Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is awesome though, Rivera gone, Mayhew gone....can we hit the trifecta and get Bienemy gone?

The article from ESPN states that Mayhew is still on the staff. In what capacity, we don't know.

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

This was super fast.

Pretty sure all this has been going on behind closed doors for a good while. Glad to see the organization isnt full of leaks like in the past.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

32 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Harris kept his word and gave Ron the full season and it turned out to be a great decision. 4-13 speaks for itself....just a matter of how many people lose their jobs today. Curiously, I wonder if Mayhew, Hurney and Wright are in the meeting or if they'll have their own meetings with Harris and will any of them fall today as well?

Whoever is responsible for the drafts and FA's these last 4 years needs to be in that meeting and leave with their pink slips because they are the biggest culprits? If it's Ron fine but the others if it's them need to go as soon as possible too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Harris kept his word and gave Ron the full season and it turned out to be a great decision. 4-13 speaks for itself....just a matter of how many people lose their jobs today. Curiously, I wonder if Mayhew, Hurney and Wright are in the meeting or if they'll have their own meetings with Harris and will any of them fall today as well?

Glad he did not listen to noise in hear or the media, it's finally come to a end smart move.

• Like 1

The allure of the Commanders' job openings will be buoyed by a No. 2 overall pick in a quarterback-rich 2024 draft, and a projected salary cap space that is among the most in the NFL this offseason.

Harris will be closely involved in the search processes, but his longstanding relationship with Myers -- a two-time NBA executive of the year -- evolved in recent months and convinced the owner that Myers' championship résumé and industry relationships could play a significant role in building Washington's new leadership structure.

The Commanders current front office, including general manager Martin Mayhew, and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel Marty Hurney, will remain on staff through the search process, officials said. The new head of football operations and head coach will determine their long-term futures with the Commanders, team officials told ESPN.

"This is a crucial offseason for us, and we won't shy away from the work needed to get back to a place where we can deliver a winning culture top to bottom," Harris said in a statement shared to ESPN. "...I've known Bob a long time and watched him construct four championship teams and a highly successful organization in Golden State...He is innovative, thoughtful, well-connected across sports and understands what it takes to solidify and sustain championship infrastructure. I think he's going to be incredibly additive."

Myers stepped down as GM of the Warriors in June - concluding with four championships in his final eight years on the job. The Warriors reached the NBA Finals six times in Myers' 11 seasons as GM, losing only to Toronto (2019) and Cleveland (2016). Myers led the Warriors' 2016 free agent pursuit of Kevin Durant, who was part of two titles with the Warriors before tearing an Achilles in the 2019 NBA Finals.

Myers was hired as an assistant GM in 2011 and promoted to GM in 2012, and outside of Steph Curry's arrival predating his own, had overseen two Curry contract extensions, drafts, trades and signings that sculpted one of the league's modern dynasties. Myers was a prominent player agent prior to joining the Warriors' front office in 2011.

Myers joined ESPN as an NBA studio and game analyst in August and will continue in that role.

"I have been fortunate to know Josh Harris for many years and his commitment to building championship-caliber teams is what drew me here," Myers said in a statement. "In my experience, championship infrastructure begins with a strong ownership group that prioritizes culture and invests in attracting the industry's most talented and innovative leaders...This is the type of opportunity that really inspires me, and I look forward to contributing to the next chapter of this storied franchise."

Spielman - who had been the Vikings GM for nine years until leaving in 2021 - has 30 years of NFL front office experience.

Harris purchased the Commanders for an NFL-record $6.05 billion in May. He replaced Daniel Snyder, whose 24-year run as the franchise's owner was mired in scandal, dysfunction and losing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39264819/ron-rivera-fired-former-gms-advise-commanders-overhaul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Whoever is responsible for the drafts and FA's these last 4 years needs to be in that meeting and leave with their pink slips because they are the biggest culprits? If it's Ron fine but the others if it's them need to go as soon as possible too.

Im fine with what has transpired so far...Ron gone was a must to happen immediately. The hiring of competent people to assist in the search going forward. No need to rush  into firing any one else at this point. Calm heads have prevailed. I also imagine Wrights influence has been negated, he will probably be the next to go though.

• Thumb up 1

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to 😀😀 0 Days. 😀😄 Ron has been FIRED!!!