Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Packers at Washington ~ The Legend of Taylor Heinicke Continues

TK
Message added by TK,

1001477899_ScreenShot2022-10-23at4_27_51PM.thumb.png.2e9f9f6eeba1cea887812cdfc41a6efc.png

27 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Did anyone else think Mclaurin was still on the field when he ripped his helmet off, celebrating?  It was zoomed in and hard to tell but I don't think he was out of bounds yet. So I was like please don't flag him, please don't flag him.

Yea I saw it. Don’t think he was completely on the sideline but don’t think he was gonna get flagged. I have never seen Terry more fired up since that play. Reading his lips he was hot. Probably from all the frustration over the first six games and not getting the ball much. 

Say what you want about Heinicke and his lack of arm strength but he looks for Terry often as he should and hopefully Wentz will do so too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Yea I saw it. Don’t think he was completely on the sideline but don’t think he was gonna get flagged. I have never seen Terry more fired up since that play. Reading his lips he was hot. Probably from all the frustration over the first six games and not getting the ball much. 

Say what you want about Heinicke and his lack of arm strength but he looks for Terry often as he should and hopefully Wentz will do so too. 

Yep and Alexander kept trash talking him too. I think that also played into how fired up he was.

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wow.

Im tough on TH but that was a heck of an effort.  I’m not sure how that ball got there.  

You said he doesn't belong in the NFL.  He's 8-8 as a starter in the regular season.  The "he belongs on his sister's couch" nonsense needs to end.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As does the notion that being 8-8 in the league as a starter is something praiseworthy.  

Did I say he belonged in the NFL 'as a starter'?  Being 8-8 for this franchise is something praiseworthy.  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I never said you said that he belonged in the NFL as a starter.  But you brought up his record as a starter.  

Because people have said he doesn't belong in the NFL.  A terrible backup who didn't belong in the NFL wouldn't have an 8-8 record.  

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Because people have said he doesn't belong in the NFL.  A terrible backup who didn't belong in the NFL wouldn't have an 8-8 record.  

I think it's taking things a bit far to say that he doesn't belong in the league, I'll agree with you there.  

But there you go again, hoisting up 8-8 like it's something.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

But there you go again, hoisting up 8-8 like it's something.

There you go again, misconstruing what I'm saying.  The guy literally said he doesn't belong in the NFL.  8-8 is average.  No one's "hoisting up" anything.  

I missed the game as I chose to play golf instead.  Listened to the broadcast though and man, Bram makes a handoff up the gut for 2 yards sound like a 65 yard scamper for a touchdown.

Fletcher was killing TH in the first half, about how the D didn’t respect his arm, sitting on routes, should have had several turnovers, etc.  Basically all the stuff that has been talked about ad nauseam here.

The broadcast doesn’t appear to match the events as I’ve been reading them back via several threads in here.  Sounds like TH had a hell of a second half, but the broadcast team expressed much more enthusiasm for the running game.  Sounded like Gibson came back to life yesterday and had some big runs.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome