Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Bears ~ The Hunt For A Win!

zCommander

On 10/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

MNF against the Cowboys 🤬...2001:

image.png.153cb03edeb9a92585514089bab75af6.png

Was that the year the skins lost 5, won 5, then lost 5?

Edit: looked it up. Lost 5, won 5, then went 3-3 to finish the year. Can't remember what year I was thinking of 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hey does anyone know, with these Thursday Night Football games on Amazon Prime, do they allow you to watch the game after the fact? Do they get archived or is it watch live or miss it?

From Amazon: 

• How can I catch up on Thursday Night Football games I have missed?
    Game replays are available if you opt in to record the season. To opt in, find a TNF game on Prime Video and then click "Record Thursday Night Football."
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Redwards said:

IF Chicago plays 3 quarters the way they did the last 2 against the Vikings, we lose by at least 7.  BUT...I just don't know too much about that team and what they're going through.  Was the last 2 quarters a launching point for them or not?

My gut tells me the Skins find a way to win a close one.  But they'll lose the following week to GB, putting them right back where they are now.  

Redskins 24

Bears 21

This team would lose this then win against GB.

• Like 2

I never ever say this, but this could be a win for Doofus Dan's team. 

Fields likes to turn the ball over more than Wince does. Washington has almost 0 takeaways this year. This might be the game to make it average out some.

Of course, that all requires a team that has averaged about 12 points a game over the past 3 to score more with that new "QB they have finally found" so I very likely am wrong.

Snydurrs 23

Cubs 13

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We had a 4 game winning streak in 2020 and also one in 2021. Man what I would do for another one right now. I'd be absolutely ecstatic. Of course there is probably only a 0.000006% chance of it happening.

Anything is possible.  But first we have to jump that hurdle.  How do I think that'll go tomorrow:

fail-hay-bale-jump-twnyjgmy8o6b8ujz.gif.d041a2ff76d616deca20b7aa95fe7c95.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Does anyone think we can turn our season around, starting with a victory tomorrow night?

Beating the Bears is no not turning your season around. That will just prove they are worse than us. If we were beating the Chiefs or Bills then yes there is hope for the future. Right now no signs of going up even if beat the Bears. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Right now the Bears fans are saying “Will we be turning our season around by beating Washington?”

It’s all kind of funny.

I mean, they’d be turning their season around with a win more than we would with a win. 3-3 for them would be easier to do something with than 2-4 for us.

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Anything is possible.  But first we have to jump that hurdle.  How do I think that'll go tomorrow:

fail-hay-bale-jump-twnyjgmy8o6b8ujz.gif.d041a2ff76d616deca20b7aa95fe7c95.gif

That looks terribly painful. Wonder if he was okay or not. Yikes.

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Beating the Bears is no not turning your season around. That will just prove they are worse than us. If we were beating the Chiefs or Bills then yes there is hope for the future. Right now no signs of going up even if beat the Bears. 

I wasn't asking if beating them would turn it around because they are prestigious in any way, shape, or form. Just meant can we get hot, starting tomorrow? I sure hope so. Atleast the defense has shown some pretty good progress.

• Like 1

That looks terribly painful. Wonder if he was okay or not. Yikes.

thumbs-up-charles-darwin.gif.be1a326302d3ed893240eb3a4b895f8a.gif

I wasn't asking if beating them would turn it around because they are prestigious in any way, shape, or form. Just meant can we get hot, starting tomorrow? I sure hope so. Atleast the defense has shown some pretty good progress.

Its refreshing to see a positive outlook expressed around here.  And if I'm being honest, my heart hopes we get hot as well.  But my brain says...well honestly I haven't talked to my brain in a few hours...I think it went out for chips.

Hope or not...I'ma have my rum bottle on a hair trigger tomorrow.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I understand what you are saying but what I am saying is it doesn't matter if we win because hot means nothing right now. If somehow our OL plays really well rest of the season then yes they can become hot. But realistically right now it doesn't look like we have the pieces there to become hot. We just simply don't have the right tool to start or even finish the job so to speak. 

• Like 1

Hard to argue with this assessment - based on this preview, I am expecting the following:

• Justin Fields will look like the second coming of Steve Young.
  • Montez Sweat will only have grass stains from getting pancaked.
  • Kendall Fuller will allow at least 2 big plays.
  • Our offense will put up under 250 yards of total output.
  • Carson Wentz will be sacked at least five times, making this Bears defense look like the '85 version. 
  • Coach Ron may even become a linebacker again after becoming nostalgic.