Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the Burgundy and Gold? Who the heck are these guys???

Blade

9 hours ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

Similarly, how does the social media team think fans want to see this?

It just doesn’t feel like the same team in so many ways at this point.

The social media team's job was to show that Snyder isn't an outcast about to be cast out by the owners. He's got to be shown rubbing elbows with the power players.

@Blade, great to read from you again.

And yeah, it looked like some bad Steelers unis playing the Cowgirls. I didn't even bother watching the game; just stuck to RedZone.  It's like the Snyders are trying to cover for the Zorn fiasco by actually making the team colors red yellow and black.

8 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Burkhardt on the broadcast called them the Manders.

They're the Commies, dammit!!!

Hail to the Commies

Hail KGB 

Brave Proletariat

Fight the Bourgeoisie!

• Haha 6

This team was diagnosed with a terminal illness in 1999, and has slowly been dying ever since.  This terrible rebrand should be the death knell for several fans.  The problem is that it's just too hard to pick a different team to root for when you've invested so much time and energy into this one.  

It's interesting...my son is a very, very mild Commanders fan. He doesn't get too worked up one way or the other and watches RedZone with us more than anything else. I texted him yesterday and asked what he thought of the uniforms and he said he liked them. So, maybe the kids (he's in high school) will like the black uniforms more than the old people will. 

17 hours ago, Blade said:

I love all you guys and gals who still participate in this forum after 20 years since its formation… I just wish we all got the team we deserve making a play for a championship instead of a champion top draft pick… to be honest, I am surprised the forum even exists, even though I still make use of it regularly during the season. Props to those who keep the lights on here, and nothing but love and support for you who keep it alive. HTTR for those who will remember what that means… 

Hey, look who it is. :ols: 

I went to Sharkys yesterday with a bunch of Jags fans. Had a TV on each side of the games and I could barely look at the Crapmandererereres. 

I waited my entire life for a black uniform and it sucked.

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

The rivalry is officially dead. The franchise is dormant and it needs to be woken up. 

I agree, it is dead.  Unfortunately, the only way it can be woken up and revived is for Synder to leave as owner and replaced with a better owner.  

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly the black unis where the first time I watched this team and felt like it was a completely different team. Might be all i need to enjoy other football teams for a while until they get their **** together.

I switched to the Bills Ravens game halfway through and had a much better viewing experience. I find myself doing this more and more if there is a second option. 

I hate that picture so much. We could have lost 50-0 yesterday and I still would be more angry with that picture. Everything about it just...makes me upset.

Move this garbage franchise to St. Louis or Mexico City or London or something and let us start over from scratch in a couple years with a new owner and new stadium.

The Washington Redskins died and I don't know what this abomination is anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate that picture so much. We could have lost 50-0 yesterday and I still would be more angry with that picture. Everything about it just...makes me upset.

Move this garbage franchise to St. Louis or Mexico City or London or something and let us start over from scratch in a couple years with a new owner and new stadium.

The Washington Redskins died and I don't know what this abomination is anymore.

I mean they had pics of Redskins and Cowboys trading jerseys post games in previous years. This is no different than that

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I mean they had pics of Redskins and Cowboys trading jerseys post games in previous years. This is no different than that

That doesn't bother me because that's a league wide thing and its expected for players to be buddy buddy off the field.

But owners? F no. Cordial respect is fine but Dan basically drools over Jerruh. You know Jerruh doesn't give two effs about Danny Boy.

I've always called this the "Any Given Sundayization" of the NFL...teams like how other teams look in all-black or all-navy, and pretty soon we have a hard time telling teams apart on TV. Teams used to want to look unique, but not any more.

Here are all the NFL teams that have all-black uniforms, including alternates:

Cardinals

Falcons

Ravens

Panthers

Bengals

Jaguars

Saints

Jets

Eagles

Steelers

49ers

Commanders

And all-navy:

Bears

Broncos

Texans

Patriots

Chargers

Seahawks

Titans

That's 19 out of 32 teams...ugh. I liked the 80s where there were brighter colors in the NFL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That doesn't bother me because that's a league wide thing and its expected for players to be buddy buddy off the field.

But owners? F no. Cordial respect is fine but Dan basically drools over Jerruh. You know Jerruh doesn't give two effs about Danny Boy.

I mean, this thread was about how Blade looked at the team he saw yesterday and struggled to recognize it. That pic was the same, at least for me. How do you get to that pic from this:

For some, that is a favorite quote. I found this clip from a thread on this very forum, after all:

RIP Former Skin Sam Wyche "Die, you yellow dogs, die!" - The Stadium - Extremeskins (redskins.com)

23 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I like em, been waiting my whole life for black jerseys, if we were winning folks would be talking less trash about them. 

They are alternates, not every games, teams are allowed to have alternates, even bad teams.

Agree about the winning part. Hell, after the Jacksonville game I even despised the name Commanders a little less. Didn't last long though, so now they're back to being the Washington Whatevers.

• Like 1