Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Year three under Rivera and we still have no identity

Warhead36

10 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

But we won't know until he's given a shot, which at this point I'd be willing to just sacrifice the year to see. Because we already know Wentz ain't it.

Im 100% on board of throwing him in at this point. This season is over already and really it should spell curtains for Ron as well. Might as well see what we got. Its a win win either way. Either hes trash and we lost out or hes good and we find a guy .

• Like 1

It’s the cost of these middle tier guys that causes such struggle. Wentz at 5-7% of the cap is intriguing and creates a competitive advantage over elite guys getting paid 12-18% of the cap. Then you have something to build on. 

Play hardball with Wentz in the off season, tell him he can continue to be the starter and raise his family the next 3 years while making 6% of the cap.  

• Thumb down 1

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It’s the cost of these middle tier guys that causes such struggle. Wentz at 5-7% of the cap is intriguing and creates a competitive advantage over elite guys getting paid 12-18% of the cap. Then you have something to build on. 

Play hardball with Wentz in the off season, tell him he can continue to be the starter and raise his family the next 3 years while making 6% of the cap.  

The outright worse QB in the playoffs this past year won just 2 of the 13 games. Both were with a Kyle led San Fran offense. Unless you have an elite and arguably generation offensive leader youre never winning in the playoffs with out an elite QB. The days of the ok QB making pennies with a good team around them are over.

Edited by Zim489

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

If we get a top 2 pick got to take a Qb after that I am not sure. Where else is Wentz going to go? I think we would get him on the cheap.

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

The outright worse QB in the playoffs this past year won just 2 of the 13 games. Both were with a Kyle led San Fran offense. Unless you have an elite and arguably generation offensive leader youre never winning in the playoffs with out an elite QB. The days of the ok QB making pennies with a good team around them are over.

Point me in direction of an elite QB and I’ll follow. 

What does won 2 out of 13 games mean? Statistically attractive games of Jimmy Gs? 

Never winning in the playoffs is wildly inaccurate. Elite QBs lose to above average QBs all the time in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers  hasn’t sniffed the SB in 10 years. 

If your argument is you prefer and elite generational QB versus an OK QB, then I have zero argument and agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we get a top 2 pick got to take a Qb after that I am not sure. Where else is Wentz going to go? I think we would get him on the cheap.

It’s time for teams to treat the middle tier QBs like they do all other positions in the NFL—cutthroat like. Tell Wentz, take 12 million with opportunity to earn 20mil through incentives for next two seasons or see ya. 

Rookie mobile QB provides the highest ceiling, so I’m all about the rookie QB. I mean, sure, would I take a Joe Burrow or Herbert over an elite mobile guy, no doubt. 

• Thumb up 1

Are we about to see TH start again? Or even SH? Ron talks about "possible changes coming" but doesn't hint at when or what. I can't really see them starting SH yet. I had high hopes for Ron when he first came here but I think it was just too much of an ask to expect him to turn around the organization's culture for Snyder.

>>That’s a big number who seem to have lost faith in the head coach, especially when it’s compared to the fact that only 13% of respondents said they want him to return. Almost a third of those surveyed haven’t quite made up their minds, self-identifying as being in “wait and see” mode with regards to the head coach of the 1-3 Commanders.

This isn’t just some small sample size dissatisfaction from a groups of negative Nancies on a website that hates the team; @betonline.ag has odds posted for...well, just about everything...but in particular, the first head coach to be fired in 2023. Ron Rivera sits 5th on the list...<<

image.jpeg.56dc10ee005ec8f8db9fff98658330f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.004636b043e4b0baf5a2d39caf99e2dd.jpeg

The o-line is terrible and cannot be fixed this season.  I blame Ron for the o-line problems.  

So what do we do this off-season?

Option 1: Draft a QB with our top 5 pick and build the o-line through free agency. But Payne and Sweat will have to walk.  

Option 2: Keep Wentz and draft oline with our top 5 pick. Keep Payne and Sweat.

I think option 2 is the best bet. Look at what the Giants have become building strong lines. Young or Stroud would die behind our line.  

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The giants in year 1 are 4-1. Us, in year 3, 1-4. This **** is pathetic. **** Rivera. 

And… they have Danny Jones at QB with no one at WR and many key injuries.   They basically have Barkley and nothing else.  That’s an example of a team being well coached and prepared.