Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, method man said:

It’s interesting that, for so many here, Cunningham and Weidl are the top guys. Roll out the carpet for Peters, the guy the 9ers are doing org chart gymnastics to try to keep. I think of him as a rich man’s McCloughan - a great eye for talent combined with amazing people skills and relationships across the NFL and with agents. You know too, that with the 9ers, he probably embraces analytics too to a certain level. Finally, having him in place allows us to go after strong talent currently or formerly with the 9ers for both the FO and coaching staff - if Ben Johnson doesn’t come here, think Slowik as HC with Saleh as DC potentiallyΒ 

Β 

The reason I honed in on Cunningham early on was not just because of the pedigree and the buzz, but also the Virginia connections as a UVA guy. There just seems to be a good fit there.

Β 

Someone else pointed out Ben Johnson as a Tar Heel potentially connecting with Howell for that reason, too, which I find exciting.

• Like 1

Tepper is outta his mind.

Β 

We won't be competing w/ Carolina for any high end staff this offseason since no one will want to go there. I don't care what your contract says, how can anyone think its a good idea to hitch themselves to that owner who will impose his will on the draft and fire you in before year 1 is even up.

Β 

I can easily say our situation will be more attractive than theirs.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, method man said:

It’s interesting that, for so many here, Cunningham and Weidl are the top guys. Roll out the carpet for Peters, the guy the 9ers are doing org chart gymnastics to try to keep. I think of him as a rich man’s McCloughan - a great eye for talent combined with amazing people skills and relationships across the NFL and with agents. You know too, that with the 9ers, he probably embraces analytics too to a certain level. Finally, having him in place allows us to go after strong talent currently or formerly with the 9ers for both the FO and coaching staff - if Ben Johnson doesn’t come here, think Slowik as HC with Saleh as DC potentiallyΒ 

I'm not sure that these are the candidates that people "want" or just the ones they're hearing about. Peters is also a name I've seen here and there. I believe most fans are excited about any GM candidate that is respected throughout the league and has had successful, relevant experience in whatever front office roles they've had so far.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I can see Saleh getting fired, he had 3 years to improve the Jets and failed to do so

nah.. dont see it. He will get one more year with Rogers since the whole O is build for Rogers to succeed with OC and HC.

Now if Rogers sucks/ hurt again in 24.. their whole FO is done.Β Β 

8 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I can see Saleh getting fired, he had 3 years to improve the Jets and failed to do so

Β 

That's not fair to Saleh though.Β  If Aaron Rodgers doesn't get hurt the first series on offense of the season for the Jets, I firmly believe that they'd be at least a wild card team if Aaron plays at the level that he did last year.Β  If he was playing at an MVP level like 2-3 years ago, the Jets would be the best team in the AFC with that defense.Β  It wasn't Saleh's call to draft Zach Wilson (That's their idiotic GM's fault), and the team was unbelievably unlucky that Rodgers got hurt so early on.Β  Wilson is the worst QB in the league.Β  The only other QB that might be in that stratosphere is Mac Jones.Β  Wilson is barely backup level at best.Β  I bet he's out of the league after his contract runs out, or he's cut by the Jets.Β  He's that horrific.

Β 

If the Jets fire Saleh after this season, then Woody Johnson is a bigger moron than I even thought.Β  The last thing wrong with that team is the HC.Β  I do think they'll fire Hackett, or at least convince Rodgers that they have to move in a different direction at OC.Β Β 

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Saw this on Commanders Nation FB post - thoughts?Β  Β 

Β 

"Joe Gibbs General Manager

Jim Harbaugh Head Coach

Londan Fletcher D coach

Ryan Kerrigan D line coach

Gary Clark DB coach

9+ draft picks

90+ mil in salary cap

Let’s go Josh Harris and crew don’t **** this up"

Β 

Β 

This represents by far my least favorite type of fanβ€”and seemingly by far the most likely type of fan to be met in real life where I live lol

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Harris is accumulating a lot of goodwill by retaining Ron until the end of the season. Every week Ron stays on, Washington becomes more and more attractive to quality GMs and HCs.

Β 

I've been cool w/ that as the best case scenario for about a month now.

Β 

100% sure Ron is gone at the end of the year, but the benefits to getting rid of him now don't outweigh the benefits of keeping him till the end of the year.

Just ride out the storm.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Saw this on Commanders Nation FB post - thoughts?Β  Β 

Β 

"Joe Gibbs General Manager

Jim Harbaugh Head Coach

Londan Fletcher D coach

Ryan Kerrigan D line coach

Gary Clark DB coach

9+ draft picks

90+ mil in salary cap

Let’s go Josh Harris and crew don’t **** this up"

Β 

Β 

if this would happen clearly Josh Harris and crew did screw up....the sole reeasons of Harbaugh being mentioned as the HC and Clark a DB coach alone, Clark was a WR, maybe this person meant to say Darrell Green as DB coach?...either way terrible choices imho.i did get a great laugh seeing this though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Β 

The reason I honed in on Cunningham early on was not just because of the pedigree and the buzz, but also the Virginia connections as a UVA guy. There just seems to be a good fit there.

Β 

Someone else pointed out Ben Johnson as a Tar Heel potentially connecting with Howell for that reason, too, which I find exciting.

Being from the uva area and lifelong fan it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see him come here and be successful.Β  I'm actually co-workers and good friends with one of his former teammates.Β  We were at work a few months and he was telling me about a fishing trip they were on together and showing me pictures......little did I know then that guy in the picture would be in the rumor mill for our next GM lol

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

Β 

That's not fair to Saleh though.Β  If Aaron Rodgers doesn't get hurt the first series on offense of the season for the Jets, I firmly believe that they'd be at least a wild card team if Aaron plays at the level that he did last year.Β  If he was playing at an MVP level like 2-3 years ago, the Jets would be the best team in the AFC with that defense.Β  It wasn't Saleh's call to draft Zach Wilson (That's their idiotic GM's fault), and the team was unbelievably unlucky that Rodgers got hurt so early on.Β  Wilson is the worst QB in the league.Β  The only other QB that might be in that stratosphere is Mac Jones.Β  Wilson is barely backup level at best.Β  I bet he's out of the league after his contract runs out, or he's cut by the Jets.Β  He's that horrific.

Β 

If the Jets fire Saleh after this season, then Woody Johnson is a bigger moron than I even thought.Β  The last thing wrong with that team is the HC.Β  I do think they'll fire Hackett, or at least convince Rodgers that they have to move in a different direction at OC.Β Β 

And.....someone on the Jets made the call to stick with Zach Wilson over going out and getting a veteran like Dobbs, Brissett or even Colt McCoy, Carson Wentz. Terrible decision. If Saleh made that call than maybe he should be fired. Gotta believe he was in on it as the head coach.

If Belichek wants the Commanders job I think Harris is gonna be hard pressed to turn him down unless it costs draft compensation. Just my thought. The biggest red flag, along with his age, would be his lack of developing any young QB not named Tom Brady. For this reason alone I'd pass. Let Jerry Jones hire him after Dallas loses in this years playoffs. But I don't know who Harris would find who he considers better? I do think Josh will hire a GM who makes the call of new head coach....I may have just talked in circles there.Β 

14 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Harris is accumulating a lot of goodwill by retaining Ron until the end of the season. Every week Ron stays on, Washington becomes more and more attractive to quality GMs and HCs.

Yeah but he's pissing off fans of other teams who are looking to get a higher draft pick. lol

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If Belichek wants the Commanders job I think Harris is gonna be hard pressed to turn him down unless it costs draft compensation. Just my thought. The biggest red flag, along with his age, would be his lack of developing any young QB not named Tom Brady. For this reason alone I'd pass. Let Jerry Jones hire him after Dallas loses in this years playoffs. But I don't know who Harris would find who he considers better? I do think Josh will hire a GM who makes the call of new head coach....I may have just talked in circles there.Β 

Good Lord I hope he isn't even being considered at all.

• Like 2

Β 

Β 

It was no secret that Tepper was infatuated with Johnson during the hiring cycle last year and that Johnson was his top choice. Johnson wisely returned to Detroit, where he spent the year refining his abilities both as a play-caller and as someone who could observe and interpret game management decisions. His learning from Dan Campbell, one of the league’s most authentic and aggressive head coaches, will be an incredible asset for Johnson. The 37-year-old was born in South Carolina, was raised and played high school football in Ashville and went to college at North Carolina, where he walked on to the football team. In terms of a sensible hire, this is overwhelmingly the way to go for the Panthers. And, no doubt, Tepper needs a slam dunk here.

Β 

Frank Smith, offensive coordinator, Miami Dolphins

Tepper seems to value both emotional intelligence and book smarts in his evaluation process. Johnson, a mathematics and computer science major, fits the bill just like Smith, a genial and deeply interpersonal coach steeped in one of the most innovative offensive rooms in the NFL. I see Smith as a kind of 1A to Johnson, even though Miami’s offense is equally as impressive as what Johnson operates in Detroit, but for different reasons. Smith, having been on the ground floor of Tua Tagovailoa’s career revival, would be a must interview for Tepper, who is (rightfully) protective of Young’s future since it is so intimately tied with his own perception.

Β 

Bobby Slowik, offensive coordinator, Houston Texans

Here’s one I’d keep an eye on for several reasons. Slowik worked under Kyle Shanahan and is calling the offense for C.J. Stroud, a quarterback many believe Tepper should have taken atop the 2023 draft (not me, for the record, and hindsight is 20/20, right?). Slowik is on my must-interview list, and ability as a play-caller is obvious. He also has access to a slew of DeMeco Ryans’s hand-picked defensive assistants as possible defensive coordinators and could bring rising star Jerrod Johnson, the team’s quarterbacks coach, with him as an offensive coordinator. He could also pilfer from the Shanahan tree, where there are still a ton of really valuable coaches and prospective big-time play-callers.

Mike Macdonald, defensive coordinator, Baltimore Ravens

While this list is mostly populated by offensive coaches, Macdonald’s candidacy is almost impossible to ignore. One could imagine Macdonald and Tepper connecting via Macdonald’s smarts; he has a track record of impressing the room. I’m not sure whyΒ Ravens defensive coordinatorΒ isn’t an automatic line-skipper for rΓ©sumΓ©s. Rex Ryan took a lowly Jets franchise to two AFC championship games and built one of the great, innovative defenses of the last 25 years. And Wink Martindale is keeping a patchwork Giants defense afloat with his guerilla style defense. Baltimore is a coaching factory, largely untapped. Macdonald could be its poster child.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I don't see any of these guys signing with Carolina until all the other job openings are closed. They are a mess and Tepper is a clown.Β 

Β 

Johnson has already turned them down once, and has said the culture and environment need to be right as well. There is 0.00% chance he is going to Carolina. Same for Smith, Slowik.

Β 

Honestly, I think it'll be someone like Bieniemy who just wants his shot.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think who we hire as GM will determine who we hire as HC. There will probably be some kind of connection between them.

Hope so, WH.Β  Under Snyder it was done backwards.Β  HC and then GM.Β  I really think Harris and the other partial owners have a target and that guy is linked to either Colbert who he knows or Ian Cunningham who knows Irving Johnson and Shen and possibly Harris.Β 

11 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Slowik is fool's gold. Bill Lazor is the dude working magic with Stroud. Media pumps Slowik, GMs know it's Lazor.

Β 

Not to say he wouldn't be a good HC. I'd just pump the brakes on the enthusiasm

I saw the Texans throw deep on 3rd and 4th and 1 back to back plays and immediately soured on Slowik.

• Thumb up 1