Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

41 minutes ago, Panninho said:

If the Eagles fire their HC, that is one hell of an opening. The Cowboys would probably just promote Quinn but competing for a HC on the open market against the Eagles would not be easy. It's a well run organization that has a great squad, a decent QB under contract and is not in cap hell. Gonna be an interesting offseason for many different reasons.

The rumblings here in Philly is that the players are down on Sirianni over multiple issues, including his ripping into multiple players and an assistant coach on the sideline vs the NYG on Christmas Day. One of the players was Hassan Reddick and another was D'vonte Smith. Also, AJ Brown is very unhappy over the offense and lack of adjustments being made according to reports here in Philly. Brown and Hurts are best buddies. If Nick Sirianni, who was hired as an offensive mind, has lost his best players on offense then he could be in some hot water. Both Brown and Hurts were recently given large contracts so it's unlikely they're going anywhere. That leaves the OC and Sirianni to figure this out in a hurry. 

The rap against the Eagles offense is that they use little to no pre-snap motion and have become easier to defend. Arizona had twice the time of possession vs Philly on Sunday.

The defense is a complete disaster with a unit that lacks talent overall and who just demoted their DC. The wheels are falling off in Philly so Roseman/Lurie COULD look to move on. It's all speculation right now but couple the ass whoopins sustained to SF and Dallas with the bad losses to Seattle and Arizona with the players starting to speak out and you get rumblings of change in Philly. 

• Like 1

Daboll, is a hot head on the sideline, would not surprise me if he gets replaced. Not sure players like to play for this ass wipe? He takes it out on them when the play does not work out as they leave the field, (Overrated).  Belichick had some good years in New York with the Giants and would be a big upgrade. I would not Belacheat to be their new coach.

5 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Daboll, is a hot head on the sideline, would not surprise me if he gets replaced. Not sure players like to play for this ass wipe? He takes it out on them when the play does not work out as they leave the field, (Overrated).  Belichick had some good years in New York with the Giants and would be a big upgrade. I would not Belacheat to be their new coach.

No way Mara fires another head coach after two years.  That would be 4 in a row (McaDoo, Shermur, Judge, and Daboll)

How long until Mayhew is fired? 

I was thinking about this on twitter. GMs are normally not fired until after the draft. Do we wait with MM? That's the curteous thing to do right. Or do we go ahead and clean house? Like I posted elsewhere, do we wait with EB to see if he'd hired elsewhere, or do we give him walking papers? I don't know if we'd get a comp pick because I've heard he needs 2 years here. But that's from radio guys and from other radio guys I've heard 1 year. So who is right? 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I was thinking about this on twitter. GMs are normally not fired until after the draft. Do we wait with MM? That's the curteous thing to do right. Or do we go ahead and clean house? Like I posted elsewhere, do we wait with EB to see if he'd hired elsewhere, or do we give him walking papers? I don't know if we'd get a comp pick because I've heard he needs 2 years here. But that's from radio guys and from other radio guys I've heard 1 year. So who is right? 

EB must be here 2 years to qualify for a comp. pick. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

EB must be here 2 years to qualify for a comp. pick. 

OK, that's what I thought. 

I also think its more than 90% likely that Mayhew if fired on January 8th along with Ron, but I do wonder about who else goes with him. I've got to think the scouts stay. But Mayhew has been doing a lot of scouting himself. So thats a lot of paperwork / scouting that is lost there.

And from what I hear its not the scouting that is bad, its that Ron is not listening to the scouting (similar to Dan). I don't know if I read an article or heard on the radio that Ron overrode scouts who told him that Gonzales was better than Forbes. Same as him not wanting Kyle Hamilton, or choosing Davis over Darrishaw. 

Well, if we want Ian Cunningham (I point him out because he has connections to Shen and I think he will be the guy) and some of the guys who are on non-playoff teams, we can get him immediately after the season, and may not really lose anything draft wise. But we do lose what Mayhew does know about our own players. But if we want to fire Mayhew on 1/8 and then hire somebody from say the 49ers (say Adam Peters), that may be a long wait because of how well they're playing. 

That means that it hampers not only our draft (see senior bowl coming up soon) but also our Head Coaching search which we want to be inspired by a GM. 

As I write this, I'm thinking that we hire a GM from a non-playoff team like the Bears (Cunningham) who gives us time to analyze the crop of assistant coaches. Then he, Harris and Shen will look at all the people available and go and hire MacDonald from the Ravens after they've had enough time to get to know each other and lay out a foundation of what the Commanders will be like going forawrd. 

17 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I was thinking about this on twitter. GMs are normally not fired until after the draft.

I don't think anyone wants Mayhew to have a sniff of anything in this draft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I don't think anyone wants Mayhew to have a sniff of anything in this draft.

I don't like to defend Mayhew like he's Beathard or something but he is not Ron. He has had to act as a leutienant of Ron lately. What he did in Detroit is different than what he did here and what he did in SF is different than what he did here. He has a nice resume to scout players and pick players. Much more than any of us, he lives football and can pick players and do this stuff.

The problem becomes that he has the title GM but he is really second in command behind Ron so "they" picked Forbes, or Martin called Forbes or something like that, but Ron is the one who really wanted Forbes. 

28 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

It's not the GM's per se, who are kept until the draft is finished, but the entire scouting staff since they are the ones that have been the "boots on the ground" and are compiling the reports that are being used to put draft boards together 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Ron hired Mayhew.  Once Ron is gone, Mayhew is out the door with him.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

GMs are normally not fired until after the draft. Do we wait with MM?

If we're gonna fire MM we do it on Monday, Jan 8th. Can't have a lame duck GM run our draft and sign our free agents. Hell, we may need to totally house clean our scouting dept too? Get the new GM in here asap to hire our new head coach and determine who we're gonna draft. Isn't this a no-brainer? Then again, why hasn't MM been fired already, there's no reason to keep him around from what I can see.

27 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Their DC is as good as gone. He's done a **** job this year--that secondary has been bad all year.

That org is being run badly. They were ranked number 1 in so many categories. Then they hit road bumps and panicked badly, Now it seems like they're collapsing. if they get rid of their coach they may bring in a whole new system that doesn't fit Hurts. 

22 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

That org is being run badly. They were ranked number 1 in so many categories. Then they hit road bumps and panicked badly, Now it seems like they're collapsing. if they get rid of their coach they may bring in a whole new system that doesn't fit Hurts. 

Offensively, I think they're really good. Hurts is overrated, but still really good--there are about 7 or 8 QBs better than him, IMO. They also got bailed out in 4-5 games that should have been losses (the 1st game against us, KC, BUF, Mia, and the 1st Dallas game). And they've struggled to beat bad teams: us twice, Giants, NE. I got into it a couple of times with Eagles fans on twitter (so unlike me, I know. I am usually a laid-back, non-confrontational, bright ray of sunshine). This team isn't as good as the experts were saying.

That said, I don't think they move on from Sirianni, but Desai is going to get canned as soon as their season is over.

• Thumb up 1

I have a strong feeling that Peters is the guy they really want (read between the lines thru Keim) but they are not sure they get him because he works for the org he grew up a fan of and all his family is in the Bay Area. If they can’t get him, I agree that Cunningham is the second choice - Keim mentioned he met at Harris at the special conference for owners to meet minority candidates a month or two ago. The Bears starting to turn it around midseason really helps his candidacy

20 minutes ago, method man said:

I have a strong feeling that Peters is the guy they really want (read between the lines thru Keim) but they are not sure they get him because he works for the org he grew up a fan of and all his family is in the Bay Area. If they can’t get him, I agree that Cunningham is the second choice - Keim mentioned he met at Harris at the special conference for owners to meet minority candidates a month or two ago. The Bears starting to turn it around midseason really helps his candidacy

I thought Hortiz was the favorite? There were quotes Harris wanted to emulate the Ravens organization. The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

The coaching staff, both Marty's and Jason Wright will be fired by lunch on Monday.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The coaching staff, both Marty's and Jason Wright will be fired by lunch on Monday.

Before lunch or after? Harris may be a nice enough guy to let them digest their food before handing them their walking papers.

At least Harris isn't the kind of guy to not tell them they're fired, like what happened in Arizona years ago when the coach only found out he was gone when his badge didn't work the next morning.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Personally, I have long hoped that we would clean house on the FO this week. You could interview a few people who aren't currently employed by teams. Dawn Aponte is someone who could be on the radar. I have always like Thomas Dmitroff, and while I don't necessarily want to give him the job, I'd definitely love him for an assistant GM spot with a first timer GM. Louis Riddick you could talk to just because of local ties and Rooney Rule requirements. 

Then you inform teams that you want permission come Monday to start interviewing other candidates (the Horitz, Peters, Halaby, etc group). It would give you a bit of a head start. Not a huge one, but something. 

If we are really hiring GM first and then Coach, and especially if we are interviewing a lot of people for the GM spot, time is actually something of an issue. Getting even a small head start would be a positive. 

More importantly, what's the reason not to do it? Do we really need to pretend there is something that could happen against Dallas that will effect whether or not these people are retained?

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought Hortiz was the favorite? There were quotes Harris wanted to emulate the Ravens organization. The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.

He may want to emulate the organizational structure but that doesn’t necessarily mean the Ravens guys are the leading candidates.