Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the remaining wins?

88Comrade2000

On 9/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, BleedBNG said:

If they somehow, someway beat Dallas next week, then it's this uniform for the following 13 weeks.

I still think the W in front of the helmet looks dumb.

Personally like the black unis. Helmets could do with some adjustments but overall  I think they look good and like the wise man said...

You look good you feel good...

You feel good you play good...

You play good you get paid good...

You get paid good you marry good...

You marry good you get divorced  good...

You get divorced good you end up broke and back in the hood...

For good.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I just don’t see many good games

09BE87A1-D2C3-45BF-8B9C-C32FA1448174.jpeg

Right now, I would concur with this.  Even Atlanta could be a loss.

However, teams ebb and flow during the season, so we really have no idea who is going to be tough when we play them.  We also have no idea what we'll be doing.  I think we end up with more wins (although another losing record) simply because that's what Ron's teams do: they lose up front (because he has no earthly idea how to adequately prepare a team in the offseason to hit the ground running during the regular season), making it all but impossible to reach the playoffs, then we'll win the equivalent of garbage-time games, thus, ruining or chances at getting a real QB prospect in here.   Reminds me of the Norv years.  He excelled at this most of his years.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Personally like the black unis. Helmets could do with some adjustments but overall  I think they look good and like the wise man said...

You look good you feel good...

You feel good you play good...

You play good you get paid good...

You get paid good you marry good...

You marry good you get divorced  good...

You get divorced good you end up broke and back in the hood.

Totally respect your opinion, and I truly wish I could share it, but IMHO, I think they did the impossible here: ruined a black uniform.

The W on the helmet looks absolutely ridiculous.  But Jason Wright loves it because it lets the opponent know that Washington is coming after them.  Unreal.🙄

Wanna know a VERY easy way to make the jersey look really good?  Simple: reverse the color.  Burgundy number outlined in yellow.  Bam.  Done.  Classy as it gets.  I've seen countless mock-ups of this very type of jersey over the last few years and it absolutely rocks.

Wanna make the helmet actually look good and not a joke?  Put the W logo - the one in red outlined in yellow that is all over the black shirts they sell - on the freaking helmet.  Problem solved.  

But I guess that's just too complicated for our design team/er....Tanya.  

• Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Totally respect your opinion, and I truly wish I could share it, but IMHO, I think they did the impossible here: ruined a black uniform.

The W on the helmet looks absolutely ridiculous.  But Jason Wright loves it because it lets the opponent know that Washington is coming after them.  Unreal.🙄

Wanna know a VERY easy way to make the jersey look really good?  Simple: reverse the color.  Burgundy number outlined in yellow.  Bam.  Done.  Classy as it gets.  I've seen countless mock-ups of this very type of jersey over the last few years and it absolutely rocks.

Wanna make the helmet actually look good and not a joke?  Put the W logo - the one in red outlined in yellow that is all over the black shirts they sell - on the freaking helmet.  Problem solved.  

But I guess that's just too complicated for our design team/er....Tanya.  

How dare you disagree with me on a matter of taste and individual preference!

Were I a younger man I would ferociously slap your insolent face with the business end of my riding gloves  and demand satisfaction with pistols at dawn.

But being as how these days I can barely walk 10 paces without involuntarily relieving myself and spontaneously falling asleep, let alone see well enough to shoot anything that far away, I think discretion is most certainly the better part of valor in this instance.

Yet know that I have my eyes on you (not that I can see anything with them) and one day late at night, when you're sleeping off a three day drunk and incapable of defending yourself I will have my satisfaction!

Til then I remain your humble and obedient servant, Rye. 😅

• Haha 1

If our max is 5 wins then we need to do whatever we can to only win 1 game. Have to secure that #1 draft spot at that point and either get a franchise changing QB or trade it away for a millions picks. I guess it don't matter, we will screw up either scenario.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we go 5-12 or worse, that will be great. Ron gets fired and we have a top 5 pick to get franchise qb.

6-11/7-10  seems more likely because Ron will find a way to win a game or two, we don't need. Keeps his job. 

Oh great. A top 5 pick and a new, wholly unproven head coach, probably a puppet GM. Man, I can barely contain my enthusiasm.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we go 5-12 or worse, that will be great. Ron gets fired and we have a top 5 pick to get franchise qb.

6-11/7-10  seems more likely because Ron will find a way to win a game or two, we don't need. Keeps his job. 

Ron is not getting fired. He is changing the culture. Dan isn't stupid. 

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this up:

Packers

@Colts

Vikings

@Eagles

@Texans

Falcons

@Giants

Bye

Giants

@49ers

Browns

Boys  

So, 6 weeks without Carson. We know Ron will go with Taylor.

Packers- loss

@Colts- toss up

Vikings- loss

@Eagles- loss

@Texans- tossup

Falcons- tossup

@Giants- loss

So over the next 7 games; best case we go 3-4 to be at 5-7.  Knowing idiot Ron will think we can still make playoffs; he will go back to Carson or stay with Heini. We may not see Sam at all unless Taylor gets hurt.

Those final 4 games, only the Giants game looks winnable.  So, best case is 6-11 and out of the qb race.

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2022 at 3:38 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Our remaining schedule:

@ Boys

Titans

@Bears

Packers

@Colts

Vikings

@Eagles

@Texans

Falcons

@Giants

Bye

Giants

@49ers

Browns

Boys

We are only 3 games in but already, you get sense the season is realistically over already at 1-2.  Where are the remaining wins? 

Colts Texans and one giant game

On 9/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron wont get fired unless we get a new owner

On 9/27/2022 at 3:52 PM, illone said:

It's way too early to predict much of anything, other than mediocrity.

We'll probably win a few games we should not win(Vikes, 2nd eagles game), and lose a few we shouldnt (Bears, Texans).

9-8 year when the dust settles.

Remain "medium".

9-8 ?

ok, you lose a 'puff'.

Now for you its 'puff give give'

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Time to bump this up:

Packers

@Colts

Vikings

@Eagles

@Texans

Falcons

@Giants

Bye

Giants

@49ers

Browns

Boys  

So, 6 weeks without Carson. We know Ron will go with Taylor.

Packers- loss

@Colts- toss up

Vikings- loss

@Eagles- loss

@Texans- tossup

Falcons- tossup

@Giants- loss

So over the next 7 games; best case we go 3-4 to be at 5-7.  Knowing idiot Ron will think we can still make playoffs; he will go back to Carson or stay with Heini. We may not see Sam at all unless Taylor gets hurt.

Those final 4 games, only the Giants game looks winnable.  So, best case is 6-11 and out of the qb race.

No Thank You Sigh GIF by StickerGiant

I think they will win in their game against McLean Highschool. I played for them back in the day (1972) and we were horrible, and I have heard we have declined since.  I think they will also beat Marshall's J.V., and the pee wee teams of Kent Gardens and Chesterfield.  TAKE THAT JERRY JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 10:19 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

If TH is playing, especially with this OL, they will lose the next 6 games.  If they are 2-10, they should actively attempt to lose the remaining games.  

They might win a fluke game, but I rather doubt it.  

You were so wrong here. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Glad I didn't make any bold proclamations about finishing 3-14 or whatever. The roster isn't that bad and never was that bad. The QB is still a problem though for sure, but you gotta let the NFL season play itself out.

The Bengals for example started 0-2 and looked bad. They might now be the team to beat in the AFC. 

• Like 3