Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought your argument on the QB thread was that this is one of the top places in the NFL that top players and top coaches want to be.  As you said on this thread, this is a destination spot?  

Not this season, the top players will be heading to Chicago, Houston, ATL, NE and whoever else creates most cap space. 

Washington has too many homegrown players to pay. If they target a big time guy and go all in, they’ll get him. 

The destination spot for the player is where the most money is at. The destination for the coach is where the most power is at. 

Washington used to be a destination spot for free agents until Bruce Allen cleaned that up. Washington continues to be a destination spot for the high profile seeking power. 

15 minutes ago, wit33 said:

How much time do you think was spent with Snyder, he can careless lol

Excited for the hire. What do you think of it?

Boom/bust and the best we could do, I’m on board. If it crashes and burns, I find something to be excited about. If it works, I find something to be excited about. 

But only if Snyder sells. If he doesn’t, I don’t care about any of it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not this season, the top players will be heading to Chicago, Houston, ATL, NE and whoever else creates most cap space. 

Washington has too many homegrown players to pay. If they target a big time guy and go all in, they’ll get him. 

The destination spot for the player is where the most money is at. The destination for the coach is where the most power is at. 

Washington used to be a destination spot for free agents until Bruce Allen cleaned that up. Washington continues to be a destination spot for the high profile seeking power. 

Bruce cleaned it up but not in the positive way your point applied.  He cleaned it up as to this not being a destination spot by becoming one of the cheapest organization in every way you can imagine -- crappy playing turf, let the stadium rot, kept the worst facilities in the league and also fostered with the help of his buddy Dan the worst FO culture in the NFL.  Motel 6 level trappings with stereoid level sleaze

But lets agree to disagree.  There has to be an outlier to everything.  So I gather why not also on the destination spot argument?   Like I told you should give a pep talk to Ron and the FO because according to Logan Paulsen they believe that this isn't an easy place to lure marquee players and its a discussion point in that FO.  And I guess shame on the agents who lied to Ben Standig who told him that Dan and the sleaze of that organization does effect their thoughts about sending their players there?

Edit:  I do agree that overpaying does land some players but there are too many situations for hot FAs with their pay offered by teams is close to equal and no I don't think this is the team with everything being equal where players want to go.  But as i made the case earlier today, i think Bieniemy ironically might help lure FAs if Dan is willing to open his wallet.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

EB is probably the best they could hope for. Odd though, considering the team was saying a couple weeks ago that they wanted to run the ball more. Then to go with a pass first OC, or at least that what KC has been, and he has been a part of.

Anyway, probably can't be worse than the previous offense and after almost a decade of coaching under Reid a lot of good things have to have rubbed off on him.

Also, odd that Reid is fine with one of his best coaches leaving for the same job elsewhere. Seems that he probably prefers Nagy. And when has anything Reid gave our team turned out positive? 

21 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’m sorry. Bruce Allen did what now?

:ols:

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

EB is probably the best they could hope for. Odd though, considering the team was saying a couple weeks ago that they wanted to run the ball more. Then to go with a pass first OC, or at least that what KC has been, and he has been a part of.

Anyway, probably can't be worse than the previous offense and after almost a decade of coaching under Reid a lot of good things have to have rubbed off on him.

Also, odd that Reid is fine with one of his best coaches leaving for the same job elsewhere. Seems that he probably prefers Nagy. And when has anything Reid gave our team turned out positive? 

It’s not the same job, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce cleaned it up but not in the positive way your point applied.  He cleaned up this not being a destination spot by being one of the cheapest organization in every way you can imagine -- crappy playing turf, let the stadium rot, kept the worst facilities in the league and fostered with the help with his buddy Dan the worst FO culture in the NFL.

No Bruce love for cleaning up free agent spending lol 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But lets agree to disagree.  There has to be an outlier to everything.  So why not also on the desintation sport argument?   Like I told you should give a pep talk to Ron and the FO because according to Logan Paulsen they believe that this isn't an easy place to lure marquee players and its a discussion point in that FO.  And shame on the agents who lied to Ben Standig who told him that Dan and the sleaze of that organization does effect their thoughts about sending their players there.

Excited for the hire and hopefully to get a coordinator who’s ahead of the curve in the NFL.

I just don’t think players care as much about the things we as fans like to discuss. Media likes to drum any amount of drama to incite fan bases. The buddy program of the NFL attempt at portray they are drenched in values, morals, and principles—100% BS, IMHO. 

Tell the agents to put their name on it and be about it. Nope, because their player could be next in line to receive an extension or free agent deal. Talk about sleaze. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m sorry. Bruce Allen did what now?

Come on, you guys are leading with emotion, yes, Bruce put a stop to outlandish free agent spending we were accustomed to with Dan. This is a fact. 

Im not talking about ANYTHING else, just free agent spending. Please don’t spin this any other direction lol

Edited by wit33

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Bruce put a stop outlandish free agent spending we were accustomed to with Dan. This is a fact. 

Im not talking about ANYTHING else, just free agent spending. Please don’t spin this any other direction lol

Overpaying both Norman and Collins while losing Cousins was pretty comical though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

EB is probably the best they could hope for. Odd though, considering the team was saying a couple weeks ago that they wanted to run the ball more.

Some of us here have the theory that they were basically spewing BS with that to avoid talking about the Wentz failure more. It’s very obvious that every single offseason he’s done his utmost to upgrade QB so that we could pass first (and he’s failed at it, obviously). So they talked about the run game in the end of season presser because it’s a medium bright spot to talk about, and they have to resort to it every season when their QB plan fails or falls apart. But make no mistake, Rivera is a dinosaur in a lot of ways but he clearly understands that QB/passing is the way to win big nowadays. Aka they don’t really “just” want to run the ball the way they talked about. It’s weird how one series of comments they made in that presser about running, to distract from our failures trying to fix QB and pass, have lodged so deeply in people’s brains but here we are. 

30 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This has been gone over a million times, you really haven’t read any of the posts the past week or two? Whatever he’s got with Reid is great for the Chiefs but it’s not earning Bienemy the HC opportunity he wants, and Reid has advocated for him for years. And it’s also plugging the coach pipeline over in KC as Bienemy is stuck at the OC ceiling there, and they’ll continue to lose young talented coaches as long as there’s nowhere to move up. A lateral-ish move (though he’s also getting the Asst HC title and responsibilities) to coach the offense under a defensive-minded HC, where Bienemy will have complete control over the scheme and play calling, is how he thinks he’s going to earn his shot (fair or not, correct or not). Reid’s relationship with Rivera hooked us up in this case, is the assumption. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Overpaying both Norman and Collins while losing Cousins was pretty comical though. 

I loved the Norman signing. That was pretty exciting. I like being excited at times with big free agent signings, selfishly as a fan. Wasn’t as big of a fan of Collins, but really liked him as a player overall over time, just overpaid. 

Didn’t like Cousins as a dude or player, so easier for me than some, but I get the other side. 

I get your point, he wasn’t good at his job overall. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Come on, you guys are leading with emotion, yes, Bruce put a stop outlandish free agent spending we were accustomed to with Dan. This is a fact. 

I agree with this.

I remember one offseason when a writer claimed we'd be going after a number of big-name free agents and almost everyone here blasted the guy and said he hadn't been paying attention, we more or less stopped doing that under Bruce Allen...and that the writer was using an old narrative.

• Like 1

It’s really crazy that he NEVER had a multi-year deal there. I thought it was just this past year. And I was confused by that, bc if Bienemy had finally earned a HC job the Chiefs wouldn’t have even gotten the 3rd round picks for developing him because he was on an expiring contract. So…weird. 

Just now, Conn said:

It’s really crazy that he NEVER had a multi-year deal there. I thought it was just this past year. And I was confused by that, bc if Bienemy had finally earned a HC job the Chiefs wouldn’t have even gotten the 3rd round picks for developing him because he was on an expiring contract. So…weird. 

That's why I never understood the belief going around that the Chiefs "have been trying to get rid of Bieniemy for years"...if he was on nothing but one-year contracts, getting rid of him would have been damn easy lol.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That's why I never understood the belief going around that the Chiefs "have been trying to get rid of Bieniemy for years"...if he was on nothing but one-year contracts, getting rid of him would have been damn easy lol.

I mean five straight years of one year contracts doesn’t scream “commitment”, so idk how to take it really. I would think that situation is extremely rare, how many coordinators are constantly running on one year deals, and then have it last for half a decade? Most coordinators get three year deals. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2. I’m going to have to learn how to spell Bieniemy.

Really simple. Bi-enemy but then you put the i before the last e and you have Bieniemy. 

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Not Sold. Lotta hype behind this, i dont think it will work out

Which coordinator would you have preferred then?

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1