out what happened. 🙂

Similar kinda thing happened four years prior. Was at the game where Gus headbutted the wall. Didn't know why he left the game until 1am when I heard the details on the car radio. Still unbelievable. 

I was at the headbutt self concuss game as well! Yeah we were all confused as to what happened. IIRC, it was a perplexing 7-7 Monday night tie. Happened right before halftime.

An epic play in our futile search for a QB... I like the way he falls backwards into the camera as the clip ends.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was at the headbutt self concuss game as well! Yeah we were all confused as to what happened. IIRC, it was a perplexing 7-7 Monday night tie. Happened right before halftime.

Cold n rainy Sunday night game that went late as all hell. 🥶

Apparently it was the first and only ESPN Sunday Night Football tie in series history. Had seats a few rows in front of the broadcast booth. I think that was the old Mike Patrick, Paul Maguire, Joey T crew calling that game.

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Cold n rainy Sunday night game that went late as all hell. 🥶

Apparently it was the first and only ESPN Sunday Night Football tie in series history. Had seats a few rows in front of the broadcast booth. I think that was the old Mike Patrick, Paul Maguire, Joey T crew calling that game.

That's my all time favorite mnf commentator crew. I wish they had never gotten rid of them. Mike Patrick is a WV boy like me too 😁

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1