Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

When he was hired I was excited because I thought it was the best Dan could do: hire a respected coach who wasn’t going to run a clown shoe organization, and hope for the best.  

For the most part that’s come true.  The issue has been they have done a very bad job at roster construction and haven’t found a QB.

Ron needed to find a much better GM and empower them.  

Me too. I thought at the start of this off season no matter what his legacy would be good here considering context.  I don't feel that way anymore.  His drafts haven't aged well.  His praise of Dan felt odd especially considering the timing of it all -- when Dan was out the door.

And the odd arrogance and excuse making.  I think when you get Barnwell say the other day the new coach here will inherit a bad roster AND have to restore the culture here.  That's one heck of a shot at Ron and IMO its a well deserved shot.

Overcoming cancer is admirable.  And he was-is a good person and I liked that when we had the backdrop of Dan in that building.

But otherwise culture wise when you have Sweat taking shots at the "culture" here after he left.  Jonathan Allen and Gibson more or less making fun of the "growth and development" comments and Allen basically saying he wants to leave because he wants to win.  That's bad as to his legacy. 

Basically Ron's version of culture is a half baked version of Bruce's ironically.  Mediocrity to less than that on the field but highlighting winning off the field coupled with excuse making for everything.   Bruce touted the winning off the field even though that was BS, too.  I'll give that they win off the field on some counts but not totally so because to me winning off the field shouldn't include non stop excuse making, spin with arrogance and players wanting to leave. 

Ron to me is leaving for some of us (me included) as a punch line.  And I'd never have predicted that including at this time last year.  The reason why even Jay can make fun of Ron is because its a viable joke.  With all his bravado of bringing change, he likely ends up with and even worse record that Jay did which is wild.

I think its hilarious all the different ways Ron has tried to spin his legacy before the season and during the season.  It's gone from.

A.  We got a killer defense, congratulate me for that.  We just need to be patient with Sam.  Once Sam develops send me my Super Bowl ring after I am gone.  And I gave you my successor too in Bieniemy -- he didn't say that part but it was impliied.  This will be my roster and heck even my coach taking the team to the promise land.  Thank me for this.  I'll take my bow now. 

B.  Maybe the rest of the team isn't hot but all that matters is Sam Howell, you see how well he's playing, I found the QB!

C.   Dan didn't deserve the beating he took from the media.  He's a really good man and he gave me everything I ever wanted.  But heck most people probably forgot about me saying that.  I say a lot of things then later do a 180 on it and say the opposite.  So why not on this?  Let me repackage all of that considering I can tell my legacy isn't hot with the fans.  So let me go down the road that might work because I know they all hate Dan.  I'll tell Mike Silver who will write an article about this about how all of this is Dan's fault really. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

Shoud be interesting to see what happens with Bill. Keim doubled down again saying it won't be this team chasing Bill.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/15/sports/bill-belichick-doesnt-plan-on-making-breakup-easy-on-the-patriots/

According to Boston Sports Journal’ Greg Bedard, those within the organization find it unlikely to legendary head coach would agree to be traded and won’t want to work with Kraft on an “elegant solution.”

“Belichick might agree to nice press release language about parting of the ways, but make no mistake: The odds are strong that this will end up being a firing at the end of the day,” Bedard wrote.

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shoud be interesting to see what happens with Bill. Keim doubled down again saying it won't be this team chasing Bill.

The Junkies were mentioning again this week, strong indications he's headed to Chargers.

I know, we've heard that rumor too but..

This would be great for Washington, taking out maybe a top coordinator option in SD.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too. I thought at the start of this off season no matter what his legacy would be good here considering context.  I don't feel that way anymore.  His drafts haven't aged well.  His praise of Dan felt odd especially considering the timing of it all -- when Dan was out the door.

And the odd arrogance and excuse making.  I think when you get Barnwell say the other day the new coach here will inherit a bad roster AND have to restore the culture here.  That's one heck of a shot at Ron and IMO its a well deserved shot.

Overcoming cancer is admirable.  And he was-is a good person and I liked that when we had the backdrop of Dan in that building.

But otherwise culture wise when you have Sweat taking shots at the "culture" here after he left.  Jonathan Allen and Gibson more or less making fun of the "growth and development" comments and Allen basically saying he wants to leave because he wants to win.  That's bad as to his legacy. 

Basically Ron's version of culture is a half baked version of Bruce's ironically.  Mediocrity to less than that on the field but highlighting winning off the field coupled with excuse making for everything.   Bruce touted the winning off the field even though that was BS, too.  I'll give that they win off the field on some counts but not totally so because to me winning off the field shouldn't include non stop excuse making, spin with arrogance and players wanting to leave. 

Ron to me is leaving for some of us (me included) as a punch line.  And I'd never have predicted that including at this time last year.  The reason why even Jay can make fun of Ron is because its a viable joke.  With all his bravado of bringing change, he likely ends up with and even worse record that Jay did which is wild.

I think its hilarious all the different ways Ron has tried to spin his legacy before the season and during the season.  It's gone from.

A.  We got a killer defense, congratulate me for that.  We just need to be patient with Sam.  Once Sam develops send me my Super Bowl ring after I am gone.  And I gave you my successor too in Bieniemy -- he didn't say that part but it was impliied.  This will be my roster and heck even my coach taking the team to the promise land.  Thank me for this.  I'll take my bow now. 

B.  Maybe the rest of the team isn't hot but all that matters is Sam Howell, you see how well he's playing, I found the QB!

C.   Dan didn't deserve the beating he took from the media.  He's a really good man and he gave me everything I ever wanted.  But heck most people probably forgot about me saying that.  I say a lot of things then later do a 180 on it and say the opposite.  So why not on this?  Let me repackage all of that considering I can tell my legacy isn't hot with the fans.  So let me go down the road that might work because I know they all hate Dan.  I'll tell Mike Silver who will write an article about this about how all of this is Dan's fault really. 

This is a great summary.  I was totally onboard with RR the coach, not at all with giving him full power.  I too believe he is a "good man". But I am so sick of him and his excuses. He sounds so clueless and actually believes he is leaving a good roster.  I can't wait to see him shipped out of town.  

• Like 3

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is a great summary.  I was totally onboard with RR the coach, not at all with giving him full power.  I too believe he is a "good man". But I am so sick of him and his excuses. He sounds so clueless and actually believes he is leaving a good roster.  I can't wait to see him shipped out of town.  

Yeah for me its his rhetroic that makes me beyond annoyed with him.  it's constant spin, excuses -- and doing 180 statements from one week to another to fit whatever new agenda exists.

It is a bad culture as to the team.  It's a culture of losing, excuse making and delusion.  When Barnwell mentioned the culture needs to be restored for that franchise, to me it was apt. 

In retrospect, Ron to me is basically a nicer guy version of Bruce.  Because otherwise as how he operates in the FO, he's basically Bruce Allen round 2.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Who tf is talking to Diana Russini and giving her the ability to report that Rivera will definitely be fired four weeks from now?

This **** is dysfunctional.

I think she's just reporting what everyone knows...Ron and Co are gone at the end of the season. You and I could have wrote that piece stating un named sources. Kind of a no brainer. 

12 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I think she's just reporting what everyone knows...Ron and Co are gone at the end of the season. You and I could have wrote that piece stating un named sources. Kind of a no brainer. 

We can guess it based on probability, but we don't know it.  She's a journalist, she can't publish that kind of article without an actual source, and probably two.  Someone in position to know for sure what is happening is talking to her and they shouldn't be.

Edit to add: if we were reporters who got caught making up sources, we would open ourselves and our paper up to civil liability and we would be fired and blackballed from the industry for life.

Edited by Going Commando
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Who tf is talking to Diana Russini and giving her the ability to report that Rivera will definitely be fired four weeks from now?

Wasn't there a rumor she offered a certain alcoholic front-office exec in WAS mouth-hugs for info?

...I seem to remember his wife thinking that was the case. 

• Thumb down 1

20 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

C’mon man, the entire world knows Rivera is gone.  The most interesting aspect of the story was “…and some of the front office” as opposed to everybody.  That points me right to Jason Wright as the leak though.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man, the entire world knows Rivera is gone.  The most interesting aspect of the story was “…and some of the front office” as opposed to everybody.  That points me right to Jason Wright as the leak though.  

Again..its common knowledge and wouldn't take much prodding to get someone in the organization to admit what everyone else already knows to be true.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah for me its his rhetroic that makes me beyond annoyed with him.  it's constant spin, excuses -- and doing 180 statements from one week to another to fit whatever new agenda exists.

It is a bad culture as to the team.  It's a culture of losing, excuse making and delusion.  When Barnwell mentioned the culture needs to be restored for that franchise, to me it was apt. 

In retrospect, Ron to me is basically a nicer guy version of Bruce.  Because otherwise as how he operates in the FO, he's basically Bruce Allen round 2.  

His off seasons and drafts, without looking it up, were probably worse.    RR got virtually nothing out of every 1st and 2nd round pick he has made. His free agent signings were horrific. I honestly can't see how anyone could have done a worse job assembling a roster.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Anyone in Rivera’s entire staff’s camp could have leaked that. What incentive do they have to be quiet? Extremely not worrisome or dysfunctional 

Because they have to finish coaching the season.  They still have a job to do, and it is difficult under good circumstances.  Now Ron and all of the other coaches get to spend the rest of the season trying to get everyone to do their jobs with zero remaining authority, dealing with distractions, and answering the questions about getting fired.  Do you really think the coaches caused all of that?

Nobody had an incentive to talk to Diana Russini and humiliate Rivera and his staff, but some stupid **** did.  And it was someone in a position to know what Harris is planning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Because they have to finish coaching the season.  They still have a job to do, and it is difficult under good circumstances.  Now Ron and all of the other coaches get to spend the rest of the season trying to get everyone to do their jobs with zero remaining authority, dealing with distractions, and answering the questions about getting fired.  Do you really think the coaches caused all of that?

Nobody had an incentive to talk to Diana Russini and humiliate Rivera and his staff, but some stupid **** did.  And it was someone in a position to know what Harris is planning.

Everyone in this solar system knows what Harris is planning. Everyone in the locker room already knows their coaches are gone and the roster will see immense turnover. There’s a reason they’ve been getting waffle-stomped all season. 

Again, it’s not surprising at all that some assistant confirmed to Russini that everyone in the building feels the same inevitable doom that we on the outside sense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

More humiliating than the actual coaching and personnel job they’ve done this year?