Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

If wentz wont or cant work out there is no reason to play him and give up a higher pick. How long until we have to sit him and keep our 2nd round pick

Great question, glad you asked this. We need that 2nd round pick, especially if it's gonna be a high pick. If we go 1-4 out of the gate we gotta consider the whole picture.

• Like 1

After watching these last 2 gms, I think it's obvious this coaching staff is pedestrian at best.

RR: stands on the sidelines emotionless while we see other HCs around the league showing fire and letting their players know when they do right/wrong.

OC: Completely lost and has little clue how to adjust during game (haven't we seen this **** before...ie, Gruden). Guy is innovated with his schemes, but has shown thus far he isn't ready to call plays. Today's performance only solidifies this point.

DC: 🤣🤣🤣 Again, retread that the game has left behind. How many times can we read/hear reports that his schemes are easy enough to read that a caveman can do it?

Secondary coach: I'm throwing this in there cause Harris has been raved upon before, but his secondary continues to give up big play after big play. Not to mention, how many times do these guys seem confused at what their assignments are? But I'm willing to reserve judgement due to the fact he has to deal with JDRs bull****.

All in all, this coaching staff is ****ing useless when you consider the talent we have (disclaimer: I'm not even stating we're world beaters,  but we have talent to compete).

HTTR!

• Like 3

Just now, purbeast said:

Anyone who thinks Heinecke is the answer screams they have zero football IQ.  And I'm not over here screaming I am a football guru or anything.  

Do they really think they know more than the Commanders front office, let alone, the other 31 NFL teams front office? Do you really think you know more than the other GM's of the league not knocking on our door, giving up picks, to scoop up our backup?

Like GTFO thinking he is a starter in this league.  Last year alone proved he is not.  

You all are probably the people who make up the Cult of Colt.

You are not paying attention 

taylor has much less talent than wentz.

just looking at taylor and what happened last year with him you would say we should have lost every game with him. He has the it factor and 50 percent of the time it gives the team a chance to win. 

and no i dont think he is a long term or short term solution, but for this team i think he is better suited than wentz

2 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

The coaches need to start being put under a magnifying glass, im ready to say that much. No excuse to look that lost in 2 straight games in the first half, it’s like they are sleep walking.

You mean... like a really big magnifying glass under a blazing hot sun? This intrigues me.

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smooth said:

we always seem to be not prepared...Are we ever up 10-17 pts? hell no always digging a hole its insane! we need to keep payne and ship sweat out cause he does nothing! 

I agree, sweat is extremely replaceable, Payne is clearly the better player it’s not even close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

You are not paying attention 

taylor has much less talent than wentz.

just looking at taylor and what happened last year with him you would say we should have lost every game with him. He has the it factor and 50 percent of the time it gives the team a chance to win. 

and no i dont think he is a long term or short term solution, but for this team i think he is better suited than wentz

The idea that we'd be better right now if TH had been QB is nonsensical. He probably wouldn't have been able to make half of the throws Wentz has. He also isn't really any more of a scrambler than Wentz is. In fact, last year the coaches got so frustrated with Heinicke not using his legs more that they publicly called him out on it.

You can throw around whatever nebulous terms you like: "gamer", "moxie", "it factor", but the fact of the matter is that Heinicke doesn't have the talent to be a starting NFL QB, and pretty much everyone knows it. Him being in there limits the play book. And Turner's game planning is already having enough problems with a QB who can stretch the field. Imagine if, on top of having a crap OL, you had to remove a bunch of plays from the plan because the QB couldn't make the throws.

I also doubt Heinicke would have been able to stay in the game today. Wentz got absolutely crushed over and over. He's a big dude so his body can probably take more of that punishment. TH probably would have been broken in half.

• Like 1